Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi 18V One+ brushless HP hammer drill or impact driver w/bat+chrgr - $79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 1:38 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3150 upvotes
cmosve wrote: Good value but still a lot for a ryobi with weak 1.5ah battery and cheap charger
What do you mean weak? You mean low capacity? 1.5 is perfect for a driver. Unless you are working somewhere where you can't charge / change battery over a long period of time, I prefer to use smaller lighter battery. Are you implying that it is not maximizing performance? I doubt it.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
elfion wrote: Huge difference.. all HP tools I tried are at par with Milwaukee. Professional grade stuff.
Haven’t seen any pros using these . Mostly a split between much more powerful Dewalt or Milwaukee

These are homeowner “pro” lol

Like some have said , it’s a sale price not price error
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3150 upvotes
ETBUKK wrote: are these good enough for home improvement work? not looking to use it for anything heavy duty
These are good enough for anything except extreme heavy duty applications. so doesn't compare with Hilti but does compare with Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita etc.
Nov 25, 2014
171 posts
91 upvotes
calgary ab
Thanks op

Good deal if you have the ryobi system
Tool only price is $129
I ordered 1 of each for in-store pickup
We'll see if it goes through
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3150 upvotes
stephroll wrote:

Like some have said , it’s a sale price not price error
If it's not an error then why is the listing says down from 99, when the tool only version is 129 and two battery version is 179? It makes no sense.
You haven't seen many pros use these because they literally just launched this line 2 years ago or so while the rest have been around for decades. I own a lot of Milwaukee and I also owner Makita in the past and some DeWalt. Ryobi HP is true pro quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3150 upvotes
Gellar wrote: These are HP but the new fake version of it. They dont have the extra contacts. They’re also compact so small and light weight but not super powerful.
Are you sure?? You are saying this is not the same tool as the ones I'm comparing to? I will call Ryobi on Monday and ask.
I specifically congested torque specs prior to buying and posting and they are identical, by the way. So are you saying the specs are fake?
Last edited by elfion on Dec 11th, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 21, 2013
541 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
What do you guys think of the rigid vs ryobi hammer drill? Rigid has a lifetime warranty and more torque. What about the build quality and longevity?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3150 upvotes
knoxyouout wrote: What do you guys think of the rigid vs ryobi hammer drill? Rigid has a lifetime warranty and more torque. What about the build quality and longevity?
I think it depends on which ecosystem you are interested in. I can tell you I have a Ryobi SDS hammer drill HP and it's freaking amazing, one of my favorite tools ever. But it's SDS.
Sep 16, 2021
15 posts
21 upvotes
I think the impact driver was already 79 when I checked their website a week ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9046 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
elfion wrote: Nope I would argue price error because this cannot be 99 full price as advertised. The tool only is 129 I believe. Very likely an error.

Fine I'll change the title but whoever is downvoting because of that I hope you are getting bad karma
regardless of the price, your title should read

Ryobi HP driver OR impact driver $79

your title sounds like you're getting both tools for $79

(and don't whine about downvotes, it happens. Don't know why you're concerned about them)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1335 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Gellar wrote: These are HP but the new fake version of it. They dont have the extra contacts. They’re also compact so small and light weight but not super powerful.
AFAIK, the "HP" impact drivers don't have the extra contacts because impact drivers don't need/can't take advantage of the extra oomph, while the hammer drills can and do.
trex wrote: The Ridgid hammer drill with battery & charger kit is also on special buy for $ 79.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... ?rrec=true
knoxyouout wrote: What do you guys think of the rigid vs ryobi hammer drill? Rigid has a lifetime warranty and more torque. What about the build quality and longevity?
Note that this is the basic Ridgid model with brushed motors, while HP is the highest end product line from Ryobi. For those who don't know, Ridgid now has three lineups for their new models: basic/brushed, SubCompact, and Brushless, the latter of which replaces the discontinued Octane line.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3150 upvotes
raskal wrote: regardless of the price, your title should read

Ryobi HP driver OR impact driver $79

your title sounds like you're getting both tools for $79

(and don't whine about downvotes, it happens. Don't know why you're concerned about them)
Fixed.

Don't wine about me winning, it happens
Oct 19, 2009
521 posts
529 upvotes
toronto
Ordered one. Looking for a cordless hammer drill from Ryobi to replace my corded one. Hope it can handle the concrete wall of my garage. Going to sell the battery and the charger for cheap since I got another brand new charger and 2 brand new 1.5am battery at home that I am not using.
Last edited by eforblue on Dec 11th, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2012
155 posts
285 upvotes
TERREBONNE
I own both and love them, really compact and powerful enough for diy around the house for the average Joe.. Jump on this deal if you need it Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Mar 21, 2013
541 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
blueangel2323 wrote: Note that this is the basic Ridgid model with brushed motors, while HP is the highest end product line from Ryobi. For those who don't know, Ridgid now has three lineups for their new models: basic/brushed, SubCompact, and Brushless, the latter of which replaces the discontinued Octane line.
Oh! Ok, good to know. Thank you
May 9, 2005
884 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op, looks like a good deal to me, ordered ISPU..
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
2884 posts
1573 upvotes
toronto
Thanks op I picked up one of each. Keep the deals coming everyone! Let's share:)
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2017
1010 posts
941 upvotes
GTA
Pricing so out to lunch:

Tool only: $129
Tool with battery and charge: $79

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)