• Nov 1st, 2017 5:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2092 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Ryobi 4V Quickturn screwdriver for $19.88 *YMMV*

hey all, for those who are looking for a low rpm screwdriver... it's on sale again (@ richmond hill store hwy 7 / red maple)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.4v-q ... uggest=pip

may not be as hot as the expired deal @ $11.96, but i think it's acceptable to pay extra $8 if u miss the previous deal. i got 1 myself and i found it is useful and handy for small applications.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-de ... 6-2093568/

good luck!
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2092 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
GiOBoY wrote: Not the same model.
Model # HP34L (non-quickturn-- basically a stick driver)
Oops you are right.. Good catch. Sorry for the misleading information.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
$19.88 still a good price, I want one.
Has anyone find it in montreal store?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
I have the $12 one from the sale earlier this year. Works great for times when you're installing or removing lots of screws repetitively. Manual screwdriver would take a long time, drill/driver would be overkill on the torque, probably strip or break something.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1322 posts
330 upvotes
I was upset I wasn't able to get the quickturn when on sale. But I think this will do. What benefit does the quick turn have over this? And what benefit does the double speed have?

EDIT: I guess the quickturn can fit in tighter spots where a normal screwdriver can't fit nor where turning a screwdriver is not comfortable.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
tatung wrote: What benefit does the quick turn have over this? And what benefit does the double speed have?
If you're working on a contract job where you get paid by the hour, you use the slower speed. Otherwise use double speed. :)

Seriously, the faster speed is fine for quickly inserting/removing long screws that are turning smoothly, but the slower speed is more controllable for situations where the bit is tending to slip or it's an awkward position, and has more torque for more difficult screws.