[Home Depot] Ryobi 5 piece tool combo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 10:06 am
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1930 posts
1268 upvotes
Hamilton
Still willing to buy a radio and recip saw if anyone is piecing it off.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1125 posts
596 upvotes
GTA
Would love to pick up the radio if anyone is piecing this out. PM me.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Feb 23, 2010
458 posts
199 upvotes
EDMONTON
JAC wrote: Hm, TTI got Ryobi in 2001 and Milwaukee in 2004. I'd suspect TTI has incorporated a lot of cost-cutting measures from their Ryobi designs into the Milwaukee line, rather than the other way around. As a happy Ryobi owner, this only annoys me on general principle, but if I were a professional who depended on Milwaukee tools for my livelihood, I would be seriously pissed. Just another consequence of globalization and corporate greed.
Ehhh... have you used a Milwaukee tool? And to take it even further, have you used a Milwaukee Fuel tool? Have you even followed the transformation and tool innovation game Milwaukee has gone through in the last decade? Also, cost cutting does not = poor quality.
Jan 19, 2006
357 posts
34 upvotes
I just bought the 4 pack battery. Will sell off 1 or 2 if anyone is interested...
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3583 posts
2141 upvotes
Toronto
How big is the blade on the circular?

Anyone piecing out the saw? Could use it if you don't need it.
Jan 31, 2008
95 posts
143 upvotes
Willing to piece out the reciprocating saw if anyone is interested. Just pm me with your price. Located in Mississauga.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
chadw01 wrote: How big is the blade on the circular?
Anyone piecing out the saw? Could use it if you don't need it.
5 1/2" (you can see the size in the photo on the HD product page linked in the first post). In other words, it's a toy saw.

Full size circular saws have a 7 1/4" blade. That's so they can rip through standard 2 x whatever lumber while doing an angled mitre cut. Only the most powerful cordless circular saws have a full-size blade. A lot of them have a 6 1/2" blade, which isn't all bad - you can't do deep angled cuts, but in compensation the saw usually spins faster and cuts faster. But 5 1/2 inches is only used by really low end saws.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1930 posts
1268 upvotes
Hamilton
My store stock says 3 in store...priced at 198. Can't find them. Damn.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1772 posts
648 upvotes
GTA
I'll probably piece off the 2 saws and the radio... don't really have a use for them now that I think about it lol.
If anyone is interested, send me a PM. I'm in Brossard / Montreal area.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4138 posts
3076 upvotes
Markham
r22yu wrote: Ehhh... have you used a Milwaukee tool? And to take it even further, have you used a Milwaukee Fuel tool? Have you even followed the transformation and tool innovation game Milwaukee has gone through in the last decade? Also, cost cutting does not = poor quality.
Exactly. Milwaukee is arguably a much better tool company compared to even a decade ago. Lots of innovation and product pipelines keep churning out stuff and it's well reflected in their markeshare. with Fuel completely refreshed in the next few years, not that the current Fuel line is lacking, they will continue expanding their base.
Nov 10, 2003
775 posts
162 upvotes
Piecing out the drill, light and circular saw. PM if interested. Located in Richmond Hill.
Aug 3, 2012
70 posts
20 upvotes
Looking to piece out the drill, light and stereo. In the kitchener/Waterloo area but will be downtown Toronto this weekend. PM if interested
Dec 26, 2007
578 posts
148 upvotes
I am looking to get rid of both of the saw and the drill.

I would be open to trades for guitar gear...or some kind of tablet...or open to almost anything....or m12 tools...

Message me if interested I am located in North york
Last edited by nihilist07 on Aug 15th, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1659 upvotes
Looking to get rid of radio, stereo, drill. Located in Markham and Richmond hill
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic