Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) Batteries - $98

[OP]
Sep 23, 2006
458 posts
486 upvotes

[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) Batteries - $98

Havent seen this posted. Home Depot has Spring Black Friday going on, and they have the ever popular RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) Batteries on sale for $98

Includes Drill/Driver, Impact Driver, (2) P102 Compact Lithium-Ion Batteries, Charger and Carrying Bag

31 replies
Jan 28, 2006
112 posts
29 upvotes
yeah this was a good deal but i picked up the Milwaukee m12 drill/impact driver for $170 instead. 3 batteries total with bag.
Oct 30, 2012
147 posts
72 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
It looks like they are clearing out this set to make room for the same tools only Brushless. Up until this sale both sets were $168.00, now this set is $98.00 and the Brushless set is still $168. Save $70 but are these tools obsolete?
cvrle1 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:14 am
Havent seen this posted. Home Depot has Spring Black Friday going on, and they have the ever popular RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) Batteries on sale for $98

Includes Drill/Driver, Impact Driver, (2) P102 Compact Lithium-Ion Batteries, Charger and Carrying Bag

Oct 10, 2018
2 posts
sarnia
I picked this kit up around one of the cheaper holidays last year for around this price. So far not too bad for around the housers. The impact isn't that great for my needs, but not looking to sell it off. I'm waiting for the 1/4" version to go on sale, and I haven't seen it ever go.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1596 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 9:29 am
if you can find it, this brushless kit @HD for $14 more is a better deal

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-dep ... #p30764840
For the regular not too handy person, would the brushless tools be any better? Do you think a not too handy person would notice a difference? Thanks.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2745 posts
1071 upvotes
Toronto
ds2chan wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 9:41 am
For the regular not too handy person, would the brushless tools be any better? Do you think a not too handy person would notice a difference? Thanks.
for the 'regular not too handy person', no.

but for a marginal increase in price, it's the better long-term investment:

https://cordlessdrillzone.com/drill-war ... hed-motor/
Dec 9, 2003
293 posts
105 upvotes
I think this set was 89 on black friday but good value for the price
Aug 1, 2018
59 posts
54 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I can confirm I bought this set for $88 some time around last spring, but I think this is the lowest I've seen it since. I've also noticed them put sales on multiple times now where they're selling the Ryobi tool sets which include these for prices that essentially make these 2 drills/drivers around this price if you factor in the costs of the other tools. Or they'll have a 'Buy this drill / driver kit for $170 and get 1 of these $70 tools free' which again makes it around this price. Definitely a good time to pick it up if have use for it
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6686 posts
1249 upvotes
Mont-Royal
milwaukee, bosch, better brands than ryobi. Even dewalkt is slightly better?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Dec 12, 2018
33 posts
51 upvotes
If anyone has Ryobi tools already and wants just the drill/driver, I’d split this because I need battery/charger
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1596 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
L4cky wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 1:56 pm
milwaukee, bosch, better brands than ryobi. Even dewalkt is slightly better?
I don't know if you're telling us or asking us which are better.

I'm no contractor and am far from knowledgeable but I always thought that Dewalt and Makita were 2 of the top brands. I'm sure people can argue about Bosch and some other brands too. Ryobi always seemed like tools for people who don't use them too often and are not contractors. Just DIY people who do the odd stuff at home. Ryobi seemed reliable enough for me and I only use the tools once in a while. I'm sure there are a ton of other people in my shoes and are perfectly happy with Ryobi. Also, I bought their leaf blower and grass trimmer a while ago which use the same batteries so that was a bonus.

Nov 24, 2009
67 posts
27 upvotes
GTA
I bought this set about 2 years ago on sale for around this price. I am no pro, just a handy homeowner. I use the drill regularly for screws and for drilling. Battery is always ready to go and the fact you get 2 with the charger means never having to find 2 dead batteries (hopefully). As for the impact driver, I have used to build my deck and to set tapcon screws in concrete. Worked like a charm in each case. If you are in the market for something like this go for it.
Feb 12, 2017
92 posts
53 upvotes
ds2chan wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:40 pm
I don't know if you're telling us or asking us which are better.

I'm no contractor and am far from knowledgeable but I always thought that Dewalt and Makita were 2 of the top brands. I'm sure people can argue about Bosch and some other brands too. Ryobi always seemed like tools for people who don't use them too often and are not contractors. Just DIY people who do the odd stuff at home. Ryobi seemed reliable enough for me and I only use the tools once in a while. I'm sure there are a ton of other people in my shoes and are perfectly happy with Ryobi. Also, I bought their leaf blower and grass trimmer a while ago which use the same batteries so that was a bonus.

Dewalt and Makita for professionals are you serious?

no serious professionals will use these two brands, they can't even beat Milwaukee tools which a lot of
semi-pro uses.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1596 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
althegreat wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:23 pm
Dewalt and Makita for professionals are you serious?

no serious professionals will use these two brands, they can't even beat Milwaukee tools which a lot of semi-pro uses.
I always see contractors using them in real life and on TV. That's why I said people can argue about other brands too. Everybody has their preference and opinions. It's always going to be heated debate. I don't think there's any one perfect brand so people are probably just going to buy into an ecosystem.

I personally don't have any experience with Dewalt or Makita so I can't comment on them. Maybe it's all just good marketing on their end?