Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi 5 piece tool combo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 10:06 am
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3065 posts
523 upvotes
If anyone bought this set in the GTA and is considering returning it i'll take it off your hands and throw something in for your trouble. Thx
Dec 26, 2007
633 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
killbillvol1 wrote: If anyone bought this set in the GTA and is considering returning it i'll take it off your hands and throw something in for your trouble. Thx
I bought mine yesterday at Steeles and Dufferin for 119.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
I'm going to return mine. If anyone wants to take it off me at cost, PM me.
I live in Stouffville.
Apr 28, 2015
81 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
got 1 in bradford, still had 2 left. they also had the 4 pack of the batteries for $82, so i grabbed that too. (they had 2 more of those as well.) this was yesterday so idk if they still have them but i was temped to go and grab another of each.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You're better off with the $128 2x4Ah pack I'd say

A single 4Ah has the capacity of 3x of the small P102 which only has 1.3Ah
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
Daijoubu wrote: You're better off with the $128 2x4Ah pack I'd say

A single 4Ah has the capacity of 3x of the small P102 which only has 1.3Ah
P108's, while have good capacity, are also very heavy. I prefer to go through a few of the P102's unless I need sustained power (ie. lawn trimmer, recip saw, etc) and dont mind the weight.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
True that, 430g vs 720g, the P102 is 40% lighter

I do use the smaller pack for the drill/impact but power hogs can benefit from the extra current the Lithium+ pack provides like you said :)
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
I have no experience with this particular circular saw, but I have a dewalt cordless circular saw and find it really convenient.
Cordless circular saws are perfect when I just need to make a few cuts for small weekend projects.
Those compact batteries will only last a few minutes on any type of saws, though.
MrFrugal1 wrote: This may seem like a great deal, but the items included in this kit have limited use.
1): There is no impact driver. If you've ever tried driving a screw with a drill, then tried it with an impact driver, you would never want to use the drill again.
2): Flashlights are bulky filler. You are better off to go to Costco (or Dollerama), and buy a camping "miner style" LED headlamp. That way you have two hands free, and the light is pointed where you are looking, not where you happened to set the flashlight down.
3): You might be able to cut a couple small branches off a tree, if you had an appropriate blade, with that reciprocating saw before the battery runs dry. And realistically, that's the only thing I can think an average person would use a reciprocating saw for. Otherwise, it's also filler. If you are planning any demolition work, a cordless saw is not the way to go.
4): Same goes for the circular saw. Buy, borrow or rent a corded saw.
5): I'm sure the drill will work fine for mild drilling applications, except for what I mentioned in #1.
6): The radio, since it has Bluetooth, I'm neutral on. My 10 year old Milwaukee radio has no Bluetooth and requires AUX IN, so I have to leave my phone plugged in to play stored music. Somewhat problematic if I have to sprint over to the radio to answer a call.
It's still filler, though.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
milkmilk wrote: I have no experience with this particular circular saw, but I have a dewalt cordless circular saw and find it really convenient.
Cordless circular saws are perfect when I just need to make a few cuts for small weekend projects.
Those compact batteries will only last a few minutes on any type of saws, though.
The cheap 1.5 ah batteries in this 5-piece set aren't really appropriate for saws. But a more standard 4 ah battery on a brushless-motor saw can do a reasonable day's work. Here's the video review on the Ridgid Gen5X brushless 7.25" 18v cordless saw from another RFD thread, selling for $150 in a kit with a hammer drill and 2 batteries.

In their test on the included 4 ah battery it got through 312 2x4s or 396 linear ft. of OSB.
Feb 23, 2010
504 posts
236 upvotes
EDMONTON
smirnoff wrote: I can't vouch for all of the tools but I don't understand anyone poo-pooing the drill. They're making assumptions it sounds like to me. I've used the drill for two consecutive renos, to do everything from mixing countless bags of mortar to boring holes for 2" ABS drain lines... jobs anybody else would use a corded drill for, I use what I have which is the Ryobi. I bent the shaft when I dropped it once, but continue to use it and would love to have a second. I've had it for 1 and a half years now and have used it heavily, regularly. My only complaint is that the little magnetic area above the battery isn't strong enough to be useful. Other than that I'm actively looking to buy a second one. I don't use the driver much because my work is usually done in condos and it's just too damn noisy for my neighbours. It was great for a recent 30 panel fence project though.
I think a lot of the poo pooing comes from people who used Ryobi before Techtronic bought Milwaukee. Nowadays there is a lot of coordination between the companies (you can tell by the similarity between new tools) and it probably means a huge step up for the quality of Ryobi tools when it shares ideas/designs/parts with Milwaukee.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
r22yu wrote: I think a lot of the poo pooing comes from people who used Ryobi before Techtronic bought Milwaukee. Nowadays there is a lot of coordination between the companies (you can tell by the similarity between new tools) and it probably means a huge step up for the quality of Ryobi tools when it shares ideas/designs/parts with Milwaukee.
Hm, TTI got Ryobi in 2001 and Milwaukee in 2004. I'd suspect TTI has incorporated a lot of cost-cutting measures from their Ryobi designs into the Milwaukee line, rather than the other way around. As a happy Ryobi owner, this only annoys me on general principle, but if I were a professional who depended on Milwaukee tools for my livelihood, I would be seriously pissed. Just another consequence of globalization and corporate greed.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Oct 16, 2007
386 posts
96 upvotes
Barrie
They had 4 in Midland Ont this afternoon for $15X.XX
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bought mine last year, was on sale for $149 and came with 2 batteries
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sold the drill+battery and an overnight charger I had for $50, I have someone else lined up for the circular drill+battery for $50, keeping the radio and charger, so if I can sell the reciprocating saw+worklight for $35-40, it would have paid for itself :) freebies!

Loving the radio
Mar 21, 2009
272 posts
196 upvotes
Hamilton
JAC wrote: Hm, TTI got Ryobi in 2001 and Milwaukee in 2004. I'd suspect TTI has incorporated a lot of cost-cutting measures from their Ryobi designs into the Milwaukee line, rather than the other way around. As a happy Ryobi owner, this only annoys me on general principle, but if I were a professional who depended on Milwaukee tools for my livelihood, I would be seriously pissed. Just another consequence of globalization and corporate greed.
I am not judging, but you just proposed a hypothesis, validated it based on a fictional situation you just came up with, then got pissed off at the company, and railed against capitalism in general. That was a hell of a trip in about 8 lines. If my wife had an account I didn't know about, I would be very suspicious. Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2845 posts
2536 upvotes
Ontario
Still willing to buy a radio and recip saw if anyone is piecing it off.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
Would love to pick up the radio if anyone is piecing this out. PM me.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Feb 23, 2010
504 posts
236 upvotes
EDMONTON
JAC wrote: Hm, TTI got Ryobi in 2001 and Milwaukee in 2004. I'd suspect TTI has incorporated a lot of cost-cutting measures from their Ryobi designs into the Milwaukee line, rather than the other way around. As a happy Ryobi owner, this only annoys me on general principle, but if I were a professional who depended on Milwaukee tools for my livelihood, I would be seriously pissed. Just another consequence of globalization and corporate greed.
Ehhh... have you used a Milwaukee tool? And to take it even further, have you used a Milwaukee Fuel tool? Have you even followed the transformation and tool innovation game Milwaukee has gone through in the last decade? Also, cost cutting does not = poor quality.
Jan 19, 2006
414 posts
46 upvotes
I just bought the 4 pack battery. Will sell off 1 or 2 if anyone is interested...