Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

RYOBI 4-Tool Combo with FREE Multi Tool $199

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2020 9:08 pm
Apr 6, 2013
310 posts
482 upvotes
uman wrote: Do we know what the return value of the multi-tool is?
Would be $78.27 with the 4 tool kit at $199.
129/328 = 0.393293 * 199 = $78.27
Apr 6, 2003
447 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
grahamj89 wrote: Would be $78.27 with the 4 tool kit at $199.
129/328 = 0.393293 * 199 = $78.27
Thank you. I didn't realize that the return value is based on actual calculation rather than some predetermined value.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17330 posts
4723 upvotes
100OceanSpray wrote:
No, but if it is the exact combo then you could buy it again and return the unopened combo with the old receipt.
quetzpro wrote: i personally don't know about that, sorry, maybe anyone can help?

yes for sure, it's better to buy the combo first and return the new product with old receipt after, so you don't have to carry the old product around.
actually it was like 2 weeks ago...no..that combo was a clearance item..so I don't think they have any more stock
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Oct 4, 2011
86 posts
51 upvotes
Now I'm on the fence, is this combo better than the ridgid combo with free tool for 249 a couple weeks back? The ridgid combo is brushless, i dont believe this one is. Any advice, which one should i should keep?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3152 posts
6430 upvotes
wiggum083 wrote: Now I'm on the fence, is this combo better than the ridgid combo with free tool for 249 a couple weeks back? The ridgid combo is brushless, i dont believe this one is. Any advice, which one should i should keep?
Also wondering this about the deal from yesterday, not a tool person but I figure it's always good to have.
Apr 6, 2013
310 posts
482 upvotes
There might be a similar glitch to yesterday's Ridgid deal with double stacking. This would have to work in store to be worth it, but getting the combo kit, multi tool, and another multi tool gets you two free battery starter kits.

If this works in store, return values would be:
Kit - $102.47
Multi tool - $66.43
Multi tool - $66.43
Battery - $46.33
Battery - $46.33

This seems to work online, but you can't do partial returns for online orders. Probably unlikely to actually work in store.

This would be useful to get another battery and charger for yourself and a multi tool, battery, and charger to sell or give as a gift?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Oct 25, 2008
431 posts
304 upvotes
if I buy this kit and get the free multitool, do I also get the free starter kit for getting the multi-tool?
[OP]
Sep 18, 2019
208 posts
282 upvotes
jcss wrote: if I buy this kit and get the free multitool, do I also get the free starter kit for getting the multi-tool?
i think there was a glitch yesterday, but i tried just now and it doesnt work anymore

maybe i did it wrong i really dont know
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20459 posts
5844 upvotes
Scarberia
Too bad 20off code is long dead... No Impact wrench tho
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 18, 2019
120 posts
98 upvotes
quetzpro wrote: i think there was a glitch yesterday, but i tried just now and it doesnt work anymore

maybe i did it wrong i really dont know
I think you can make it work with putting an extra multi tool in your cart (it automatically adds an other battery). Then you could just return that extra multi tool.

See image attached
Images
  • Sans titre.png
[OP]
Sep 18, 2019
208 posts
282 upvotes
MarcALeB wrote: I think you can make it work with putting an extra multi tool in your cart (it automatically adds an other battery). Then you could just return that extra multi tool.

See image attached
i see, im sure i did something wrong then

on my screen, it was only 1 starter kit, not two like yours
Mar 23, 2017
440 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
alexttp wrote: Just out of curiosity: does anyone actually find that light useful? I've got one with a 6-tool combo a few years ago, and am still to use it even once. Unlike, say, the folding light bar and the dual-source work light, both of which I'm using extensively.
It's my only work light and I use it all the time, it's an also great for camping.

The folding light bar and dual source light are definitely better tools though.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20459 posts
5844 upvotes
Scarberia
this dosn't include the more powerful 4ah batteries? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 22, 2006
666 posts
293 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: this dosn't include the more powerful 4ah batteries? tia
One of the batteries is 4ah.
Aug 31, 2008
673 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
i am not into refunding, and like to just buy and keep.
as an outright discount, is this close to lowest it has been?
i think lifetime warranty brands are better but at a premium. better to wait on sale on them? or is Ryobi quality good enough?
for an usual homeowner is brushless worth the premium?
this seems a good kit to have if you dont have any pieces of it.
thanks folks for good deals and discussion as always (:
Oct 22, 2006
666 posts
293 upvotes
Wonder if it's worth looking at the 6-Tool Kit as you get a saw and a mitre saw for another $129.
Oct 22, 2006
666 posts
293 upvotes
funinagg wrote: this 4-pack has a saw. so only circular saw for $129 more? sure saw can be had for cheaper?
The 4-pack has the Sawzall. The 6-pack come with a circular saw and mitre saw. So two tools for $129 + Tax.
Aug 31, 2008
673 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
whats a sawzall? i am new to this (:
got it, 6-pack comes with free saw, so yes, 2 more saws for $129 more.
i dont think i need the compound saw though circular maybe more useful than reciprocating. or perhaps all three have different use cases. hope i can grab the circular in some other sale.
would have been nice to just lend or borrow from neighbors. i am sure we all have too much that is rarely used.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2660 posts
2650 upvotes
Toronto
wiggum083 wrote: Now I'm on the fence, is this combo better than the ridgid combo with free tool for 249 a couple weeks back? The ridgid combo is brushless, i dont believe this one is. Any advice, which one should i should keep?
kimwoobingsu wrote: Also wondering this about the deal from yesterday, not a tool person but I figure it's always good to have.
as a very casual DIYer, I kinda regret a bit going with DeWalt Brushless (and I would for Ridgid as well) - not that those tools are bad by any means, they're (probably considerably) better than Ryobi's no doubt, but every other tool you decide to buy will cost you a lot more. Extra batteries? a lot more. Tire inflator? A lot more ...With Ryobi, you can make a decent kit - this set + multitool, then one of those with starter pack) you already have like 6 tools, 3 batteries; for the $250ish (considering the cheapest option there, the tire inflator)

but again, very casual...
Jun 4, 2011
263 posts
215 upvotes
funinagg wrote: whats a sawzall? i am new to this (:
got it, 6-pack comes with free saw, so yes, 2 more saws for $129 more.
Recip saw, the one that goes back and forth really fast. It's really good for cutting small trees/branches, demo'ing stuff (took one to an old couch and it made quick work of tossing it) etc.

You really want the multi-tool so no returning that, so it's down to should you buy the 6 pack and return the mitre saw for $ (or keep it I guess) vs the 4+1 pack. Returning the mitre saw would get you roughly $100 back so if you went that route it's cheaper, BUT you have to be lucky enough to find a 6 pack in store since you can't do partial returns of online orders. Also the circ saw in the 6 pack is of questionable use - I have it (bought the 6 during the 20% coupon) and I think the most you can expect from it is cutting 2x4's, barely.