Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi 6" Bench Grinder $27.95

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2018 12:26 pm
Dec 11, 2003
13 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Ryobi 6" Bench Grinder $27.95

Was at Gerrard Sq location was looking for the Rigid Router discussed in another thread but was not on clearance. But I did find this bench grinder for only $27.95. Site says 69.88 but the tag on the shelf says $27.95. I asked the person there to scan and do a price check and she was surprised that it came up as $27.95. She even remarked that it was a great price.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Will check local HD tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
3 years ago they had the ryobi bench grinders going for $29.99. They were old promo ones. I wonder if its new-old stock that you got.

i would suggest putting YMMV in the title
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
bought this at a similiar price few years ago. not sure if still applies, but at that time there was 2 models, one with the led lights and one without. the one without is the one on sale and was some type of special buy.

did the one you saw have the led lights?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
I bought this grinder as mentioned for $30.

it's worth... $30 just barely

if you want to stall it out, push a feather against it. It's pretty weak.

however, if you want something to touch up lawnmower blades or the like, sure... I guess
Feb 2, 2006
565 posts
439 upvotes
raskal wrote: I bought this grinder as mentioned for $30.

it's worth... $30 just barely

if you want to stall it out, push a feather against it. It's pretty weak.

however, if you want something to touch up lawnmower blades or the like, sure... I guess
I used to use my bench grinder to sharpen my lawnmower blade and my axe until I figured out the Dremel with a grinding stone does a MUCH better job since you can follow the angles of the blades.
ae235.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
Turge wrote: I used to use my bench grinder to sharpen my lawnmower blade and my axe until I figured out the Dremel with a grinding stone does a MUCH better job since you can follow the angles of the blades.

ae235.jpeg
While it is a functional method, I find that the best result come from a belt sander!
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Turge wrote: I used to use my bench grinder to sharpen my lawnmower blade and my axe until I figured out the Dremel with a grinding stone does a MUCH better job since you can follow the angles of the blades.
ae235.jpeg
Been doing the same for years. I don't even bother removing the blade from the lawnmower.
Aug 27, 2006
261 posts
123 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Shows 70$ here in Moncton.

Though I already have 3 bench grinders in my garage, I think I'm good.
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
I was there yesterday. I haven't seen this grinder on sale in ST-Henri
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
tim-bit wrote: Shows 70$ here in Moncton.

Though I already have 3 bench grinders in my garage, I think I'm good.
I don't think so … someone with 3 bench grinders and reading this thread is definitely not good ;)
Jul 1, 2017
216 posts
87 upvotes

ae235.jpeg
true, but those dremel bits also are not cheap
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
Thanks OP, good deal. This unit is ok for occasional home use, it will bogg down when unit is subjected to moderate load. High power units sometimes goes on sale at CT around $80+
Last edited by 2GOOGLE on Oct 24th, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
Dec 9, 2003
444 posts
227 upvotes
Checked 2 locations and all scan regular price. Big YMMV
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
yellowtrash wrote: true, but those dremel bits also are not cheap
Doesn't have to be Dremel-branded. There are plenty of inexpensive bits available, especially in large kits.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
GT!! wrote: Doesn't have to be Dremel-branded. There are plenty of inexpensive bits available, especially in large kits.
Depends on the kit. My wife got me a mastercraft kit with something absurd like 300+ pieces. I have not used one that wasn't garbage yet. Wire wheels, the wire bits fly off, cut off wheels break with no effort...
Dec 11, 2003
13 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Here is the price tag right on the shelf. The one I got has the LED Lights.
Images
  • PHG_5231.jpg
  • PHG_5232.jpg
Sep 23, 2018
38 posts
39 upvotes
This is probably a store manager's deal. They do have some disgression to do this. Not on sale in 2 stores I visited.
Dec 9, 2003
444 posts
227 upvotes
proxyissues wrote: This is probably a store manager's deal. They do have some disgression to do this. Not on sale in 2 stores I visited.
Yeah and HD match HD which is silly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)