Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless Hand Vacuum with Crevice Tool (Tool Only) $29.98

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
2022 posts
3677 upvotes

[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless Hand Vacuum with Crevice Tool (Tool Only) $29.98

Home Depot currently has a 25% off sale on the RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless Hand Vacuum with Crevice Tool (Tool Only) for $29.98 or 25% off it's regular price of $39.98. This model is made for those who are already invested in the RYOBI ONE+ ecosystem and already own one or more charger(s) and one or more ONE+ 18V batteries. The model hand vacuum on sale here (P7131) does not come with a charger or the battery required to run it as, again, it's designed for existing RYOBI ONE+ users. You can find a standalone version here that is not currently on sale if you also need the charger and battery.

"Powerful suction makes it easy to pick-up a varierty of materials and debris on the job site. The dual-filter system and and powerful suction makes capturing debris and dry materials easy with maximum vacuum performance. The featured GRIPZONE optimizes grip and user comfort. This 18V ONE+ Cordless Hand Vacuum offers exceptional convenience with easy-clean dust bowl for quick debris disposal and on board storage for crevice tool."

• New and improved ergonomic design
  • Poweful suction for easy pick-up of a variety of dry materials and debris
  • Dual filter system captures debris and provides maximum vacuum performance
  • Easy-clean dust bowl for quick, no-mess debris disposal
  • Crevice tool with built-in slide brush for hard-to-reach areas
  • Includes: hand vacuum, crevice tool with slide brush, and an operator's manual (Battery and Charger sold separately)

Manual:
https://s7d2.scene7.com/s7viewers/html5 ... _O-pdf.pdf

Last edited by Elrondolio on Nov 5th, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
68 replies
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
585 upvotes
Hmm. Don't know this product but have had good luck with Ryobi in general. Don't see a price history but it is $40+ at the usual competitors. 4.5 star ratings on Home Depot and Amazon sites. Seems good.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2088 posts
788 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I have this vacuum, works great, I use it for the car
Jul 29, 2016
267 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this couple months back. Love the tool. Very handy for small clean up.
Dec 29, 2017
590 posts
508 upvotes
This reminds me of the 90s when everyone had ones with crap batteries. Personally I find the debris intake too small to be productive, much rather use a small shop vac with attachments, or the handheld Ryobi blower then vacuum the floor.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7460 posts
3607 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ODoyleRulz wrote: This reminds me of the 90s when everyone had ones with crap batteries. Personally I find the debris intake too small to be productive, much rather use a small shop vac with attachments, or the handheld Ryobi blower then vacuum the floor.
Actually, this one has strong suction and you can use a big ryobi battery if you want. I use this to clean up fireplace, wood dust, drywall dust with no problem.
It is easy to clean. Highly recommended if you already have a ryobi battery.
You are not suppose to wash the paper filter, but I washed it many times and reuse with no problem.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Oct 28, 2013
186 posts
148 upvotes
Saskatoon
I bought this vac this past summer.
For this price, it's OK. I paid $24 + tax.
Suction is very good and it's easy to clean out.
It's loud....no big deal to me.
The biggest flaw is the filter. It fits loosely into it's pocket and it's made of aome sort of paper ......so both of these allow noticeable dust back into the air when you're using it.
Not a bad deal for this price.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15010 posts
3691 upvotes
JDK111 wrote: I bought this vac this past summer.
For this price, it's OK. I paid $24 + tax.
Suction is very good and it's easy to clean out.
It's loud....no big deal to me.
The biggest flaw is the filter. It fits loosely into it's pocket and it's made of aome sort of paper ......so both of these allow noticeable dust back into the air when you're using it.
Not a bad deal for this price.
thx i will wait for $24 or lower...
currently having the corded one
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 29, 2013
391 posts
466 upvotes
TORONTO
The way we're going with all these Ryobi deals, I'm going to have all 120+ tools in no time at all. Have...... to..... resist......... buying more....
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7460 posts
3607 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kiasu wrote: thx i will wait for $24 or lower...
currently having the corded one
It will be a very long wait to save $5.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4689 posts
4764 upvotes
Vancouver
Seems like a good deal if you already have the Ryobi battery system. I wish Ridgid had a cheap hand vac like this in their 18v line, because then I could use it without worrying about wasting the lifespan of these expensive batteries on a vacuum (free replacement batteries from Ridgid).

I have a similar Shark 12v hand vac, and of course the rechargeable batteries died within 2 years and can't be replaced cost-effectively. I found a workaround though: I have a cheap and compact Anker jump starter for my car which is essentially a 12v 10 amp-hour battery pack, and I have an adapter to connect it to the Shark vac. I just strap it on the bottom of the vac and I have my hand vac back in operation with plenty of battery capacity. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2808 posts
1826 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got it for $20 (sans battery) a few months back. Killer deal, and a great vacuum. Totes recommend.
Dec 28, 2007
514 posts
196 upvotes
Ottawa
Use Ebates to save 1 % ($0.29), even if you plan on picking it up in-store, may as well do store pick-up and get some money-back!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
2022 posts
3677 upvotes
Here's a somewhat rambling review (will want to skip some), but this one takes it apart and shows the filters on the vac since that's been brought up in the thread.

Edit: The following will now start at 3:05 to skip some of the rambling and get to the actual review... run until about 5:30 ish for the main points:
Last edited by Elrondolio on Nov 5th, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
2022 posts
3677 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: How much is the battery
Not on sale you can get one with a charger for around $90 or on sale you can often find them in the $30-50 range:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001160809

However that's usually not the way to buy in to the Ryobi ecosystem (over 120+ different tools that run on the same ONE+18V batteries). If you don't have any Ryobi tools yet you can usually pick up a good combo kit with 5 or so tools and a couple batteries for around $120 to $180 or so on a good sale. Something like this:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001411526
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... Name:RYOBI

Again, you can buy batteries and / or chargers outright in the Ryobi line but its usually best to wait for a sale where they are in a combo or come as a pack-in or included extra during a sale with specific other tools in the ONE+ 18V line of tools.
Last edited by Elrondolio on Nov 5th, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 8, 2015
520 posts
555 upvotes
Kanata
Elrondolio wrote: Here's a long winded and somewhat rambling review (will want to skip some), but this one takes it apart and shows the filters on the vac since that's been brought up in the thread:

can give me the pointers instead of having me watch the 10 min nonsense?

Also can you plug this to the wall instead of having to buy another battery