When will the Ryobi sale end?
Jan 31, 2011
737 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
Instron4204 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 9:18 am
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ego-56 ... 1001238830

Saw this sale for the EGO. Is this a good price?
Thanks.
This is the steel deck 20" model that became available in Canada this year ( introduced last year in US). The motor is brushless as opposed to the plastic deck 21" EGO mower (LM2100 and LM2102SP). I.e. should be more power than the previous model. Besides, it offers wider range of height adjustment and better mulching performance. It was introduced at $1300 back in Feb, same as the dual battery 21" brushless mower LM2142SP. I know the 2142SP brushless motor is rated at 1200W but not sure about the 2022SP, while older brushed motor is 700W/1000W (LM2100/LM2102SP).
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1373 posts
150 upvotes
Lévis
tvisforme wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:00 pm
I'm trying to be open-minded, but I'll admit that I fail to see the attraction of a cordless electric mower. Yes, I get that you're not having to manipulate the cord around the yard. That being said, there seem to be a lot of trade-offs - battery life, charging time, battery replacement etc - that a corded electric doesn't have.
Personally, I recommand a good corder lawn mower if you can. And learn to roll a cable properly or buy a tool so, over time, the wires won't twist inside the external rubber. If not, then go cordless or gas, depending of your situation.
I went with a corded for my new house. Knew the drill because that is what I was using when I was young. But two things made me go change to cordless (not counting a deal on a second hand one):
1) the lack of being able to switch the handle so you don't have to flip the whole lawn mower. That way you always keep the wire on the good side.
2) not very well suited for my terrain.

Tip if you have tall grass: put the lawn mower very high and rush the run. Then lower it and rush it a second time. What you haven't cut on the first run will be on the second run. Sure you do it two times but because you rush both runs, it won't be much longer than a single normal run. Make sure to really rush.
Pourquoi pas?