• Nov 3rd, 2020 9:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2075 posts
1452 upvotes
Hamilton

[Home Depot] Ryobi 18v Trimmer/Blower Combo

Definitely an entry level set. But for those with a townhouse or small property this is a good deal. Battery won't go far so if you're already invested with a drill driver or what not it's a good deal. .

Stock showing limited quantity at many stores. Confirmed 2 at Ancaster.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20560 posts
7694 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Good price, battery is decent for an average sized city property
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
May 29, 2017
741 posts
440 upvotes
Canada
Sold out :(, I bought a a combo earlier this year, it’s a similar one and the blower stopped working few days ago. Ryobi warranty is a pain in the ass to deal with because they need you to drop the equipment to a “authorized service center” in my area they seem to have limited hours due to pandemic.

Also some centers may charge a “diagnostic fee” which will only be reimbursed if they discover it’s covered by warranty (like what ever happened to it)

I am super disappointed with the process, Ryobi makes it hard to get service.

As for my blower. It cut out while I was cleaning the sidewalk after mowing the lawn, battery is still charged and works fine on the trimmer.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? Read all my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST
Aug 16, 2010
492 posts
209 upvotes
Langley, BC
I called abbotsford home depot. As soon as i mentioned "Limited Quantity" the CSR said that that means they do not have any without checking.
I then called the Langley store and they checked and confirmed that they did not have any. they also said it was not good because it only has a 2AH battery.
maybe Ryobi is thinking once someone gets the tool and likes it, they will be willing to pay a high price for a larger battery.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20560 posts
7694 upvotes
Socially Distanced
fred koenig wrote: I called abbotsford home depot. As soon as i mentioned "Limited Quantity" the CSR said that that means they do not have any without checking.
I then called the Langley store and they checked and confirmed that they did not have any. they also said it was not good because it only has a 2AH battery.
maybe Ryobi is thinking once someone gets the tool and likes it, they will be willing to pay a high price for a larger battery.
I have the 1.3Ah battery, it does my property. 2Ah is 50% more.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1461 posts
871 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this combo 2 years ago , sold the trimmer, battery and charger for $50 to another rfder.

I have a 4ah battery and it blows quite well. It blow dry leaves, dry grass, garage debris pretty good. It will struggle on wet grass and wet leaves. But, For the price, it's not bad.

I also try blow out all the water out from the creases, side mirrors, spoilers after a carwash.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1328 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
is this blow good enough to blow water away effectively from wet cars?
Oct 31, 2010
397 posts
769 upvotes
Montreal
I called a few stores in the Montreal region and asked them to cross check stock level in the other stores. There are none in stock despite what the website says.

Upvoted anyways.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
21554 posts
3457 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Damn, sold out in Niagara. Just wanted the cheap blower. Would have sold the timmer on kijiji. Too bad. Oh well.
Nov 23, 2004
857 posts
1514 upvotes
Ontario
For being a cheap trimmer, it gets the job done quite well I'd say. I reach for this trimmer far more often than I use my expensive gas trimmer during the last couple summers now!
Sep 18, 2019
207 posts
280 upvotes
this is so goooood if anyone be able to get it Face Screaming In Fear
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
21554 posts
3457 upvotes
Niagara Falls
mindabsence wrote: For being a cheap trimmer, it gets the job done quite well I'd say. I reach for this trimmer far more often than I use my expensive gas trimmer during the last couple summers now!
Myabe I had an older version or just weaker batteries but I had a similar Ryobi trimmer. It did do the job, but found it rather under-powered. Kind of expected, but when I'd help cut my friends lawn, it just didn't have the power i needed. That being said, being able to use one hand if necessary, walk around in flip flops without concern, not worry about gassing it up, the fumes or giving a crap about winter storage was nice.