Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ryobi 18V One+ brushless HP hammer drill or impact driver w/bat+chrgr - $79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 1:38 pm
Dec 3, 2019
94 posts
118 upvotes
Deal is still ongoing. Brantford HD had 6 in stock in the system and I physically saw 2 more when I bought one today. Online shows out of stock so you need to call your HD to check.

St Catherine's and Oshawa still had stock when I called yesterday.

edit: this is for the hammer drill.
Apr 4, 2017
59 posts
48 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Brushless kits are back on sale for $149
Images
  • IMG_20220122_142623.jpg
Jul 4, 2018
662 posts
514 upvotes
Stas911 wrote: Brushless kits are back on sale for $149
I guess if someone needs both of these then it is better to get this new sale for the kit as it saves $10
Put some resphek on my name!
Sep 14, 2020
59 posts
83 upvotes
Unresphek wrote: I guess if someone needs both of these then it is better to get this new sale for the kit as it saves $10
You will get an additional charger for the extra $9 and I think OP's deal is still better.
Oct 10, 2006
85 posts
56 upvotes
Canada
elfion wrote: Professional grade stuff.
I love me some Ryobi, but let's not get carried away here.... Face With Rolling Eyes
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1520 posts
988 upvotes
smatts wrote: I love me some Ryobi, but let's not get carried away here.... Face With Rolling Eyes
it is though. this pair actually outperforms my older M18 Milwaukee. the only downside I discovered is the start time is a bit delayed compared to Milwaukee, not sure why. but in terms of power and features they are nicer. certain other HP series tools are also on part with dewalt and Milwaukee. not Hilti level for sure, but definitely in the same leagues as what typical residential contractors use in north america.
Nov 10, 2021
122 posts
25 upvotes
Stas911 wrote: Brushless kits are back on sale for $149
I went 2 shops, one said price is $149 but no stock. Another $199 and said price never below $199 in the system. Eventually, they agreed to sell to me $149.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
1039 posts
275 upvotes
Still some of these $79 hammer drill kits floating around. My local store showed 7 in stock but they couldn't find any. Went back another day and they were able to find them right away. Note, these brushless drills don't have the extra "HP" contacts that are used with the HP batteries. This seems rather strange but the extra contacts only give a bit better battery life and performance. It seems odd that they make the exact same drill in a version with the contacts and without and both look exactly alike and have the HP label. I don't have any of those batteries in any case.
Jan 5, 2014
218 posts
774 upvotes
Mississauga
elfion wrote: it is though. this pair actually outperforms my older M18 Milwaukee. the only downside I discovered is the start time is a bit delayed compared to Milwaukee, not sure why. but in terms of power and features they are nicer. certain other HP series tools are also on part with dewalt and Milwaukee. not Hilti level for sure, but definitely in the same leagues as what typical residential contractors use in north america.
I noticed the start issue too. I've had mine for about 3m now and they perform very well, but do have that slight delay.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4385 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Tuppin wrote: Still some of these $79 hammer drill kits floating around. My local store showed 7 in stock but they couldn't find any. Went back another day and they were able to find them right away. Note, these brushless drills don't have the extra "HP" contacts that are used with the HP batteries. This seems rather strange but the extra contacts only give a bit better battery life and performance. It seems odd that they make the exact same drill in a version with the contacts and without and both look exactly alike and have the HP label. I don't have any of those batteries in any case.
I see 0 in stock in store, but can order and ship for free.
Why you need to go around the store and looking for phantom stocks?
apvij91 wrote: You will get an additional charger for the extra $9 and I think OP's deal is still better.
May be the 2 tools set has a better charger?

I am not sure why I need this but ordered anyway.
I have the regular drill. I guess i can upgrade to brushless hammer version and perhaps sell my old one for $15?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Sep 14, 2020
59 posts
83 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Everything is the same except 2 different packages and the additional charger.
Drill Driver Kit- $149 + tax (2 tools, 2 batteries and 1 Charger)
Dill+Driver = 79+79 = $158 + tax (1+1 Tools, 1+1 Batteries and 1+1 charger)

The difference is $9, I don't think you could get a Ryobi charger for $9.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4385 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
apvij91 wrote: Everything is the same except 2 different packages and the additional charger.

I see. Anyway I think most people have at least one of the 2 tools already. It is hard to sell on Kijiji these days. I would rather just buy what I think I need. I probably can't even sell my old drill for $15 bare tool in Kijiji.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31712 posts
13046 upvotes
apvij91 wrote: Everything is the same except 2 different packages and the additional charger.

Actually you probably could get one of these "topper" slow chargers for somewhere around there on kijiji, etc. Not like it's a P117 you're getting here.

However doesn't one of the impact driver in the solo kit also come with a bag? Not sure if the dual-tool kit comes with the bag? Also I don't think the solo drill comes with the tool bag, either.
May 1, 2008
52 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: ...
There are essentially two grades of current charger for 18V Ryobi ONE+ batteries. The first is the one that's included in all the kits; it's small, uses a power brick, and is slower.

The second is the P117, which is larger, faster, Intelliport(?), and without a power brick. Ryobi may be phasing these out; almost all the chargers available as kits are the small kind, even with large batteries, and who cares if it charges NiCd batteries these days? OTOH, the P117 is available as a kit with an HP 4.0AH battery and is still listed on the ryobitools.ca site.

The P135 is also a fast Intelliport charger.
Apr 24, 2010
885 posts
599 upvotes
Canada
apvij91 wrote: You will get an additional charger for the extra $9 and I think OP's deal is still better.
Most Ryobi tools owners have 3 to 4 charger already.
Apr 4, 2017
59 posts
48 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I see. Anyway I think most people have at least one of the 2 tools already. It is hard to sell on Kijiji these days. I would rather just buy what I think I need. I probably can't even sell my old drill for $15 bare tool in Kijiji.
Sold charger + 2*1.5Ah batteries on Facebook in early Jan easily.
Nov 15, 2021
34 posts
48 upvotes
How does the compact versions compare with the regular one's. I am planning to use it for home and wood working project.s
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4385 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Stas911 wrote: Sold charger + 2*1.5Ah batteries on Facebook in early Jan easily.
I found FB marketplace is hard to sell these days. Used to get lots of views for the listing but now get only a few. Did you notice any difference? Any trick to sell in FB?

Bare tool drill is much harder to sell though, most people want a battery with it. Plus most kits come with a drill.
Kushana wrote: There are essentially two grades of current charger for 18V Ryobi ONE+ batteries. The first is the one that's included in all the kits; it's small, uses a power brick, and is slower.

The second is the P117, which is larger, faster, Intelliport(?), and without a power brick. Ryobi may be phasing these out; almost all the chargers available as kits are the small kind, even with large batteries, and who cares if it charges NiCd batteries these days? OTOH, the P117 is available as a kit with an HP 4.0AH battery and is still listed on the ryobitools.ca site.

The P135 is also a fast Intelliport charger.
Yes. I was thinking the kit may have the bigger charger. I don't like the small ones. I usually sell off the small chargers whenever I get it.