[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE+ Dual Function Cordless Inflator/Deflator $49.77

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 3:40 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13304 posts
3644 upvotes
Scarberia
VanillaPep wrote: How is the quality of Ryobi products? Reliable?
Ya for light home DIYs
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1941 posts
436 upvotes
Lévis
kbear99 wrote: Was originally looking at the gun style Ryobi, then saw this one. Debated btwn the two, and surmised that key diff w/ this bigger and more expensive model is that you don't have to hold it while it inflates, but it's a bit slower to inflate. The high volume inflator is only a minor plus (for me).

Ended up getting this bigger one. I like it overall but am disappointed in a couple of things. First, for setting the target psi, it increments only by 1 whole psi. Pictures are misleading because they show the pressure reading to .5 psi, but that's only for measurement. Further the gauge is inaccurate by about .5 psi. This should be ok as it's normally easy to compensate for that. However, since you can only set the target psi by whole values, you will always be off by .5. Ok, .5 psi is minor but still annoying.

Second, inflation is a bit slower than I was expecting, but not unbearably so. Anyway, the bottom line for me is that I'm glad to have a cordless inflator as it's WAY more convenient than a corded one.

(Note if you're still using a corded 12V inflator, a cheap way to power it using 120V mains is to jerry rig an old computer psu. It's easy to do -- Google for instructions. I prefer this over having to keep the engine running to inflate.)
I suspect the average speed of the high pressure is because you have to manage heat anyway. The hose become hot. This is why, in the manual, it says you need to let it rest for a few minutes after a certain amount of use (15 minutes?) so it can cool down.

I agree with the cons mentionned (loud on high pressure gauge, etc.). My biggest gripe is the french section of the manual. It's bad. Seems like it has been translated using google but like 10-20 years ago when the translation engine was average at best.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4397 posts
1494 upvotes
I bought the Ryobi P731 18V ONE+™ DUAL FUNCTION INFLATOR / DEFLATOR for $47.87+HST in 2019 ... I like it more because the display is on the top and not on the side.

Comparison and Review of Ryobi P747 versus Ryobi P731

Specs:
Ryobi P747 18V ONE+™ DUAL FUNCTION INFLATOR/DEFLATOR (newer version)
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL. Polk Audio S35 - Center. Klipsch R51M - RR+RL & R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL. Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1176 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Bought one from the last sale, used it to check air and top up two cars. It was fairly quick, way better than the one from crappy tire it replaced. Was looking at the Dewalt one, but it was more than double the price. Ended up getting an adapter so I can my Dewalt batteries in the Ryobi.
Mar 23, 2017
225 posts
198 upvotes
I just ordered online in GTA, I've been looking for this on sale for a while.

I have the other gun style inflator/defaltor (low pressure) that I just use for camping (I like to have all my camping stuff packed away and separate from daily use things). I want the high pressure for my car/bikes anyways, no more trips to the gas station.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1585 posts
705 upvotes
Toronto
I have this for 3 months now and it works well.. It's a great Ryobi product.
Nov 19, 2009
654 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Snowcrash01 wrote: I just ordered online in GTA, I've been looking for this on sale for a while.

I have the other gun style inflator/defaltor (low pressure) that I just use for camping (I like to have all my camping stuff packed away and separate from daily use things). I want the high pressure for my car/bikes anyways, no more trips to the gas station.
Thanks! Just ordered. Didnt realize it was finally available in the GTA.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14440 posts
3469 upvotes
bought this during the Ryobi promo..returned the battery and the cost i think only $30..hot deal..it was one of the quick sold out item during that promo..

used many times...car/bike tires, snow tube, swimming pool, ....etc..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 8, 2003
950 posts
115 upvotes
Ontario
Which battery does this use ??? Do I have to buy the charger too? thanks
Oct 17, 2011
47 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
TheZodiac wrote: Which battery does this use ??? Do I have to buy the charger too? thanks
18v battery: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000681583
And yes you would need a charger, this deal is for the tool only. Probably only a good deal if you have other tools in this ‘ecosystem’ - e.g. I have the brad nailer, string trimmer and leaf blower (and now this).
Jan 28, 2017
251 posts
151 upvotes
wrigley wrote: Bought one from the last sale, used it to check air and top up two cars. It was fairly quick, way better than the one from crappy tire it replaced. Was looking at the Dewalt one, but it was more than double the price. Ended up getting an adapter so I can my Dewalt batteries in the Ryobi.
Would you mind posting the linky for the adapter? Would 20V Dewalt work with the adapter for this product? Thx!
Dec 27, 2010
91 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad i have the 20 V leaf blower and trimmer so i cannot use the same battery.
this is a good deal.
Sep 24, 2007
23 posts
4 upvotes
Maple Ridge
Thanks OP...got the last one in CoquitlamSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1176 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Nam5588 wrote: Would you mind posting the linky for the adapter? Would 20V Dewalt work with the adapter for this product? Thx!
Bought it off ebay from this seller, delivery time was faster than advertised.

you.are.you (29595 )
Sep 6, 2016
166 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary
SPARTACVS wrote: I suspect the average speed of the high pressure is because you have to manage heat anyway. The hose become hot. This is why, in the manual, it says you need to let it rest for a few minutes after a certain amount of use (15 minutes?) so it can cool down.

I agree with the cons mentionned (loud on high pressure gauge, etc.). My biggest gripe is the french section of the manual. It's bad. Seems like it has been translated using google but like 10-20 years ago when the translation engine was average at best.
That's right these things can overheat if used too long. However thus far I've only been topping up 1 or 2 psi on my tires, so heat hasn't been an issue. Guess I was expecting a bit too much after using my very decent corded model.
Nov 25, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
is this a one-off or does this deal come around often ?

I want one for the summer for camping and my inflatable SUP, is it better to get one now or wait ?

I will also need to buy batteries as I don't have any Ryobi tools.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13660 posts
7357 upvotes
Southern Ontario
kbear99 wrote: That's right these things can overheat if used too long. However thus far I've only been topping up 1 or 2 psi on my tires, so heat hasn't been an issue. Guess I was expecting a bit too much after using my very decent corded model.
Didn't know that, I have the previous version for about 3y now and never had an issue. Have run it continuously to top up 4 large truck tires before towing, probably 1/2h+
Sep 6, 2016
166 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary
AncasterRFD wrote: Didn't know that, I have the previous version for about 3y now and never had an issue. Have run it continuously to top up 4 large truck tires before towing, probably 1/2h+
1/2h+ is a long time. It may be possible that these Ryobi's dissipate heat better than most. Still though these things have pistons like a gas engine and will have a breaking point if hot enough. For me personally I would let it rest for a bit after 10-15m of continuous operation.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1158 posts
979 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
VanillaPep wrote: How is the quality of Ryobi products? Reliable?
Very decent, better than the pricing would suggest. I'll not try and argue that they're "as good as" Milwaukee, Dewalt or the other upper-tier lines. However, for the average home handyman, with a mix of DIY renos and fix-ups, they are really useful. One advantage to the line is that prices are reasonable enough to justify buying a tool that you might only use a few times.