• Aug 9th, 2022 6:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2307 posts
1897 upvotes
Surrey

[Home Depot] RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Portable Power Source $29.98

Not sure if this is necessarily a hot deal as it seems to be homedepot's regular price but cheaper than amazons $66. But for me (and anyone else who has ryobi batteries) it seems like a no brainer. Turn your Ryobi batteries into power banks with a way higher capacity than regular power banks. Plus the ryobi batteries charge way faster than the many hours it takes for regular power banks. Fairly inexpensive too. Any ways, that's my 2 cents. I ordered and have one arriving today. Don't seem to be in store but shipping is free. Using this with the 4ah battery is supposed to charge your phone 6-8 times
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 9th, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
16 replies
Dec 5, 2018
37 posts
43 upvotes
How does this thing weigh 0.28lbs?... Does it not include a battery...?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2582 posts
1272 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Interesting, I have so many Ryobi batteries
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1430 posts
40 upvotes
I think I bought this for $10 during the regular sales they have at Direct Tools Outlet in Vaughan.
May 3, 2022
190 posts
331 upvotes
ericedg wrote: How does this thing weigh 0.28lbs?... Does it not include a battery...?
That's just the adaptor that goes on any Ryobi 18v battery.
Jun 29, 2020
61 posts
45 upvotes
IMO, in Canada, the car is the replacement for all portable power source. You can charge and warm yourself in winter, and charge and cool yourself in summer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
6332 posts
593 upvotes
Murica
The HD site says port 1 is 1A and port 2 is 2A
This might matter to some. With new phones 2A is the slowest you want these days
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2013 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
An Anker USB C PD battery pack for the same price just seems much more practical and portable.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2520 posts
2727 upvotes
dassub wrote: An Anker USB C PD battery pack for the same price just seems much more practical and portable.
Perfect for contractors when on a job site. Obviously not aimed for an office environment.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8807 posts
4697 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Basically this is just a 20V to 5V converter.
A proper power bank would be better at least with regards for fast charge protocol.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1682 posts
457 upvotes
Returned mine. Charging was slow and there is no light to indicate if the device is on. Nice and compact though.

Bought this one instead for a few bucks more. Can provide power from a battery or your 12V accessory socket. Has two USB-A ports plus a 1A AC outlet to power a laptop or fast charger.
Jul 31, 2021
128 posts
297 upvotes
I have a couple of marine deep-cycle batteries lying around the garage for my trolling motor. I got a cheap inverter from ebay that you just connect to the battery with either a cigarette lighter or crocodile clips and viola. Thats about 80Ah of juice from each battery (though you're supposed to only discharge them to half), plenty of power to charge your phone, plug in your router if you need internet and run other small items (<60W).

The batteries are bulky so it's not the most portable solution, but in case of an emergency it works great and didn't cost me much at all as I could re-use items that I already had at home (except for the inverter).
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4084 posts
2099 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Ryobi has several different options available if you require a USB port. First unit that I purchased that has a port was the stereo radio. Supercharger has one also.

Picked up the inverter next (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001489458) which does more.

Saw this 2-port unit - good if you're looking for ports only. Would have purchased but already have enough ports. Don't actually use the ports much but nice to have, just in case Winking Face.

Thanks OP!
I can't afford to save that much!