• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 6:28 pm
[OP]
Sep 17, 2007
318 posts
200 upvotes
Wasaga Beach

[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE+ AirStrike 16-Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer $149 YMMV

Just picked up the RYOBI P325 16-Gauge Finish Mailer from Home Depot in Collingwood for $149.

This was a yellow clearance tag item, so as always YMMV as all Home Depots set their own clearance prices. This is an older model that has been replaced by the P326 which sells for $299. The tag said the original price on this one was $299 as well. It's listed online at $229, so at least $80 off, and possibly $150.

I used it yesterday on some light trim work and it seems to work pretty well, a little heavier and a little slower than my air nailer, but not bad.

According to StockTrack stock is limited, but you might get lucky:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000805539

Note that StockTrack does not show correct clearance prices for Home Depot. An "easy" way to check the price at your local store is to order it online for "Pick up In-Store" (not ship to store). The order will initially process at the $229 online price, but the confirmation email will show you the actual store price. If the emailed price is not to your liking, cancel the order (or simply don't pick it up by the deadline)
74 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1595 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
$149 for this tool is very good. have this for more than a year, it was very handy when building my garage shelves and other outdoor wood flower planters. this was once better than the original Milwaukee 16ga finish nailer.
Apr 2, 2017
307 posts
188 upvotes
PSA, this is the Finish nailer i.e. thicker nails than the Brad nailer P320/P321
Dec 1, 2008
186 posts
172 upvotes
Thanks OP. Grabbed one that was listed at regular price and was adjusted to clearance price.
Dec 5, 2013
275 posts
78 upvotes
jgeddy wrote: The pick up in store option worked well. It showed original price at checkout, but the confirmation email shows $149. Thanks OP!
is this only for Collingwood store?
Dec 5, 2013
275 posts
78 upvotes
bubba_chubs123 wrote: Thanks OP. Grabbed one that was listed at regular price and was adjusted to clearance price.
which store did you go the adjustment ? thanks
Feb 1, 2009
461 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
jgeddy wrote: The pick up in store option worked well. It showed original price at checkout, but the confirmation email shows $149. Thanks OP!
The store needs to have stock for that option? Or can we do ship to store?
Dec 12, 2019
761 posts
581 upvotes
It’s weird that that replace it with P326 with the name of brad nailer and yet the gauge is the same as 16

Their mistake?
Jan 18, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
Like the original post says, the store must have the in stock option, pick up in store NOT ship to store, checkout with the regular price, and the confirmation email shows the sale price.
Nov 10, 2016
413 posts
208 upvotes
ordered one; although I don't know what I will use it for......
Apr 3, 2005
749 posts
64 upvotes
BushCaddy wrote: Just picked up the RYOBI P325 16-Gauge Finish Mailer from Home Depot in Collingwood for $149.

This was a yellow clearance tag item, so as always YMMV as all Home Depots set their own clearance prices. This is an older model that has been replaced by the P326 which sells for $299. The tag said the original price on this one was $299 as well. It's listed online at $229, so at least $80 off, and possibly $150.

I used it yesterday on some light trim work and it seems to work pretty well, a little heavier and a little slower than my air nailer, but not bad.

According to StockTrack stock is limited, but you might get lucky:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000805539

Note that StockTrack does not show correct clearance prices for Home Depot. An "easy" way to check the price at your local store is to order it online for "Pick up In-Store" (not ship to store). The order will initially process at the $229 online price, but the confirmation email will show you the actual store price. If the emailed price is not to your liking, cancel the order (or simply don't pick it up by the deadline)
yellowmp5 wrote: $149 for this tool is very good. have this for more than a year, it was very handy when building my garage shelves and other outdoor wood flower planters. this was once better than the original Milwaukee 16ga finish nailer.
piperdaddy wrote: PSA, this is the Finish nailer i.e. thicker nails than the Brad nailer P320/P321
xxxibgdrgn wrote: It’s weird that that replace it with P326 with the name of brad nailer and yet the gauge is the same as 16

Their mistake?

new to the nailer tech.. but would love to buy one...

Quick search or google and top RFD Post says...

Finish nails are thicker and longer vs brad nailers are small and thin...

My Question is .. Since Finish nails are thicker and longer... so the finish nailer can it support the brad nails as well ???

so is it better to buy the finish nailer ? i know it could be heavier than the other...
P.S. : if you find lots of spelling mistakes in my above comment. This is what happens when you use the physical Keyboard (Blackberry) your whole life and then you have to settle with a virtual Keyboard.
Dec 12, 2019
761 posts
581 upvotes
DjSingh wrote: new to the nailer tech.. but would love to buy one...

Quick search or google and top RFD Post says...

Finish nails are thicker and longer vs brad nailers are small and thin...

My Question is .. Since Finish nails are thicker and longer... so the finish nailer can it support the brad nails as well ???

so is it better to buy the finish nailer ? i know it could be heavier than the other...
The thickness and heavy of job to be done is like
Frame > Finish > brad

Finish nailers are mainly used indoor jobs like baseboards or door trims window trims.
Brad nailers are more fine detailed jobs like thinner stuff like plywood or small furniture.
For DIYer, I think finish nailers are the most versatile ones since it can be used indoor jobs and can be used on furniture as well.
Dec 1, 2008
186 posts
172 upvotes
Asriel wrote: The store needs to have stock for that option? Or can we do ship to store?
The Kanata store in Ottawa.
Apr 28, 2013
164 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks op In for 1, orderd online at regular price received email shortly after with adjustment with tax included $168.37.Just waiting on ready for pickup confirmation.
Sep 4, 2017
125 posts
78 upvotes
Thanks OP, just got my pickup confirmation for the $149 price!

I'm currently in the milwaukee eco system but their nailers are so expensive, so this will do for the time being.
I'm sure I can find a cheap battery and charger for this on the secondary market.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1452 posts
2894 upvotes
I picked one up a few days ago. I think this "older" version is better as it still has the bump feature. The new P326 apparently doesn't have that feature anymore. Not sure why they changed it up.
Nov 18, 2008
778 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
truenorthstrong wrote: Thanks OP, just got my pickup confirmation for the $149 price!

I'm currently in the milwaukee eco system but their nailers are so expensive, so this will do for the time being.
I'm sure I can find a cheap battery and charger for this on the secondary market.
I use my Dewalt batteries with few ryobi tools and they work wonder with the adapter. They make many brand adapters.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2228 posts
1724 upvotes
Canada
xxxibgdrgn wrote: The thickness and heavy of job to be done is like
Frame > Finish > brad

Finish nailers are mainly used indoor jobs like baseboards or door trims window trims.
Brad nailers are more fine detailed jobs like thinner stuff like plywood or small furniture.
For DIYer, I think finish nailers are the most versatile ones since it can be used indoor jobs and can be used on furniture as well.
Not sure I agree with using a finish nailer for door/window trims especially for someone inexperienced but to each their own. Especially when most weekend warriors are using Home Depot MDF product.
May 25, 2020
164 posts
285 upvotes
I went the brad nailer route and it worked okay for my baseboards using 2" nails. Other than that, I actually think brad nails are a bit more versatile for what most people would use a nailer (DIY/woodworking hobby).

I also vouch on the adapter thing. I use my Ridgid batteries on a number of Ryobi tools.
Nov 17, 2014
292 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
does the adapter make it too heavy though? Would this operate well with 2ah batteries? Im thinking of getting one to use with my dewalt batteries