Home Depot

Ryobi 18V One+ brushless HP hammer drill or impact driver w/bat+chrgr - $79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 1:38 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4562 posts
1642 upvotes
Think theres good chance that the impact wrench combo will go on sale? Its ~$149 for the brushed combo.. and $179 for the brushless combo. Like alot of others, contemplating a power tool for the seasonal winter tire change.

Or would it be better to get this $79 combo that gets you the battery+charge and then hunt for the impact wrench tool only deal?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1267 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
elfion wrote: yep. I personally love this one: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001056922 but I also have https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-ITSQ32B-Imp ... 07MDNSRKG/ and similar sq01 and ph02. and for drill bits I love this set https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001168748
Am I the only one having trouble getting the bits out of Milwaukee's case? There's not much surface area to grip on a drill bit.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1450 posts
2893 upvotes
coilz wrote: Think theres good chance that the impact wrench combo will go on sale? Its ~$149 for the brushed combo.. and $179 for the brushless combo. Like alot of others, contemplating a power tool for the seasonal winter tire change.

Or would it be better to get this $79 combo that gets you the battery+charge and then hunt for the impact wrench tool only deal?
1.5ah battery is not good enough for an impact wrench. You need at least at 4ah to run it properly
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4490 posts
968 upvotes
London
Canadiansinner wrote: 1.5ah battery is not good enough for an impact wrench. You need at least at 4ah to run it properly
This is true, My M12 stubby is quite wimpy with my 1.5Ah batteries...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2147 posts
1579 upvotes
Scycotic wrote: This is true, My M12 stubby is quite wimpy with my 1.5Ah batteries...
Get 2 ah at least.. I have no problem changing tires for 8 cars with one 2 ah battery
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12865 upvotes
number17 wrote: Is the impact driver powerful enough to unscrew car wheel lug nuts? Just need something to change tires without having to run an extension cable....
Don't uh, don't use an impact driver to pull off wheel lugs. It screams amateur hour and it's simply not the tool for the job.
eforblue wrote: Tried to buy it online for store pick up at 3 different locations in Richmon hill and Vaughan and all got canceled. Guess have to wait till next time.
You could also just go in the store and pick one up off the shelf. Again this is NOT a price error, it will scan at that price right in the store. I guess you can have your husband/wife wait outside with the car idling so you can "make a getaway" with your "steal" like in that Ikea commercial, but no one in HD will care since that's the price of it lol.
mtran66 wrote: 1,5amp battery is not useful. Don't bother with this
Yeah but the tool is useful and is worth $79 on its own, so the battery/charger are a bonus.
vincentwjev wrote: is the hammer drill returnable ?
If you're talking about return trick then no, this is a SB kit it's not separate items. If you're talking about having a return policy then yes, HD has 90 days (might even be 180 right now).
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4490 posts
968 upvotes
London
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Get 2 ah at least.. I have no problem changing tires for 8 cars with one 2 ah battery
Haha it originally came with 2Ah but I returned it to get the tool cheaper Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Was debating picking up some 4Ah batteries (for Milwaukee M12, 4Ah is higher current than 6Ah) at the last sale but figured I'd not bother for now. For suspension work my mechanic friend has his Snap-on. For wheel lugs the 1.5Ah actually works most of the time, and I use a breaker bar to start it otherwise. No big deal.
May 22, 2012
302 posts
112 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone in Winnipeg, don't bother going to Leila for the impact one. It showed 8 in stock but no one could find it. There happened to be 8 that were NOT HP with one battery for the same price without a bag so maybe something got crossed. Those ones are not brushless.

Wasted a little time this morning.
Jul 30, 2021
11 posts
1 upvote
Does this compact hammer drill work with brick easily ? for tasks like : installing cameras outdoor, light fixtures, ...etc
Jul 11, 2017
783 posts
933 upvotes
$89 taxes in shipped is a no brainer. Got a item in transit email this morning.
Oct 19, 2009
490 posts
474 upvotes
toronto
Bella125 wrote: $89 taxes in shipped is a no brainer. Got a item in transit email this morning.
sheriffabc wrote: Why not ask for home delivery? It is free!

I Just got email that it has been shipped!

So I don't have to run from store to store.

How do you get free shipping on this item?
They try to charge me almost $10 to ship this item.

Nov 26, 2003
818 posts
173 upvotes
Halifax
i3bdallah wrote: Does this compact hammer drill work with brick easily ? for tasks like : installing cameras outdoor, light fixtures, ...etc
Yes, that is it's intended use.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1514 posts
986 upvotes
blueangel2323 wrote: Am I the only one having trouble getting the bits out of Milwaukee's case? There's not much surface area to grip on a drill bit.
titanium? hehe, same. but what helps is if you pull up the insert in a vertical position with the case sitting on the table.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1514 posts
986 upvotes
mtran66 wrote: 1,5amp battery is not useful. Don't bother with this
help me understand, how is it not useful? what is not useful is using a massive 4Ah battery on a driver that you want to carry around and get into tight spots. 1.5Ah is perfect for a drill/driver, unless you are doing some intense work like drilling 100 holes or putting in 1000 screws all at once.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3369 posts
729 upvotes
North York
18V ONE+ Cordless Impact Driver Kit with (1) 1.5 Ah Battery and Charger

Model Number P235AK1
Store SKU 1001585903

Item Price
$79.00
Quantity 1
Item Total $79.00

Summary of Charges

Order Subtotal $79.00
GST R135772911
HST $10.27

Order Total
$89.27

Payment Information
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1267 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
i3bdallah wrote: Does this compact hammer drill work with brick easily ? for tasks like : installing cameras outdoor, light fixtures, ...etc
Yes, but make sure you put it in second gear (higher speed at lower torque)! I made that mistake when I got my first hammer drill. I thought, brick and concrete are really hard, so I should have it in first gear for more torque. Wrong! It took forever to drill a single hole, almost like a normal non-hammer drill. When I flipped it into second gear, it went into the brick like it was butter.
elfion wrote: help me understand, how is it not useful? what is not useful is using a massive 4Ah battery on a driver that you want to carry around and get into tight spots. 1.5Ah is perfect for a drill/driver, unless you are doing some intense work like drilling 100 holes or putting in 1000 screws all at once.
He was talking about impact wrench, not driver. Impact drivers have high impacts per minute but less powerful impacts, and don't require that much juice. Impact wrenches have fewer, harder hitting impacts, and the more juice the better. Higher capacity batteries give you max voltage for longer, while with tiny batteries the voltage decreases when they're not at 100%.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1514 posts
986 upvotes
blueangel2323 wrote: He was talking about impact wrench, not driver. Impact drivers have high impacts per minute but less powerful impacts, and don't require that much juice. Impact wrenches have fewer, harder hitting impacts, and the more juice the better. Higher capacity batteries give you max voltage for longer, while with tiny batteries the voltage decreases when they're not at 100%.
I see. And yet I bet 1.5Ah battery would still be sufficient for an impact wrench to change wheels on one car.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2806 posts
271 upvotes
On some hammer drills (like newer Milwaukee 12V) there's a switch to select hammer/drill/driver mode.

Does anyone know whether the hammer mode on such a drill bypasses the clutch, like the drill mode does? I know that driver mode uses the clutch as is it's purpose.

This Ryobi compact hammer drill has hammer mode (and drill mode) on the numbered clutch, so I'm guessing both those modes bypass the clutch on this tool?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1267 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Smashy wrote: On some hammer drills (like newer Milwaukee 12V) there's a switch to select hammer/drill/driver mode.

Does anyone know whether the hammer mode on such a drill bypasses the clutch, like the drill mode does? I know that driver mode uses the clutch as is it's purpose.

This Ryobi compact hammer drill has hammer mode (and drill mode) on the numbered clutch, so I'm guessing both those modes bypass the clutch on this tool?
Yes, both drill modes bypass the clutch. Or it's the same as having the clutch at its highest (max torque) setting.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3076 posts
2094 upvotes
I could use a cordless hammer drill, and been wanting to buy into the Ryobi system (neat stuff). But, am I the only one concerned the hammer drill doesn't have the 2nd hand support grip? To me, without it, looks wimpy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)