Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Ryobi 5 piece tool combo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 10:06 am
Jan 29, 2010
301 posts
113 upvotes
Victoria
The link is dead for me. I can't find the 5 piece set.
I was just looking for a set earlier this week, here it is and now i can't find it...lol
Aug 31, 2008
223 posts
56 upvotes
Newmarket/Markham
Ridamark wrote: got 1 in bradford, still had 2 left. they also had the 4 pack of the batteries for $82, so i grabbed that too. (they had 2 more of those as well.) this was yesterday so idk if they still have them but i was temped to go and grab another of each.
Be careful with those P102 batteries. I've bought 2 packs of those and out of those 8 batteries only 1 works. last pack I bought was last june and 3 of them died. I lost the receipt so can't do a warranty claim unfortunately. I'd go the high capacity batteries if they're within your budget.
Mar 21, 2009
259 posts
184 upvotes
Hamilton
CT911 wrote: Be careful with those P102 batteries. I've bought 2 packs of those and out of those 8 batteries only 1 works. last pack I bought was last june and 3 of them died. I lost the receipt so can't do a warranty claim unfortunately. I'd go the high capacity batteries if they're within your budget.
In contrast, every P102 battery I have every bought, which is also about 8, they have all worked flawlessly. But, then again it's sample of one and a tale from an internet stranger, so take it for what you will.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
Almost all the battery packs from all the tool manufacturers are actually using standard Lithium Ion 18650 cells that come from the usual battery manufacturers. There probably isn't much to choose between them in reality, and they can change cell suppliers at any time without you knowing. The purpose of all the unique proprietary tool battery form factors is strictly trying to lock you into a particular brand.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3610 posts
1423 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
CT911 wrote: Be careful with those P102 batteries. I've bought 2 packs of those and out of those 8 batteries only 1 works. last pack I bought was last june and 3 of them died. I lost the receipt so can't do a warranty claim unfortunately. I'd go the high capacity batteries if they're within your budget.
Perhaps you could have checked back with Home Depot?

I have not had to do this (fingers crossed) but have you tried to contact Ryobi Canada? I was told that if you do not have a receipt that they might base your claim on the manufacture date on the battery sticker. The 3 year period would be considered from the printed date versus the date of purchase. It might be worth a try, especially if you have such a high failure rate.

The manufacture date on the sticker is in the format: CS1538xxxxxxxx . I think that the first four numbers represent the year and the week of that year. So the example would represent the 38th week of 2015.

Let us know if you do contact them and how it works out. Would be good to know for future reference.

Good luck!
I can't afford to save that much!
Jun 22, 2017
159 posts
79 upvotes
aznhulk wrote: Price is $59 now. Get your adjustments!

A little late as I thought I lost the receipt but luckily managed to get the adjustment thanks a bunch....
Apr 28, 2015
65 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using all the tools and batteries pretty constant with no issues at all. you honestly must just have super bad luck. I would contact them about something like that, bc that shouldn't be.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4137 posts
3075 upvotes
Markham
can2000 wrote: They will ask you go back to the store that you selected for online order pickup for price adjustment.
I just rememeberd to do the adjustment while I was at a different store and the CSR had no problem at all doing this. She returned using old receipt then sold it at the new $59. Thanks again for OP for posting and @aznhulk for the heads up on the price drop.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9089 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Price is $24.96 now. Crazy hoe! Get your adjustments!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Jan 4, 2010
144 posts
95 upvotes
Anyone in the GTA willing to part with the radio?