Hot Deals

[Home Depot] RYOBI 4-Tool Combo with FREE Multi Tool $199

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 7:39 pm
Oct 22, 2006
601 posts
245 upvotes
dougiedougler wrote: Whoops, what I meant to say was that it adds the free battery but then removes the battery if I remove the second tool. I guess the idea is to buy the extra multi-tool and then go return it later?
Yes that is correct. Return the tool and one of the extra battery.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7832 posts
2628 upvotes
Mississauga
quetzpro wrote: I would try to get this $199 4 tool combo with multi tool honestly.

the 4 tool combo itself comes with 1x 4Ah and 1x 1.5Ah, so you actually get a free 1.5Ah battery; and 3 more tools too that you might need in the future.
I didn't initially notice the 4ah battery in this kit until you pointed it out. Thought it was those generic two compact batteries like the other kits. Went straight to Home Depot yesterday to grab this. This is only $9 more + taxes than my original P1814 kit + JobPlus that I got. But as you mentioned, an extra battery, and two extra tools, plus a light (that I don't count as a tool haha). And so glad I went yesterday as it looks like prices have been adjusted back up. :)

Granted I could have done the extra JobPlus for an extra battery thing, to make the whole deal even hotter, but I didn't want to consciously go through with that error. But by no means am I judging others if they want to take advantage of that. :)

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1589 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
warhawk wrote: Yes that is correct. Return the tool and one of the extra battery.
And it is expected you would receive $129 + tax back for the multi-tool and battery? I don't understand the benefit then?

Edit: I think the glitch has been fixed, if I add a 2nd multi-tool, there is only 1 battery kit (instead of 2).
Jun 26, 2011
27 posts
56 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Went to Vaudreuil HD just now.

The 4-tool combo kit prices increased to $248, which IMO is a deal breaker. But the price tag on floor is still $199. I managed to have the clerk manually adjust the price on my bill. They may fix that very soon, so if you live nearby and want the deal, please action asap.

I also surprisingly found a Ryobi 6 tool combo kit (P1819) there, even though it shows no inventory online. store price tag shows $328 with a free miter saw (P553). I was kind of struggling between these two combo kits, but decided to take the 4-tool combo. The circular saw in the 6-tool combo kit is too small (5.5") and I want a corded miter saw instead the P533.
Oct 18, 2019
21 posts
8 upvotes
dougiedougler wrote: Whoops, what I meant to say was that it adds the free battery but then removes the battery if I remove the second tool. I guess the idea is to buy the extra multi-tool and then go return it later?
Yes! I did exactly that!
Apr 26, 2020
4 posts
I was able to pick up this set for $199 with the free multi-tool.

Thoughts on this set + multi-tool vs. picking up individual tools with the starter kit? I picked up a few of the individual tools + starter kit (sander and inflater) which I needed. Just trying to see which could be a better deal...also considering returning the multi-tool...not quite sure how often I would use it.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1657 posts
261 upvotes
Lévis
SPARTACVS wrote: Same thing for me. Ryobi for better prices or Ridgid for lifetime warranty? Tough choice.

To all: as far as I know, these are not brushless tools. Not a deal killer IMHO (if the brushes last long or are easy to replace) but that is something to consider. The price is low for a reason.
Well, I haven't made my final decision but I will most probably go Ryobi instead of Ridgid route. Main reason is I was able to get this kit at 200$ and here's my reflexion:
4 tools + batteries + accessories. Lets say 10$ for the accessories, that mean 5 valuable things for 190$. That mean 38$ for each (+tx). Can't pass that and Ryobi is good for me.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26912 posts
7194 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Well, I haven't made my final decision but I will most probably go Ryobi instead of Ridgid route. Main reason is I was able to get this kit at 200$ and here's my reflexion:
4 tools + batteries + accessories. Lets say 10$ for the accessories, that mean 5 valuable things for 190$. That mean 38$ for each (+tx). Can't pass that and Ryobi is good for me.
It's more tools and less money but brushed v. brushless means Ridgid wins the day for me. Also if this has increased to $250 now, it's less of a deal. Also if you don't need all the tools, IMO it's better to focus on better versions of the tools you do need and will use than getting lower-rent versions of them because you're getting other tools you may not even use. But, if you need all these it was at least a good price, now at $250...meh.

As a side note the Ridgid JobMax and the Ryobi multi-tool use the same heads, though the heads ain't cheap anyway, it seems like you might as well just get deals on the real tools instead of getting JobMax attachments.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1657 posts
261 upvotes
Lévis
ES_Revenge wrote: It's more tools and less money but brushed v. brushless means Ridgid wins the day for me. Also if this has increased to $250 now, it's less of a deal. Also if you don't need all the tools, IMO it's better to focus on better versions of the tools you do need and will use than getting lower-rent versions of them because you're getting other tools you may not even use. But, if you need all these it was at least a good price, now at $250...meh.

As a side note the Ridgid JobMax and the Ryobi multi-tool use the same heads, though the heads ain't cheap anyway, it seems like you might as well just get deals on the real tools instead of getting JobMax attachments.
Yeah I know it's brushed vs brushless. And lifetime warranty of Ridgid is really appealing, at least for me. But at ~38$/tool, I really find it hard to pass over that (agree with youthat at 250$ thatwould have made it a warm deal and only because the extra tool). And I was also able to get the inflator/deflator at 60$. This and the fact that I'm a very casual user so I don't really need the level of quality of Ridgid. And if the brushes ever wear out, well, I'll just replace them. I will sell the extra charger and maybe a battery. I don't even know what I will do with the drills because I have the Ridgid 12V that I use more often because they are light. I mean, if I ever need a heavy drill job, I'll just use the vintage Craftsman-Sears drill, a souvenir of my father (now THAT is a drill)...

But don't worry, If I come across a good deal of Ridgid tools that are appealing to me, nothing prevent me from returning the Ryobi to the store and change my route...
Images
  • perceuseCraftsman.jpg
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26912 posts
7194 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Yeah I know it's brushed vs brushless. And lifetime warranty of Ridgid is really appealing, at least for me. But at ~38$/tool, I really find it hard to pass over that (agree with youthat at 250$ thatwould have made it a warm deal and only because the extra tool). And I was also able to get the inflator/deflator at 60$. This and the fact that I'm a very casual user so I don't really need the level of quality of Ridgid. And if the brushes ever wear out, well, I'll just replace them. I will sell the extra charger and maybe a battery. I don't even know what I will do with the drills because I have the Ridgid 12V that I use more often because they are light. I mean, if I ever need a heavy drill job, I'll just use the vintage Craftsman-Sears drill, a souvenir of my father (now THAT is a drill)...

But don't worry, If I come across a good deal of Ridgid tools that are appealing to me, nothing prevent me from returning the Ryobi to the store and change my route...
Interestingly there is not a single drill in the current Ridgid promo... But without the drill and the light the tools in the Ridgid promo (impact driver + recip saw + JobMax) with returning would end up at 336.50 assuming keeping one battery kit. However you'e only get one 2.0A battery that way, albeit with a much better charger than Ryobi gives. However a better option is to return all three battery kits and get the sander and battery kit because it only pushes the price up to $361 and gives you a sander too--consolation for not getting a drill lol. Still you're not getting a 4Ah battery in this and you're only getting one battery in total, unless you want to add in another $74.50 to keep a second battery kit.

So yeah overall a good bit more expensive, even without the drill you don't need. As for brush replacement I've honestly never had to replace motor brushes in anything--you have to put a ton of use on something or own it for decades for the brushes to wear out I think; else it has to be designed with a very low amount of brush material to begin with. Usually something else will go first. But brushed motors are neither as powerful or as efficient which are the real downsides.
May 18, 2020
17 posts
10 upvotes
grahamj89 wrote: There might be a similar glitch to yesterday's Ridgid deal with double stacking. This would have to work in store to be worth it, but getting the combo kit, multi tool, and another multi tool gets you two free battery starter kits.

If this works in store, return values would be:
Kit - $102.47
Multi tool - $66.43
Multi tool - $66.43
Battery - $46.33
Battery - $46.33

This seems to work online, but you can't do partial returns for online orders. Probably unlikely to actually work in store.

This would be useful to get another battery and charger for yourself and a multi tool, battery, and charger to sell or give as a gift?
just FYI to anyone else; I tried this stacking INSTORE yesterday but did not work.
only one multi-tool got the promo, you'd have to pay full price for 4-piece kit, additional multi-tool and two batteries.
seems like the multi-tool was not included with the battery promo.
Jun 9, 2017
491 posts
285 upvotes
The price is at $248 now. I guess the promotion is gone. Does it often come on sale. Also does anyone know is the 20% coupon can be applied with this.
Nov 22, 2017
920 posts
1319 upvotes
NightRider_ wrote: The price is at $248 now. I guess the promotion is gone. Does it often come on sale. Also does anyone know is the 20% coupon can be applied with this.
The coupon is dead.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1944 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Coupon may be dead. But many stores still have the old sticker price on the shelf.

I just went out and bought the kit + free multi-tool for $184 plus tax. $199 - $10 SCOP - $5 HD email sign up.
Jul 23, 2007
181 posts
216 upvotes
Montreal
Bought the 6 tool combo (p1819) with the free miter saw (p553)
Laval had 1 left of each
398$ down to 328$
And 10$ for error in system so 318$

I know I grabbed the last one but I just want to say that there might still have stock in other stores despite what HD website or stocktrack says.