Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ryobi 40V Leaf Blower with Battery 3ah - $109.00

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 12:24 pm
Jul 20, 2011
29 posts
14 upvotes
NORTH YORK
should be fine with light dry snow. (480 CFM).
jwslam wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 12:39 pm
Same question.
Mar 27, 2006
232 posts
130 upvotes
What is this for? To blow the leaves to neighbour's lawn?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4872 posts
1130 upvotes
youbet wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 1:28 pm
What is this for? To blow the leaves to neighbour's lawn?
Or if you have a fence like many many people, blow them all into one or two corners. Faster than raking. Then easy to vaccum up into a mulch if you have one of those tools, or grab them and transfer into lawn bag.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3023 posts
499 upvotes
Water loo
This deal only blows. I was hoping to find one that sucks.
Jul 20, 2008
194 posts
52 upvotes
Waterloo
kwscott wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 10:55 pm
For the peeps in Kitchener and Waterloo, I visited the Home Depot today on Ottawa Street (Kitchener) and they had about 10 units on the floor to the right of the main entrance. They are marked at the $109 price point.
Thanks, around 8 left as of 5pm
May 22, 2007
50 posts
26 upvotes
This is an incredible deal. I bought a different 40V blower and paid more without the battery....I'm still tempted though, just for the battery and upgraded blower. Damn RFD!!

Thanks for the post, OP!
Dec 5, 2006
53 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Bought one in Bolton. There were 6 left after mine earlier today. Got a similar deal on the 40V Ryobi trimmer last year. This will go well with that and is worth it for the battery alone. Thank you OP.
Jun 5, 2007
170 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
freewheelin76 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 12:30 pm
this must be just out east. all the west stock showing 218
I did an in-store pickup for one up at $109 about 5 days ago in the West End location off 170st.
Dec 21, 2007
831 posts
382 upvotes
moncton
UrbanNomad1 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 10:26 am
New to this... but have a massive tree in the backyard that sheds a ton of leaves. So i use this and a vacuum alongside? If so, any suggestions on the vacuum?
Why not just use a rake?

This thing is heavy and not as powerful as the corded ryobi blower/vacuum combo (which I got on clearance for like $30 a year ago or so). Good for quick jobs like grass clippings or a few leaves off the driveway but I wouldn't buy it thinking you'll be able to blow leaves in a pile on a lawn. Still decent deal as the battery is worth about $100 and it is nice to have a spare battery if you have the mower.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1182 posts
396 upvotes
Vaughan
Thanks OP! I bought one. I had to check at a few different stores in my area (online - just change your preference for local store) to find the price at $109 (and inventory to boot). I use these to blow leaves from my eavestroughs, dust from my desktop computers (I take them outside on a sunny day of course), dust from my garage, and of course autumn leaves as well. The blower enjoys many advantages over a rake (although the rake is a great tool to use in conjunction with the blower especially with wet clumps of leaves). A 2.4AmpH 40V battery was on display for $108 at Home Depot with no charger, and no tool. This is a solid deal for folks in the Ryobi 40V ecosystem (I have a grass trimmer, hedge trimmer, and lawn mower too).

Mic
# D4HK
# FreeSpavor&KovrigNow
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4872 posts
1130 upvotes
jonny_fishead wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 6:46 pm
Why not just use a rake?

This thing is heavy and not as powerful as the corded ryobi blower/vacuum combo (which I got on clearance for like $30 a year ago or so). Good for quick jobs like grass clippings or a few leaves off the driveway but I wouldn't buy it thinking you'll be able to blow leaves in a pile on a lawn. Still decent deal as the battery is worth about $100 and it is nice to have a spare battery if you have the mower.
I have a corded Toro blower+vac, and I must say, I tried out the cordless Ryobi I got (the newer, updated model, with a bit more power), and with the turbo button, I feel that the power is on par actually. Fantastic. And the freedom of cordless...my oh my...I do love that!!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3773 posts
1308 upvotes
Montreal
rstudum wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 7:40 pm

FWIW I haven't had a bad experience with Ryobi cordless. My trimmer was my first buy. 2.6 ah battery died after sitting indoors on the charger for a winter. Was replaced no issues in the spring (take it in to home depot and new one is mailed to you). Later that same year the replacement battery died. Ryobi replaced again without issue.

Many people would consider having to deal with repeated product failures a bad experience.
Dec 20, 2007
52 posts
14 upvotes
Kitchener
GT!! wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:13 am
Many people would consider having to deal with repeated product failures a bad experience.
True... but they also stood behind their product and it was very easy to have my issue corrected. I would be upset if it was happening twice every year but it hasn't. I didn't even have to submit any papers or mail anything back. Warranty claims are handled at tool rental in store. They keep the defective product and submit the claim for you and a week or 2 later your replacement shows up at your door.

If it continued to happen annually I would be upset but it hasn't. Sh*t happens and I hit a couple branches on the bad luck tree. But they replaced no hassle and no issues since. I haven't spent another dime to keep it running. So yes, I'm happy.

Just keep your receipt to make things easy if you need to warranty anything.

My mower is on it's second year and has been flawless.

Used the new blower for the first time yesterday. Was very happy for the much easier cleanup of grass clippings post cut & trim.
Jul 3, 2008
733 posts
137 upvotes
boisbriand
I just cancelled 1 at the beaubien store if anyone is interested