Home Depot

Ryobi 18V One+ brushless HP hammer drill or impact driver w/bat+chrgr - $79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 1:38 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2806 posts
271 upvotes
vanhalen26 wrote: Will the hammer drill take basic screwdriver bits to use for ikea assembly?
Yep, it's a drill, with a separate hammer mode that you can set it to.
Jan 29, 2003
264 posts
46 upvotes
vanhalen26 wrote: Will the hammer drill take basic screwdriver bits to use for ikea assembly?
Lol..that would be overkill using hammer drill to ruin your ikea furniture. You definitely don't want to use the hammer feature. The bits will fit though, think it uses chuck instead of the 1/4 hex.

What you need is just an electric screwdriver like this or similar:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/wen-4- ... 1001660493

But a regular drill is more ideal.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1706 posts
1830 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Yes, absolutely, I have the Milwaukee equivalent and it works very well for this purpose. Just make sure you select screwdriver mode instead of drill or hammer.
kooblu wrote: Lol..that would be overkill using hammer drill to ruin your ikea furniture. You definitely don't want to use the hammer feature. The bits will fit though, think it uses chuck instead of the 1/4 hex. What you need is just an electric screwdriver like this or similar:

This Ryobi drill is a regular drill, with drill (maximum torque), screwdriver (selectable torque) and hammer (pulse action) modes as well. It will work perfectly well for assembly.
Nov 30, 2006
643 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
kooblu wrote: Lol..that would be overkill using hammer drill to ruin your ikea furniture. You definitely don't want to use the hammer feature. The bits will fit though, think it uses chuck instead of the 1/4 hex.

Thx. I’ve been stocking up on tools lately. Now have the hammer drill, impact wrench, extra batteries, but still want something like that just for basic assembly and the odd bit of work/maintenance.
Sep 26, 2008
69 posts
22 upvotes
Airdrie AB
Picked one up at Airdrie HD but ended up getting a ridgid set instead. If anyones interested and can’t find please PM. Will be taking it in for return later this week otherwise!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1706 posts
1830 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
vanhalen26 wrote: Thx. I’ve been stocking up on tools lately. Now have the hammer drill, impact wrench, extra batteries, but still want something like that just for basic assembly and the odd bit of work/maintenance.
Honestly, if you have the compact drill, you're better off using that - with the multiple batteries you already have - instead of investing in another platform. I used to have an battery-powered screwdriver a long time ago, but once I got a cordless drill I never used the screwdriver. Rather than duplicating what you already have, you can put the money into a tool that covers a different use case.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2170 posts
1593 upvotes
vanhalen26 wrote: Thx. I’ve been stocking up on tools lately. Now have the hammer drill, impact wrench, extra batteries, but still want something like that just for basic assembly and the odd bit of work/maintenance.
I'm sure the hammer drill have drill screw option. So that should be fine
Dec 7, 2018
65 posts
69 upvotes
winnipeg
Bought the hammer drill at HD on kenaston Winnipeg had no problems with store pick up.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2806 posts
271 upvotes
tvisforme wrote: Honestly, if you have the compact drill, you're better off using that - with the multiple batteries you already have - instead of investing in another platform. I used to have an battery-powered screwdriver a long time ago, but once I got a cordless drill I never used the screwdriver. Rather than duplicating what you already have, you can put the money into a tool that covers a different use case.
Agreed, I also found my electric screwdriver to be more of a nuisance. I didn't use it often, so when I did randomly want to use it the battery would be dead. I just use a screwdriver or if needed, my compact drill on low speed and torque. Got rid of the electric screwdriver and have never missed it.
Feb 16, 2012
111 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone who doesnt want the charger interested in selling it to me? Located in Scarborough/markham ON area.
Jul 17, 2019
55 posts
27 upvotes
Got the impact drill and find it wobbles a lot when using long bits, is it normal? Anyone has the same issue?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1269 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
kooblu wrote: Lol..that would be overkill using hammer drill to ruin your ikea furniture. You definitely don't want to use the hammer feature. The bits will fit though, think it uses chuck instead of the 1/4 hex.

A hammer drill is perfectly fine for furniture, just set the clutch to the lowest torque setting that will drive the screws in all the way, and no more. If the holes are pre-tapped, then make sure that you thread the screws in by hand first, to make sure that they're not cross-threaded.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1269 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
xxxjke wrote: Got the impact drill and find it wobbles a lot when using long bits, is it normal? Anyone has the same issue?
Some amount of chuck wobble can be normal, especially for cheaper drills, but it varies quite a bit from model to model, and even sample to sample. If it's severe, you can try a replacement.
Oct 8, 2007
67 posts
34 upvotes
impact drills normally have plays , drill drivers shouldnt
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2806 posts
271 upvotes
xxxjke wrote: Got the impact drill and find it wobbles a lot when using long bits, is it normal? Anyone has the same issue?
I know mine has some wobble/play visible with 2" bits. Works fine.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31659 posts
12962 upvotes

The drill has a clutch feature for driving screws, so should be fine as long as there is clearance to use it. But yes do not to use hammer unless drilling into concrete.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3647 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
looking for the impact driver kit - if anyone returning or can pickup an extra, will emt and grab it

I frequent pickering/Scarborough

Thanks
Jun 1, 2017
742 posts
613 upvotes
Mississauga
Same here. I tried a 3inch bit and it was quite noticeable, then tried the same bit in my 12v makita impact and no wobble at all.
Aug 1, 2016
106 posts
25 upvotes
What's the torque specs on this impact? I assume this little 1/4 in drive cannot do wheel nuts?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31659 posts
12962 upvotes
titeo1106 wrote: What's the torque specs on this impact? I assume this little 1/4 in drive cannot do wheel nuts?
Impact drivers aren't for lugs, no.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)