Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Home Depot: Ryobi 18V Lithium Compact Drill Kit model P815- $71.99 (Was $179.00)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2011 4:33 pm
Jul 9, 2008
67 posts
43 upvotes
Fredericton
tido88 wrote: Is a Ryobi drill better than that of Mastercraft found here. Anyone have any experience, looking to buy a unit for work, it will be expensed. So I'm looking for a decent unit/price.

I have had a Mastercraft cordless drill for 5 years now and these forums have convinced me that its garbage and that I should buy a better name brand.....but it just keeps on working and wont break. For the price I like Mastercraft.
Sep 16, 2011
153 posts
14 upvotes
CALGARY
Just heard the ad on the radio about Ryobi's being on sales at HD.
Going to check it out and see what's left...
Boycott Rogers!
Avoid their credit card, cell phone, internet, home phone and cable services at all costs!
Use your antenna and get FREE HDTV over the air instead of Robbers cable.
--- Yet another Robbers rate increase
http://www.digitalhome.ca/2011/01/roger ... march-1st/
--- Even worse in 2012
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/rate-increase-info
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
I was researching and found this Li-ion Cordless Drill Comparsion Review by Popluar Mechanics:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/re ... ls/4292657

It compared most of the major brands and the 2 Ryobi drills tested were rated very favorably near the top. One model - P203, was even named "Best Value".

Please note, while the model number of the P815 (on sale) seems closer to the other P814 tested but the design is acturally more similar to the P203, so that makes this deal even sweeter.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Only recharables batteries are turely recyclable and in demand, so you can bring them in Staples or most battery stores or search drop off locations below:

http://www.call2recycle.ca/
underpants wrote: Picked up one at Burlington HD.

There should be 2 left but I couldn't find them.

Thanks a ton OP.

Anyone know what I should do with 2 old drills and 4 dead batteries?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2315 posts
2757 upvotes
Toronto
h5u3u wrote: I have had a Mastercraft cordless drill for 5 years now and these forums have convinced me that its garbage and that I should buy a better name brand.....but it just keeps on working and wont break. For the price I like Mastercraft.

+1 I've had a MasterCraft 18v NiCd drill for almost 10 years and it has served me very well over the years. It even has the magnetic base on the batteries for holding screws which is very convenient. Unfortunately, it's batteries don't hold a charge for more than 30 mins anymore, so I'm gonna try to get this Ryobi drill.
Nothing to see here folks...
Jun 13, 2008
77 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
How does this drill compare to DeWalts?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Thanks for reading my post. :D
sg07 wrote: How does this drill compare to DeWalts?
Banned
Mar 12, 2010
1281 posts
53 upvotes
Aurora
Bought a Ryobi at the Aurora HD location, quite a few units still remain. Also there are 20v versions now of power tools, is this why th1 18v versions are all going on sale?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
tido88 wrote: Bought a Ryobi at the Aurora HD location, quite a few units still remain. Also there are 20v versions now of power tools, is this why th1 18v versions are all going on sale?

I'm waiting for the 22v tools, they will be so much better........
Oct 5, 2011
2 posts
NORTH YORK
BinaryJay wrote: I'm waiting for the 22v tools, they will be so much better........

I only know of DeWalt coming out with a 20V battery not 22V. These batteries won't even be compatible with 18V tools, so it will make all your tools obsolete. Ryobi's lithium batteries are just as good as the other lithium batteries and they are compatible with all their 18V tools. I just don't see the value in a 20V battery.
Jan 26, 2011
473 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Bought at Curity Ave. location.Seems to work OK so far.If this does not preform better than the numerous ni-cad's i've waisted money on there will be a LARGE Ryobi giveaway sale.
Thanks OP.
Dec 22, 2005
25 posts
27 upvotes
Many thanks to OP
Just got the last one at Home Depot London North. The batteries will also work with the older Ryobi 18v tools which I have a few of. Nice way to get a smaller drill with 2 batteries.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1127 posts
218 upvotes
Just finished today building a "deck" for my shed, with the Ryobi drill, used almost all 250 deck screws of 8x3 with one full brick Lithium battery, I got this battery from trim-blower bundle sale ($99?) before summer, also used portable saw I got together with the drill (was 4-in-1 with drill, radio, flashlight and saw, NiCD battery for $69, then there was another 4-in-1 kit replaced radio with vacuum for $40!), I had radio on for almost a day (I know it can last a week or two) with NiCd 18v battery from the 4-in-1 kit. It was strong enough from beginning to the end to drive all 250 pieces of 3-inch screws - with 1-2mm countersink into the wood. All in all, Ryobi rocks with the best price /value!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
Picked one of these up at the Polo Park store in Winnipeg today. According to online inventory they had 9...I could only find this one and one other. Marked at $179 on the shelf tag but scanned at $89.99.

I also picked up the P2050 18 volt string trimmer which has the larger battery for $69.99. Looked to be about 10 of these on the shelf...the shelf tag said $129.99 but scanned at $69.99.

Awesome as I have a Ryobi 7 tool set that these 3 batteries can work with. So I now have 2 regular 18 volt batteries and 3 Li-ion 18 volt batteries to go with all the tools. Great deals!!!
Sep 3, 2009
144 posts
54 upvotes
FYI - HD is having 20% off cordless tools sale starting Thurs.

Don't know if you can apply the extra discount towards Ryobi tools.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2315 posts
2757 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! I've been waiting for a deal on an 18V Li-Ion drill and was hoping to get a Dewalt but this deal was just too good to pass up. Picked up the last one at Pointe-Claire, and it was an open box so I got an additional 10% off. Sick deal for $80!
Nothing to see here folks...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2002
2120 posts
47 upvotes
Excellent find. I've had the green 18V Ryobi impact driver for a couple of years now, and it's quite good. I've been waiting for the drill to go on sale, so I have 4 compatible battery packs and two chargers. My old Craftsman drill holds about 30 seconds worth of charge, and I've come soooo close to replacing it with other units that were on sale, but not compatible with my impact driver. Thanks, OP.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
great find. Will go great with my $50/4pc set that I bought a couple of months ago with came with a crappy a battery and stupid charger.
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Dec 10, 2006
356 posts
98 upvotes
Anyone know of any good bit kits to go with this?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)