[Home Depot] RYOBI 4-Tool Combo with FREE Multi Tool $199

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 8:41 am
[OP]
Sep 18, 2019
34 posts
74 upvotes

[Home Depot] RYOBI 4-Tool Combo with FREE Multi Tool $199

So I looked at the Home Depot flyers and it's said this 4-Tool Combo with free Multi Tool is gonna be $248, which for me is a pretty good deal.

But with $199 value, it's an insane deal IMO.

Honestly if I don't have all the 4 tools with me, this is an instant buy for me. This is a good relief after they take out the 20% coupon shenanigan they did recently :(

Multi Tool link: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1000724993

113 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7841 posts
2632 upvotes
Mississauga
That's just great. Now I don't know whether to return the my previous purchase and get this or not. I had picked up:
- P1814 kit for $88 + tax (has the 4amp battery)
- JobPlus for $129 - 20% + tax
Total: $216.06

Looks like there is also a JobPlus promo that comes with free starter kit. Making it basically $129 + tax for a JobPlus "combo kit" with a 2ah battery and charger.

EDIT:
Looks like a bunch of standalone tools come with the free starter kit (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001160809)
- 5-inch orbit sander
- 6.5-inch circular saw
- orbital jig saw
- reciprocating saw
- 1/2-inch impact wrench
- hybrid stereo
- hammer drill/driver
- speed saw rotary cutter
- 1/4-inch hex impact driver
- 4-position ratchet
- brad nailer
- portable band saw
- hybrid floor dryer
- dual function inflator/deflator

Some of these work out to way better than 20% off, especially if you can do the proportional return value back.

Nevermind. @SquadG already made a post on this: home-depot-free-ryobi-2ah-starter-kit-t ... d-2393015/
Last edited by kenchau on Jul 30th, 2020 9:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Jul 1, 2013
36 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
What would happen if you buy and return just the 4 tool kit? Do they give full return value?
Oct 22, 2006
601 posts
246 upvotes
jimamber wrote: What would happen if you buy and return just the 4 tool kit? Do they give full return value?
I am sure they would want the free tool back. Amazed this question comes up everytime lol.
Oct 22, 2006
601 posts
246 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ?rrec=true

how is this in comparison? multi-tool is the main factor?
Don't think you can find stock anywhere. That kit is obsolete now and has been posted many times, but no stock.

Edit: Looks like you can checkout. Smaller Batteries 1.3aH, but circular saw. Depends what your needs are i guess.
Last edited by warhawk on Jul 30th, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10107 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
warhawk wrote: Don't think you can find stock anywhere. That kit is obsolete now and has been posted many times, but no stock.

let's you add to cart.... guess you can't check out lol
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Jun 4, 2011
180 posts
70 upvotes
kenchau wrote: ...

Some of these work out to way better than 20% off, especially if you can do the proportional return value back.
What would the return value be on the battery kit if you wanted something like the brad nailer @$150? I'm assuming it has to cost more than the battery kit itself in the first place (ie you can't pick up the inflator for negative $). Haven't done returns on free stuff before.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7841 posts
2632 upvotes
Mississauga
hakira wrote: What would the return value be on the battery kit if you wanted something like the brad nailer @$150? I'm assuming it has to cost more than the battery kit itself in the first place (ie you can't pick up the inflator for negative $). Haven't done returns on free stuff before.
Seems there's already a thread specifically on the free starter kit deals: home-depot-free-ryobi-2ah-starter-kit-t ... d-2393015/

OP calculated out the proportional return values.

But I'm saying what-if HD fixed/changed it so that you can't do the proportional returns anymore. That would suck.
Aug 30, 2017
150 posts
173 upvotes
Just out of curiosity: does anyone actually find that light useful? I've got one with a 6-tool combo a few years ago, and am still to use it even once. Unlike, say, the folding light bar and the dual-source work light, both of which I'm using extensively.
Jun 9, 2019
308 posts
403 upvotes
If you add both the OP combo kit and the multi-tool to your cart separately, the starter battery pack should duplicate. Just a glitch for anyone that's interested...
Jul 15, 2003
656 posts
176 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Thanks OP!

I purchased the drill/impact kit when it was $128 earlier. This price makes it a no brainer (bigger second battery, light, saw, and multi-tool) for $71.
Jul 17, 2007
415 posts
595 upvotes
Montreal
alexttp wrote: Just out of curiosity: does anyone actually find that light useful? I've got one with a 6-tool combo a few years ago, and am still to use it even once. Unlike, say, the folding light bar and the dual-source work light, both of which I'm using extensively.
It's so useless... I had one in my kit also and never turned it on
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
[OP]
Sep 18, 2019
34 posts
74 upvotes
kenchau wrote: That's just great. Now I don't know whether to return the my previous purchase and get this or not. I had picked up:
- P1814 kit for $88 + tax (has the 4amp battery)
- JobPlus for $129 - 20% + tax
Total: $216.06

Looks like there is also a JobPlus promo that comes with free starter kit. Making it basically $129 + tax for a JobPlus "combo kit" with a 2ah battery and charger.

EDIT:
Looks like a bunch of standalone tools come with the free starter kit (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001160809)
- 5-inch orbit sander
- 6.5-inch circular saw
- orbital jig saw
- reciprocating saw
- 1/2-inch impact wrench
- hybrid stereo
- hammer drill/driver
- speed saw rotary cutter
- 1/4-inch hex impact driver
- 4-position ratchet
- brad nailer
- portable band saw
- hybrid floor dryer
- dual function inflator/deflator

Nevermind. @SquadG already made a post on this: home-depot-free-ryobi-2ah-starter-kit-t ... d-2393015/
I would try to get this $199 4 tool combo with multi tool honestly.

the 4 tool combo itself comes with 1x 4Ah and 1x 1.5Ah, so you actually get a free 1.5Ah battery; and 3 more tools too that you might need in the future.
[OP]
Sep 18, 2019
34 posts
74 upvotes
Dymis wrote: Thanks OP!

I purchased the drill/impact kit when it was $128 earlier. This price makes it a no brainer (bigger second battery, light, saw, and multi-tool) for $71.
I totally agree. even right now you don't need the saw and multi tool, the fact we have the tool right now will open up a lot more possibilities in the future.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 3 guests)

henryd, KenjiYo, sabesh00, gurlcrazeeh, jaisan