Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-Tool Starter Kit with (2) Batteries, Charger, and Bag $149

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 8:31 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Tumster wrote: Not to derail the thread but my tire pump is dead, is this a good buy? I have a battery already. Say it is 23% off. Won't need it until spring tire change.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001420717
I've been using the previous version for 2y+ I think, it's my favourite, does tires on vehicles and bikes (set the psi and do something else), pool toys, inflatable kayak etc. And if you reverse the one side, you can also vacuum the air out such as deflating an air mattress completely flat for folding.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5771 posts
7832 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Jerico wrote: A corded 12 or 13 amp circular saw bogged down cutting a 2x4? I assume you were using a blade with no teeth.

BTW, I believe that Mastercraft saw is still made by, or is a knock off of, the Ryobi CSB130. In either case, it has a cheaper motor.
I'm unsure about the spec on both saws. It bogged down probably dude to carelessness from multiple users.

Personally. I like to buy things ONCE. If you guys wanna try a product out. Go for it. I'm just sharing my experience.

Something to note is. I am Milwaukee Bias
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8363 posts
8911 upvotes
looks like most store OOS or limited.. which means YMMV if they have stock...
Dec 1, 2007
122 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote: From Milwaukee to Ryobi. I think your gonna regret it. I've seen people do the switch and they end up spending more $$$

That Vaccumn seems like it's very weak. I've used a corded Ryobi Circ Saw and it bogged down cutting 2x4. Eventually my boss bought Mastercraft Saw and it was heavier. It chewed thru wood No problem.
That Ryobi light is a spot ligjt. It won't be very bright.

Seems like you're convinced you wanna switch. So yes this is a heck of a price for all those tools.

I think you will regret the switch on brands.

Oh and this set comes with (2) 1.5 batteries. Your definitely gonna need to get more battery to power that Circ Saw. So that's more $ on top of this
100% agree on this. A neighbour has Ryobi tools and he doesn’t like the Ryobi’s at all since it does seem to operate “weaker” (his words). Although this is the One+ line, so it may be better??

If you already have a combo set of Milwaukees, I’d stick with that line since you already have the batteries which you can use on other Milwaukee power tools as you buy em. Do you have the M18 line?
May 23, 2020
150 posts
101 upvotes
Don't forget sign up email newsletter to get $10 off if buying in store.
May 11, 2014
678 posts
411 upvotes
BC
Seems like more quantity than quality set. No recip saw like some Ryobi combos. No 4ah battery, it's an alright deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4506 posts
2548 upvotes
Thornhill
Tumster wrote: Not to derail the thread but my tire pump is dead, is this a good buy? I have a battery already. Say it is 23% off. Won't need it until spring tire change.
Yes, this is the newer second generation tire inflator, and it works better than the 1st gen.
It is more accurate when pumping to the set PSI, and tire hose now uses a screw on connector.
The only downside is the display is now at the side instead of the easier to read top location. But you can lie it down on its back during operation to make the display easier to read.

Go ahead and buy it. It is one of the best Ryobi tools.
And this is one of the advantage of Ryobi tools, it is inexpensive and works well (Milwaukee one costs double the price, maybe marginally faster, but only has high pressure inflator, there is no high volume inflator.)
It also has some unique tools that no other system has such as the glue gun.
Dec 10, 2012
155 posts
285 upvotes
TERREBONNE
Huu wrote: This is a good deal considering it was $199.

If purchased each item (including 2x 1.5ah and the drill) would be roughly $300 (over priced). Yes the flashlight, circ saw (5 inch), and vac not that great but I think it is a great starter kit.
My plan is to sell some of my old Ryobi tools on kijiji (from a previous combo deal) and keep the sander and batterys.Grinning Face With Smiling EyesWinking Face
Feb 2, 2011
480 posts
316 upvotes
New Westminster
nosnoop wrote: Yes, this is the newer second generation tire inflator, and it works better than the 1st gen.
It is more accurate when pumping to the set PSI, and tire hose now uses a screw on connector.
The only downside is the display is now at the side instead of the easier to read top location. But you can lie it down on its back during operation to make the display easier to read.

And this is one of the advantage of Ryobi tools, it is inexpensive and works well (Milwaukee one costs double the price, maybe marginally faster, but only has high pressure inflator, there is no high volume inflator.)
. Absolutely, I bought one during the late summer Ryobi days buy tool $65 get 2amp battery for free.
Dec 10, 2012
155 posts
285 upvotes
TERREBONNE
MichaelL79554 wrote: Just picked this up at home Depot in Richmond. It was still displayed at full price, when I brought it to check out it was $149.

I've been eyeing some Ryobi stuff for a while I've really enjoyed using the drill for small projects. had a $100 gift card for Christmas so absolutely could not go wrong with this and picked up a leaf blower as well for $98 down from $148.
Not a professional combo for sure but I am happy in that echo system so far for light use, never had any problems with those tools for casual work around the house Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1142 posts
288 upvotes
Markham
steven80 wrote: I think you're doing it wrong...
I second that
I had the 5.5 blue and now 5.5 green
No issues ripping 2x4 or ply

Rule of thumb for ryobi power tools
4ah or higher for proper power

No doubt it may bog down with a 1.3 or 1.5 or 2 Ah batt
Make sure u get a 4ah or bigger and no issues cutting ply or 2x4's
Sandviper
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
1.5ahbattery is weak! Instant buy if 4.0ah
I need that flashlight and vac tho! Who’s in Scarborough selling those?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia

Buy two plus filler item and use instore 10off 100 newsletter code then return 1
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 10, 2012
155 posts
285 upvotes
TERREBONNE
mikka2017 wrote: Buy two plus filler item and use instore 10off 100 newsletter code then return 1
Thanks for the tip! Are you sure the 10$ off will remain after the refund? I will definitely try this Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
nosnoop wrote: Yes, this is the newer second generation tire inflator, and it works better than the 1st gen.

When you discover adapters for different brands, the sky is limit, you take the best of both world.

My main brand is Ridgid (lifetime warranty on batteries and tools) and I got adapters for my Makita mower, my M18 miter saw, my Dewalt heatgun, etc.

Works #1 for years
<no self promotion>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
lafleche1 wrote: Thanks for the tip! Are you sure the 10$ off will remain after the refund? I will definitely try this Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
i think if u return one u only save 5$, its prorated for each item in your cart
Sep 18, 2019
226 posts
310 upvotes
very good deal for this ryobi starter kit!

lots of value in $150, i use ryobi myself and could not be happier

looks like its already out of stock for online order :(
Sep 4, 2014
722 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lafleche1 wrote: Great price for a Starter kit Smiling Face With Open Mouth
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001558821
Includes:
(1) drill/driver,
(1) hand vacuum,
(1) circular saw,
(1) random orbit sander,
(1) work light,
(2) 1.5 Ah batteries,
(1) 18V charger,
a bag, accessories,
I got so many of these kits back when they were on clearance ~4 years ago for 50$-60$ per SET <3 use all the tools daily ! love them!
Last edited by jojothejoker on Jan 1st, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1327 posts
993 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Of the nine Ryobi tools have used over the last 5 to 6 years, I use the impact driver the most, which is not included with this particular set. The Ryobi impact driver seems pretty tough to me, and strong, I can drive 3 inch screws into wood, which can hold things together in ways that my father' generation would only have dreamed of. Hammers and nails are a thing of the past for many jobs now, and the great thing about using screws is that you can as easily remove them as you drive them in.

I'm pretty sure that that drill could not do that, as it doesn't have the banging action needed.

Ryobi/HD do have sets that go on sale which include an impact driver.
Dec 10, 2012
155 posts
285 upvotes
TERREBONNE
jojothejoker wrote: I got so many of these kits back when they were on clearance ~4 years ago for 50$-60$ per SET <# use all the tools daily ! love them!
Thats an amazing price Smiling Face With Sunglasses