Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ryobi 18V ONE+ Cordless Stick Vacuum with Battery and Charger - $118.40 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 9:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo

[Home Depot] Ryobi 18V ONE+ Cordless Stick Vacuum with Battery and Charger - $118.40 (YMMV)

This was vacuum was posted at the beginning of June [Home Depot] $198 -- RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless Stick Vacuum with Battery and Charger for $198. I picked one up then.

I found it today in Home Depot Bracebridge (about 7 on stock according to stock track and their system) and they were discounted on the shelf to $148 from the original $248. Stacking the Ryobi days 20% (see other thread) it brought it down to $118.40. One will be going back on the original receipt shortly.

Overall stock is limited at stores but if you can find it they might have them marked down to the $148.

It's no wonder vac but we love it for around the cottage for quick and easy cleaning. The 4AH battery is a nice bonus.
22 replies
Jun 12, 2020
98 posts
136 upvotes
That's a great price for the old model and worth the flaws.

The new one (P7181K) has these improvements:
  • Prefilter screen to extend filter life
  • Slightly stronger motor (70k vs 60krpm)
  • Roller can be turned off
  • Larger roller bar
  • 8x faster charging
I have the new version. It's a good vacuum if you're in the Ryobi ecosystem otherwise you'll like a Dyson more. It's a bit heavy and the roller swivel is too loose to vacuum in a smooth S pattern. Asides from that, it's a pretty good vacuum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo
441278904 wrote: That's a great price for the old model and worth the flaws.

• Larger roller bar
  • 8x faster charging
I have the new version. It's a good vacuum if you're in the Ryobi ecosystem otherwise you'll like a Dyson more. It's a bit heavy and the roller swivel is too loose to vacuum in a smooth S pattern. Asides from that, it's a pretty good vacuum.
I think some of this was discussed in the other thread. The one I picked up has the removable/washable pre-filter.

Beyond that, there is a new model that does offer more but for the price difference there's likely no comparison.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
3990 posts
3205 upvotes
Toronto, ON

• Larger roller bar
  • 8x faster charging
Another improvement is changing the battery location so there's lot less torque on your hand.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1332 posts
840 upvotes
Vancouver
Another problem with the p718k is that the the rollerbrush bar is not removable for cleaning. The revised p7181k has a removable brush.

I picked up the Ryobi to replace my piece of crap Dyson v6. Neither vacuums are perfect but the Ryobi is much cheaper and has a better warranty so it's harder to complain about it.
Jun 4, 2011
251 posts
198 upvotes

• Larger roller bar
  • 8x faster charging
I went and bought the p718k in store for its clearance price of $118(coupon), but I am really not convinced I'll keep it. I used it on just my stairs and upper floor and the roller bar (not removable) was full of pet hair, so much so that I felt it was not effective after dumping the bin and trying to clean the basement. I was hopeful, but if I have to clean the roller bar every time I'm done using it that's a no go when it's not that easy to do.

Not recommended for pet owners, even as a supplemental vacuum (my intention was to use my big ol' Dyson animal ball for the main floor, and have this little guy do stairs and places that it's a pita to haul the Dyson to).

I am a bit curious if the newer head would be compatible with the old stick, but I realized I should probably just buy one of the Shark pet vacuums with the unjammable heads...
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20075 posts
5766 upvotes
Scarberia
1)damn, this comes with 18v one+ 4ah battery that i can use with my drill and impact driver right? one for all fit? tia
2) does it have attachment for car use? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2378 posts
2040 upvotes
Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: 1)damn, this comes with 18v one+ 4ah battery that i can use with my drill and impact driver right? one for all fit? tia
1. Yes.
2. You remove the long tube and it becomes portable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo
mikka2017 wrote: 1)damn, this comes with 18v one+ 4ah battery that i can use with my drill and impact driver right? one for all fit? tia
CaptainCrash wrote: 1. Yes.
2. You remove the long tube and it becomes portable.
Yes, 4AH.

This vacuum donate it's 4AH to my other tools and has been relegated to swapping 1.3AH batteries if absolutely needed. It's evercharge and used in a 700sqft cottage so it works just fine.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2378 posts
2040 upvotes
Ontario
Stranger wrote: Yes, 4AH.

This vacuum donate it's 4AH to my other tools and has been relegated to swapping 1.3AH batteries if absolutely needed. It's evercharge and used in a 700sqft cottage so it works just fine.
Interesting. So the 1.3 ah batteries would likely get me through my 600 sq ft basement? Would feel much lighter without the 4ah on it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1118 posts
813 upvotes
Waterloo
CaptainCrash wrote: Interesting. So the 1.3 ah batteries would likely get me through my 600 sq ft basement? Would feel much lighter without the 4ah on it.
I would say so and that's how we do it. Really depends how long you're running the vacuum.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
1315 posts
247 upvotes
Dunno if that's an improvement in battery location .. changes from a suitcase grip to a pistol grip. For reference a 4ah battery is 1.5lbs. old handle placement forces more of a hold from above
position, definitely works out the forearms.
canoek wrote: Another improvement is changing the battery location so there's lot less torque on your hand.
Oct 27, 2004
360 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
It's $148 online now.... The 718K model.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10146 posts
1397 upvotes
Mississauga
Dead deal since coupon is no more... how does it perform? I might be interested even at 148
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Nov 30, 2007
821 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
hakira wrote: I went and bought the p718k in store for its clearance price of $118(coupon), but I am really not convinced I'll keep it. I used it on just my stairs and upper floor and the roller bar (not removable) was full of pet hair, so much so that I felt it was not effective after dumping the bin and trying to clean the basement. I was hopeful, but if I have to clean the roller bar every time I'm done using it that's a no go when it's not that easy to do.

Not recommended for pet owners, even as a supplemental vacuum (my intention was to use my big ol' Dyson animal ball for the main floor, and have this little guy do stairs and places that it's a pita to haul the Dyson to).

I am a bit curious if the newer head would be compatible with the old stick, but I realized I should probably just buy one of the Shark pet vacuums with the unjammable heads...
Sounds like you’re in the same vote as me.

I like it. It’s nice. But not being able to turn off the beater brush combined with the weight combined with the inability to remove the bar - the negatives just add up. I LOVE being able to take the brush head off and plug it into the main unit, doing the stairs is a dream that way, but it’s not enough. Also I’m an idiot and forgot about the coupon.

Costco has a sale on Miele c3 excellence so I was like screw it, why am I cheaping out, why not just buy one and be done with it that will do my whole house. One vacuum. One price. Sure it’s expensive but I’m also sure my ear holes will thank me. This is not a quiet vacuum.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8952 posts
4861 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
andsoitgoes wrote: Sounds like you’re in the same vote as me.

I like it. It’s nice. But not being able to turn off the beater brush combined with the weight combined with the inability to remove the bar - the negatives just add up. I LOVE being able to take the brush head off and plug it into the main unit, doing the stairs is a dream that way, but it’s not enough. Also I’m an idiot and forgot about the coupon.

Costco has a sale on Miele c3 excellence so I was like screw it, why am I cheaping out, why not just buy one and be done with it that will do my whole house. One vacuum. One price. Sure it’s expensive but I’m also sure my ear holes will thank me. This is not a quiet vacuum.
Are you going to return as well?
Can I buy it off you at cost?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 23, 2017
56 posts
20 upvotes
The P718K on clearance price $99.20 now , for those bought before can bring the receipt for price adjustment , I just did it this morning

18V ONE+ Cordless Stick Vacuum with Battery and Charger

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001110316
I use Petro Canada mobile prepaid $25 every 4 months , data pay when you turn on , just take a look the weather , may only use several cents .