Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Home Depot: Ryobi 18V Lithium Compact Drill Kit model P815- $71.99 (Was $179.00)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2011 4:33 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2005
872 posts
444 upvotes
Mississauga

[Home Depot] Home Depot: Ryobi 18V Lithium Compact Drill Kit model P815- $71.99 (Was $179.00)

Ryobi may not be the best brand out there but for $71.99 I think you can’t go wrong. The kit comes with charger and 2 compact Lithium-Ion batteries (1.5Ah). For comparison one battery alone is $79.99 and a set of 2 is $129.99.

This kit is available in store only (I got mine at Argentia Store in Mississauga) and it’s not advertised in the weekly flyer. Interestingly $89.99 seems to be the regular price on HD website but in the store it was clearly marked down from $179.00.

Edit: Take another 20% off during HD cordless power tools sale (until Oct 19) and you can have it for $71.99. $89.99 after that.

[IMG]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7803/ryobi.jpg[/IMG]
95 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2082 posts
637 upvotes
Thanks OP. Are you sure it has two batteries? The online picture shows one battery only?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2578 posts
3189 upvotes
Fredericton
simplylgg wrote: Thanks OP. Are you sure it has two batteries? The online picture shows one battery only?

In his picture, the box says "2 Compact Batteries, charger and tool bag included."
[OP]
Dec 14, 2005
872 posts
444 upvotes
Mississauga
simplylgg wrote: Thanks OP. Are you sure it has two batteries? The online picture shows one battery only?

yes, there are 2 batteries included
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1626 posts
258 upvotes
Picked one up at St henri. Last one one the shelf. This beat the $50 Trimmer deal in August. I bought two then (for the batteries) and will be returning the other, unopened. Thanks OP
Dec 18, 2005
343 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph
Good deal, just picked one up - there are about 1/2 dozen left in Guelph. Can confirm it has 2 batteries.
Oct 12, 2009
145 posts
37 upvotes
Picked one up in the Belleville store yesterday. Comes with 2 batteries.
Great deal.

There was 1 left on the shelf.
Apr 3, 2006
54 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
Thanks OP! Picked up the last one at South Edmonton Common, tucked away at the back of the rack, difficult to see. Asked the sales associate to do a price check and he confirmed the price without scanning. He said was suprised I found one as he sold the demo in the morning and thought it was sold out.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3487 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
thanks OP. Just picked one up at the Heartland location. The Argentia location is OOS
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1626 posts
258 upvotes
I have the original A+ drill (NiCad) from about 5 years ago that I like very much. I added the $40 Ryobi drill/saw (NiCad) kit in August, as the older batteries are getting weak. The newly spec'ed drills are slower and all in all not as good. I just looked at the spec of this Lithium set and it is similar to my older set, on top of that it is smaller, lighter and comes with a 1/2 in chuck instead of 3/8 in. I think I am going to like this. I can probably retire all my Ryobi A+ NiCad batteries now.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2082 posts
637 upvotes
I picked one up just now from Dufferin/Steeles location. They had at least one more on the shelf. It has 2 batteries. Now I need to sell the drill as I only need
the batteries and the charger.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1537 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
Anyone know the Mah rating of the batteries?

I just want to get this kit for the batteries alone.

Thanks

------------

Nevermind... 1.5Ah as posted by OP.

1500mah.
.... I see, a bright past ....
but it's starting to dim.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1537 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
Error2 wrote: It states on the battery 2.4WH which I believe converts to 1333.33 mAH.

based on this conversion:
http://www.camerahacker.com/Definitions ... sion.shtml

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking of using these batteries for my BAJA 5b e-conversion..

But since the Mah rating of the batteries are low, not going to happen.
.... I see, a bright past ....
but it's starting to dim.
Mar 11, 2006
441 posts
30 upvotes
Picked up one at Burlington HD.

There should be 2 left but I couldn't find them.

Thanks a ton OP.

Anyone know what I should do with 2 old drills and 4 dead batteries?
Mar 11, 2006
125 posts
15 upvotes
underpants wrote: Picked up one at Burlington HD.

There should be 2 left but I couldn't find them.

Thanks a ton OP.

Anyone know what I should do with 2 old drills and 4 dead batteries?
if you have extra latpop adaptor output is 18v, you can build it to use 110v outlet, I can have those old batterys if you don't need it , pls PM me
if you pass by Mississauga
Banned
Mar 12, 2010
1281 posts
53 upvotes
Aurora
Is a Ryobi drill better than that of Mastercraft found here. Anyone have any experience, looking to buy a unit for work, it will be expensed. So I'm looking for a decent unit/price.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2927 posts
1764 upvotes
Barrie
EVERYONE should buy this...bar none...

This thing is a workhorse. I have had mine for about 2 years now and I have put it through the ringer. Built a fence, a deck, a shed, framed and finished a basement, dropped it from 20 feet on to rocks and it is still working just like the first day.

Pick up a DeWalt Impact Driver ready bit set and this thing will driving screws, lag bolts, bolts, etc forever.

A++++ from a very very satisfied user
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2927 posts
1764 upvotes
Barrie
tido88 wrote: Is a Ryobi drill better than that of Mastercraft found here. Anyone have any experience, looking to buy a unit for work, it will be expensed. So I'm looking for a decent unit/price.

Never used the mastercraft but this Ryobi is just plain amazing...and super light. + the Ryobi has a magnetic holder to hold your screws which is crazy handy...I use it all the time to hold up to 10 decking screws.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
I picked mine up today from the Clareview Home Depot. There is 1 left.

I went to grab it, store tag says $179.99. I ask the sales associate to check pricing as online states $89.99. He shows me the online ad and says no its $179.99 becuz the picture only shows 1 battery online and this package has 2. I tell him the SKU# are the same and he says oh no its different. If you want it, I can take one battery out and sell it to you for $89.99. I give him the WTF look and say okay and walk back to the drill section.

I pull up this thread and he comes back saying yeah its $89.99. I ask to speak to manager, show him this thread and show him the picture with the store printed tag that says $89.99. Hes all let me check this for you. He tells the sales guy I was dealing with to scan it and surprise surprise, the till says $89.99. Apologies and the manager scolding the sales guy later I walk out with one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)