• Sep 14th, 2021 11:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2256 posts
1831 upvotes
Hamilton

[Home Depot] Ryobi 40v 20 in Self Propelled Lawn Mower w Battery $448

Pretty good deal on a self propelled lawn mower with 6ah battery included.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001485753

Not lava hot but the mower deals have been few and far between.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1330 posts
775 upvotes
Vaughan
I have the previous generation 40V 20 inch, but not self propelled. $450 including the 6ah battery and charger is a good deal right now, especially if you are already in the Ryobi 40V ecosystem. I've been mowing with Ryobi 40V (also have hedge trimmer, lawn trimmer, blower, chain saw) for 5 years with no issues.

Mic
# 1019 days too many
# Taiwan is a democratic country
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3354 posts
3406 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I don't understand the downvotes.

OK, this is not for everyone. I love my Gas mower, have had it for 23+ years, no issues and very low maintenance. Not about to get rid of it just yet.
But as a deal, it is not too bad. And it is a brushless model, so should last longer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2256 posts
1831 upvotes
Hamilton
Emporium wrote: I don't understand the downvotes.

OK, this is not for everyone. I love my Gas mower, have had it for 23+ years, no issues and very low maintenance. Not about to get rid of it just yet.
But as a deal, it is not too bad. And it is a brushless model, so should last longer.
Anything that isn't 85% off or a price error gets downvotes.
Dec 24, 2012
762 posts
1109 upvotes
Terrebonne
Good deal. Paid 399$ for the not-self-propelled one, love it.

6Ah gives me about 45-50 minutes though, so with self-propelling you might need a 2nd battery to finish your whole yard.
Dec 20, 2018
653 posts
1022 upvotes
This is a good deal if you have a corded or gas mower and want to try battery. The only thing I don't like about my Ryobi is that the handle folding mechanism could be designed a little better.
Feb 10, 2013
191 posts
69 upvotes
Fyi, HD strawberry Hills seems to have a large amount of refurb/returned mowers and equipment that are usually 50% off. Picked up the black self propelled model for$250, still had the voucher for the free rapid charger, and came with a charger and battery.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3064 posts
1104 upvotes
Lévis
Emporium wrote: I don't understand the downvotes.

Don't worry, a lot of peoples downvote and upvote for dumb reasons. TBH, as of now, I feel many poples are way due for vacations...

BTW, the non self propelled is 400$ and the 21" non self propelled with a 7,5 Ah is 500$, which are decent prices as well. Some are HP, don't really know the exact impact.
Ryobi mowners are light FYI.
Pourquoi pas?
Aug 21, 2013
233 posts
168 upvotes
What are people's thought on spending $150 more for the EGO POWER+ Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers?

Does self-propel really make that much of a difference? I'm not fat and willing to push a mower.
Dec 13, 2018
190 posts
175 upvotes
Brewsky wrote: What are people's thought on spending $150 more for the EGO POWER+ Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers?

Does self-propel really make that much of a difference? I'm not fat and willing to push a mower.
I want self propelled but battling between ego or ryobi.
Aug 21, 2013
233 posts
168 upvotes
Jscobez wrote: I want self propelled but battling between ego or ryobi.
Isn't the EGO nearly twice the price of a RYOBI?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3633 posts
828 upvotes
Scarborough
Wheres the deal? Isn't this the regular price?
Apr 12, 2013
692 posts
656 upvotes
BC
Think it was normally around this price last year, but HD has certainly jumped on the price gouging bandwagon.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2256 posts
1831 upvotes
Hamilton
flamez1000 wrote: Wheres the deal? Isn't this the regular price?
1. Without battery is $428, believe this was $499 or 529 at one point.

2. It's Red Flag Deals, not Red Flag Sales.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10055 posts
1934 upvotes
Toronto
Compared to other lawn mower available right now this was the cheapest battery powered self-propelled one

I think I will buy thank you OP
Nov 1, 2007
90 posts
16 upvotes
Went with Ryobi 40v two 6ampH batteries self propelled lawn mower for two reasons:

1) bit less expensive
2) when battery eventually dies, can get new one for $220, while ego is like $500+
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3703 posts
1815 upvotes
Vancouver
Brewsky wrote: What are people's thought on spending $150 more for the EGO POWER+ Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers?

Jscobez wrote: I want self propelled but battling between ego or ryobi.
In my mind (and I gave this rationale to a friend):

EGO
- More power, which is sometimes required if cutting taller and/or wet grass. My Ryobi will sometimes stall on thick damp grass (I have to cut higher and do a second pass). Also if you have a hilly landscape and need self-propelled, the extra power comes in handy.

RYOBI
- Price
- If you're in (or want to be in) the ecosystem. I think Ryobi has more tool options than EGO.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10055 posts
1934 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: In my mind (and I gave this rationale to a friend):

EGO
- More power, which is sometimes required if cutting taller and/or wet grass. My Ryobi will sometimes stall on thick damp grass (I have to cut higher and do a second pass). Also if you have a hilly landscape and need self-propelled, the extra power comes in handy.

RYOBI
- Price
- If you're in (or want to be in) the ecosystem. I think Ryobi has more tool options than EGO.
I think the probability of cutting grass while it's damp is low

With the convenience of a battery powered lawn mower when it is a sunny day just pop it out and finish it in 15 minutes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)