Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

RYOBI 18V ONE+ AirStrike 16-Gauge Cordless Finish Nailer $149 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 6:28 pm
Sep 4, 2017
125 posts
78 upvotes
samguan wrote: I use my Dewalt batteries with few ryobi tools and they work wonder with the adapter. They make many brand adapters.
Thanks, I never knew they had these.

I'll give it a go, from some amazon reviews it looks like it doesn't add too much weight.
Nov 18, 2008
778 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
truenorthstrong wrote: Thanks, I never knew they had these.

I'll give it a go, from some amazon reviews it looks like it doesn't add too much weight.
Took this picture just now.

I’m a Dewalt guy when it comes to 20v and Milwaukee for 12V but I do like Ryobi as well.

The adapter is lightweight and good quality and works really well!! It allows me to buy a tool from another brand that either Dewalt lacks or it’s too expensive for my infrequent use.

Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1452 posts
2894 upvotes
samguan wrote: Took this picture just now.

I’m a Dewalt guy when it comes to 20v and Milwaukee for 12V but I do like Ryobi as well.

The adapter is lightweight and good quality and works really well!! It allows me to buy a tool from another brand that either Dewalt lacks or it’s too expensive for my infrequent use.

The inflator/deflator is one of my most favourite tools from Ryobi.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5100 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Only thing to watch out for those adapters is for Ryobi, they have the low voltage cut off in the battery (not the tool) and for DeWalt, that tech is in the tool (not the battery). So you should be careful to not drain your DeWalt battery while it's in the Ryobi tool.

I have the Ryobi Brad nailer and honestly think I would be better off with a pin nailer and a finish nailer (for woodworking, the brad's require a bit of work afterwards to cover the holes and outside of holding things temporarily for glue-ups, they don't have a ton of long-term holding power).
Jul 22, 2010
95 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
I bought the Brad nailer combo last month and it has done well for trim so far. Will I be able to use it for interior door frames? I don't need the finishing nailer for woodworking purposes, the most I'll be doing is door framing aside from the occasional trim to be installed.
Mar 4, 2006
376 posts
186 upvotes
Ottawa
Interesting indeed…. I have the 18ga Brad and the 23ga pin nailer from Ryobi and love them both for their purpose.

It would be nice to have the extra length and holding power offered by the finish nailer but I think it might be too much for me. If I didn’t already have the Brad nailer then I’d buy this for sure.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1473 posts
2804 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
rickytenzer wrote: I bought the Brad nailer combo last month and it has done well for trim so far. Will I be able to use it for interior door frames? I don't need the finishing nailer for woodworking purposes, the most I'll be doing is door framing aside from the occasional trim to be installed.
I would be inclined to use 2" construction screws for door frames (screw through jamb, shims, and into house framing). 6 screws is usually adequate (3 each side). That way, you still have the option to remove screws and tweak the door frame as needed, and they'll be much stronger than using finishing nails. Once I'm happy with the door frame, I conceal the framing screws with stop strips, fastened with 18 ga. brad nails. Also 18 ga. brad nails for the casing trim. 16 ga. framing nails seems excessive for trim and baseboard.
Jan 1, 2013
11 posts
10 upvotes
bought one anyone want it before i return ?
richmond hill/thornhill area
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18636 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
Canadiansinner wrote: The inflator/deflator is one of my most favourite tools from Ryobi.
+1 best tool imo! ive used it 50 times already! is there a ryobi to milwaukee adapter? i have tons of rybobi batteries i'd like to use on NON ryobi tools

DIY
Last edited by mikka2017 on Jan 12th, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 12, 2019
761 posts
581 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Not sure I agree with using a finish nailer for door/window trims especially for someone inexperienced but to each their own. Especially when most weekend warriors are using Home Depot MDF product.
What are you suggesting using on door and window frames?

I was thinking of PVC trims btw for them because they should be waterproof
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2228 posts
1724 upvotes
Canada
xxxibgdrgn wrote: What are you suggesting using on door and window frames?

I was thinking of PVC trims btw for them because they should be waterproof
PVC trims have a place but its really only in the bathroom where water contact or extreme humidity/moisture may occur. For instance if you have trim that goes within 18" of your shower then PVC would be suitable such as we did in my master bath. The previous owner used MDF but the baseboard comes to 8" of the walk-in shower and has been damaged by water. I wouldn't waste your money using it around a window unless the window was in a shed and prone to extreme moisture. Its nice stuff but very costly and not quite as forgiving and you have to use silicone.

The brad nailer is absolutely PERFECT for door and window. I was using 1.5" nails into the frame and its rock solid. I know multiple contractors who do the same. The Ryboi nailer is awesome too as you can adjust the depth of the nail for the material. The finish nailer is nice but its an awkward gauge size as its big enough to split material if you're tighter to the edge as you can be on some doors and windows especially in older houses. Just my two cents. I spoke to a number of contractor friends prior to taking the leap on the 18ga and so happy I did its perfect all around.

I do however want to get a pin nailer as well for detail trim as 18 and 16 just split anything less than 3/4" it seems like.
Jul 22, 2010
95 posts
206 upvotes
Montreal
Ended up getting the 16-Gauge at the l'Acadie store. I called, they put it aside and my FIL picked it up for me. Will try to sell my 18-Gauge now!
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19704 posts
2434 upvotes
I have this nailer. Works well but be aware I find some brands of finish nails tend to get jammed. Have not narrowed down which ones are the issue as my toolbox is too jumbled
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Dec 13, 2008
433 posts
180 upvotes
I was initially holding out for a Ryobi Brad Nailer for floating shelves (frame plus cover with plywood). Would this be too much for my needs or would a Brad nailer be better suited?
I'm just here for the deals....
Nov 10, 2016
413 posts
208 upvotes
Store pick up order got cancelled; apparently most stores are sold out.

I called the 1800 # and they place a ship to home order for me and adjusted the price, in case anyone interested.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4667 posts
1939 upvotes
WFH
xxxibgdrgn wrote: The thickness and heavy of job to be done is like
Frame > Finish > brad

Finish nailers are mainly used indoor jobs like baseboards or door trims window trims.
Brad nailers are more fine detailed jobs like thinner stuff like plywood or small furniture.
For DIYer, I think finish nailers are the most versatile ones since it can be used indoor jobs and can be used on furniture as well.
I don't agree with your use case for finish nailers with trim. As someone who has both, about 95% of the trim work I've done over the last couple of decades has been with a 18ga brad nailers. They're plenty strong enough, easier to work with, easier to clean up the entry holes and pose less risk to the work piece and user.

Unless you have a specific use for 16ga nails I'd suggest an 18ga brad nailer is the more versatile option. On the odd occasion you need more holding power you can always double up which will give you more strength and holding power than a single 16ga nail.
Nov 6, 2006
349 posts
303 upvotes
Coquitlam
first order cancelled. Placed 2nd order at another store and also cancelled. Online they did show stock when I ordered...
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2263 posts
1101 upvotes
Ontario
I went to the local Homedepot, they couldn't find any of the P325 on the shelve, so I asked if they could sell me the display unit, they had to talk to the manager and said yes, since it was a display unit, they gave me another 10% off or $134.10 before HST, but there were no accessories (I assume just some nails and the user manual). I was told to keep the receipt for the warranty; when I went home, I discovered that they'd sold me the P326 display unit.
Last edited by Headbeancounter on Jan 12th, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Aug 29, 2010
594 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, don't have the wallet for this right now but this is a crazy deal.