Hot Deals

[Home Depot] RYOBI 4-Tool Combo with FREE Multi Tool $199

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 10:14 am
[OP]
Sep 18, 2019
34 posts
74 upvotes
MarcALeB wrote: I think you can make it work with putting an extra multi tool in your cart (it automatically adds an other battery). Then you could just return that extra multi tool.

See image attached
i see, im sure i did something wrong then

on my screen, it was only 1 starter kit, not two like yours
Mar 23, 2017
168 posts
117 upvotes
alexttp wrote: Just out of curiosity: does anyone actually find that light useful? I've got one with a 6-tool combo a few years ago, and am still to use it even once. Unlike, say, the folding light bar and the dual-source work light, both of which I'm using extensively.
It's my only work light and I use it all the time, it's an also great for camping.

The folding light bar and dual source light are definitely better tools though.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11301 posts
2950 upvotes
Scarberia
this dosn't include the more powerful 4ah batteries? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 22, 2006
601 posts
246 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: this dosn't include the more powerful 4ah batteries? tia
One of the batteries is 4ah.
Aug 31, 2008
571 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
i am not into refunding, and like to just buy and keep.
as an outright discount, is this close to lowest it has been?
i think lifetime warranty brands are better but at a premium. better to wait on sale on them? or is Ryobi quality good enough?
for an usual homeowner is brushless worth the premium?
this seems a good kit to have if you dont have any pieces of it.
thanks folks for good deals and discussion as always (:
Oct 22, 2006
601 posts
246 upvotes
Wonder if it's worth looking at the 6-Tool Kit as you get a saw and a mitre saw for another $129.
Oct 22, 2006
601 posts
246 upvotes
funinagg wrote: this 4-pack has a saw. so only circular saw for $129 more? sure saw can be had for cheaper?
The 4-pack has the Sawzall. The 6-pack come with a circular saw and mitre saw. So two tools for $129 + Tax.
Aug 31, 2008
571 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
whats a sawzall? i am new to this (:
got it, 6-pack comes with free saw, so yes, 2 more saws for $129 more.
i dont think i need the compound saw though circular maybe more useful than reciprocating. or perhaps all three have different use cases. hope i can grab the circular in some other sale.
would have been nice to just lend or borrow from neighbors. i am sure we all have too much that is rarely used.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1679 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
wiggum083 wrote: Now I'm on the fence, is this combo better than the ridgid combo with free tool for 249 a couple weeks back? The ridgid combo is brushless, i dont believe this one is. Any advice, which one should i should keep?
kimwoobingsu wrote: Also wondering this about the deal from yesterday, not a tool person but I figure it's always good to have.
as a very casual DIYer, I kinda regret a bit going with DeWalt Brushless (and I would for Ridgid as well) - not that those tools are bad by any means, they're (probably considerably) better than Ryobi's no doubt, but every other tool you decide to buy will cost you a lot more. Extra batteries? a lot more. Tire inflator? A lot more ...With Ryobi, you can make a decent kit - this set + multitool, then one of those with starter pack) you already have like 6 tools, 3 batteries; for the $250ish (considering the cheapest option there, the tire inflator)

but again, very casual...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jun 4, 2011
180 posts
70 upvotes
funinagg wrote: whats a sawzall? i am new to this (:
got it, 6-pack comes with free saw, so yes, 2 more saws for $129 more.
Recip saw, the one that goes back and forth really fast. It's really good for cutting small trees/branches, demo'ing stuff (took one to an old couch and it made quick work of tossing it) etc.

You really want the multi-tool so no returning that, so it's down to should you buy the 6 pack and return the mitre saw for $ (or keep it I guess) vs the 4+1 pack. Returning the mitre saw would get you roughly $100 back so if you went that route it's cheaper, BUT you have to be lucky enough to find a 6 pack in store since you can't do partial returns of online orders. Also the circ saw in the 6 pack is of questionable use - I have it (bought the 6 during the 20% coupon) and I think the most you can expect from it is cutting 2x4's, barely.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1670 posts
277 upvotes
Lévis
funinagg wrote: i am not into refunding, and like to just buy and keep.
as an outright discount, is this close to lowest it has been?
i think lifetime warranty brands are better but at a premium. better to wait on sale on them? or is Ryobi quality good enough?
for an usual homeowner is brushless worth the premium?
this seems a good kit to have if you dont have any pieces of it.
thanks folks for good deals and discussion as always (:
I'm not on refunding either. Did it for an EGO snowblower and it was a bit painful.
I prefer Ridgid for it's lifetime warranty (don't forget to register). That way if I need a battery that is not produced anymore, they will replace the tool. That being said, Ryobi has generally a strong reputation. If it's for casual work, go with either brand. If you do a fair amount of home jobs, go with Ridgid (but Ryobi won't be a bad choice).
Yes it's a good starter kit.
Pourquoi pas?
Apr 5, 2009
185 posts
65 upvotes
Man, the RYOBI 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless 4-Tool Combo Kit with (2) Batteries, Charger, and Bag at $199 is nice. Adding in the return buy-back of the Multi-tool: $75.99 the price ends up being $123.01 (pus tax) for a lot off tools vs price. I got in on the RIGID sub-compact $250 deal, but this deal is making me think hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Counterargument: Just a one-time replacement under the LSA for RIGID makes it worth while for a higher initial cost vs buying new from RYOBI.

What's with all the tool deals lately? Love it. I can start building my tool arsenal.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2428 posts
408 upvotes
GTA
what is the multi tool used for....

I'm totally new with tools and bought this 4 tool combo but unsure what the multi tool woudl be used for.
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Jan 12, 2004
669 posts
220 upvotes
aZian_ wrote: what is the multi tool used for....

I'm totally new with tools and bought this 4 tool combo but unsure what the multi tool woudl be used for.
Lots of stuff. It's great for small odd jobs around the house, such a cutting a door jambs for flooring, light sanding, cutting drywall, removing paint, removing rust, removing grout, cutting wood, cutting off nail heads, etc..

You're only limited by the accessories you have for it.

https://toolsfirst.com/oscillating-tool-uses/
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3862 posts
789 upvotes
Mississauga
sleepyguy wrote: I would say the only "issue" with buying these is the starter kit has a 3yr warranty, while buying a tool w/battery combo the battery has the lifetime LSA attached to the tool as well. BUT that said some fantastic deals here. The subcompact after battery return is a friggin steal imho. Wish the orbital sander instead of the sheet sander but still a great deal.
Are you referring to Ryobi or Ridgid?
Is there lifetime warranty on Ryobi?

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 4 guests)

kanatacrude, lsafrany, Artyom, Lexi, syntron