56 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE Cordless Full Size Glue Gun $19.98

on sale for $19.98, original price was $39.99

if you want extra nozzles , HD has 3pc nozzles for this model, but online only,

RYOBI Glue Gun Accessory Nozzles (3-Piece) $19.49

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001623513
Last edited by supmygig on Aug 29th, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Sep 16, 2017
254 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
got one last year same price. super convenient and useful...
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1546 posts
429 upvotes
Does it heat up only when you pull the trigger?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1968 posts
1176 upvotes
Toronto
Good price, had been $24.98 during Ryobi Days for quite a while.

I imagine they’re clearing these out eventually for the new dual-temperature glue guns that have been announced. That new model does have a small but key feature: a fold-out tray to catch glue drips. I find this current model linked by OP drips quite a bit, although I’m not sure if that’s due to the 4 Ah battery I use in it.
Nov 12, 2014
397 posts
319 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Bought it at this price last year. Still safely sealed in original packaging. RFD effect. Lol!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3618 posts
3889 upvotes
Montreal, QC
tatung wrote: Does it heat up only when you pull the trigger?
No.. Look at the picture on the HD site. You will see an on/off switch just behind the trigger, below the LED.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2017 posts
766 upvotes
Nepean
tatung wrote: Does it heat up only when you pull the trigger?
No, there is an on/off switch.
Wrocky
Oct 18, 2020
310 posts
538 upvotes
Can this take dollar store glue sticks (assuming the correct size) or do you have to buy the expensive glue sticks I'm seeing on the Home Depot website?
Apr 6, 2013
300 posts
291 upvotes
FlazhDealz wrote: Can this take dollar store glue sticks (assuming the correct size) or do you have to buy the expensive glue sticks I'm seeing on the Home Depot website?
If they are the full size ones I don't see why not. The glue may not be as good but it should work.
I bought a pack at HD at the time and haven't gone through it all yet. I'll have to check out the dollar store for more when the time comes.
Sep 16, 2017
254 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
FlazhDealz wrote: Can this take dollar store glue sticks (assuming the correct size) or do you have to buy the expensive glue sticks I'm seeing on the Home Depot website?
Get a good one. Do not get them from dollar store. Personally I tried it and threw them to the garbage.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1196 posts
1277 upvotes
Richmond Hill
best if not only cordless glue gun on the market atm.

I found an old laptop charger and added a generic t connector so that I can use this with any lipo/battery pack and plugged in as well.

Works well, can keep a good amount of glue flowing once it warms up to temp.

I bought at 34 bucks, at 20 I may just pick up a back up.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15103 upvotes
Sephora wrote: Good price, had been $24.98 during Ryobi Days for quite a while.

I imagine they’re clearing these out eventually for the new dual-temperature glue guns that have been announced. That new model does have a small but key feature: a fold-out tray to catch glue drips. I find this current model linked by OP drips quite a bit, although I’m not sure if that’s due to the 4 Ah battery I use in it.
The new one looks nice but yeah it's way more expensive--$65 USD seems insane by comparison. Will probably be like $80 here when it comes out and I don't think those few extra features are worth 4x the price.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1968 posts
1176 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: The new one looks nice but yeah it's way more expensive--$65 USD seems insane by comparison. Will probably be like $80 here when it comes out and I don't think those few extra features are worth 4x the price.
Agreed!

Managed to “price adjust” from $24.98 to $19.98 today. Rep had put it through as a refund and then a new purchase, and was able to look up the old receipt from my CC.
Mar 12, 2012
636 posts
749 upvotes
Belleville
Bought it
Love it
Burned myself, for science! Can confirm it's hot.

I'm a ridgid guy, but love the ryobi variety. I picked up the ryobi grinder during power up (ridgid one has terrible reviews) printed an adapter for my ridgid batteries, and already seeing benefits.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15103 upvotes
Picked one of these up. I noticed they also have a mini glue gun which has a dock and everything--looks nice but $35. I wonder if that one ever goes on sale? I've actually never had a full size glue gun 'cause they seem huge to me and I don't really see the use compared to just having a mini one. But, at $20 there's not too much complaining to do...except maybe this damn Ryobi packaging :mad: They really ought to jail the guys that decided sealing these so aggressively was a good idea. Like there are may ways to make a clamshell that's easier to open than these Ryobi ones! Same deal with the batteries, same deal with the emergency lantern thing, all these tools/accessories that come in these--so frustrating!