• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2020 9:45 pm
[OP]
Aug 14, 2020
9 posts
9 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ryobi 8V Cordless Drill Kit $14.98 (Reg $59.98) - YMMV

My first post...
Saw this at Richmond, BC location when I went to find the 1/2 Impact Wrench from the other thread.
Immediately grabbed one. There were still like two stacks on the shelf.
Later I went to Vancouver Terminal location and saw they have it too but with far less units.
It seems like a regional thing so YMMV.

Now I think I have too many drills around....

Edit: Deal seems dead as the stores has the discount are all out. I've checked a few locations in Vancouver including Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, North Van, Burnaby, and Delta and they don't have it on sale.
If mod sees this please remove.
Images
  • DSC_1772.JPG
Last edited by ratpadzas on Nov 6th, 2020 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
May 3, 2017
146 posts
51 upvotes
Would be nice if it had a 1/4” chuck
Nov 8, 2013
434 posts
252 upvotes
damn wish the ones near me had it for this price
Nov 4, 2008
109 posts
13 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not on sale at the Cambie location so YMMV
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4633 posts
1138 upvotes
Regina
says regular price in my area, not sure if worth the trip to see a scan, heck of a deal though
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35200 posts
4330 upvotes
Winnipeg
$60 in winnipeg
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
15419 posts
4425 upvotes
Scarberia
Might be stock at Markham east or Ajax but 60$Thinking Face
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 19, 2007
11 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I had this for 3+ years. Originally was for my wife's job who wanted to put a Q-tip in the chuck and turbo clean certain parts of chemical analysis equipment. As small as it is, it is still tiring to hold on to for my wife for a long time. So she ditched this for a micro Dremel. I have a Ridgid drill and impact driver but only 2 batteries. So when I do woodwork that requires pre-drilling and driving in the screw, I would normally use the pair on the Ridgid drill and impact driver. When the battery gets low on the impact driver, I'd put the battery to charge, switch the drill battery to the impact driver, and use this as the pre-drilling drill. It gets the job done, a bit slower though.
Oct 8, 2013
345 posts
263 upvotes
Dartmouth
If you can get it, this could serve the average person fine. This is the sort of thing that is going to be great to speed along assembling ikea furniture, putting up hooks and other low impact tasks. It could probably do very, very light woodwork but that would chew up the battery instantly. At this price, it's a steal for the right use case.
[OP]
Aug 14, 2020
9 posts
9 upvotes
Looks like it's all out at Richmond and Terminal locations in Vancouver. Maybe it is very location specific. Not sure if it means this model is phasing out and other locations might begin to clear it.
I find that Home Depot often have this kind of flash clearance and it happens at stores only.

The drill works good and I agree it is only for light duty stuff. It is a good backup when the battery on your primary drill is out. Works great as a general knock around screw driver too.

It even feels as powerful as the 12V version with a different gear ratio. I like the weight balance on the 12V more though. Also it takes forever to charge as the power adapter is only 200mA.
Oct 16, 2007
698 posts
618 upvotes
Montr
hordosr wrote: says regular price in my area, not sure if worth the trip to see a scan, heck of a deal though
Call them now and i'll probably hold it for you if they have it at that price
Oct 17, 2009
398 posts
393 upvotes
Any idea if Cambie has the same price? I call but they won't answer the phone.
ratpadzas wrote: My first post...
Saw this at Richmond, BC location when I went to find the 1/2 Impact Wrench from the other thread.
Immediately grabbed one. There were still like two stacks on the shelf.
Later I went to Vancouver Terminal location and saw they have it too but with far less units.
It seems like a regional thing so YMMV.

Now I think I have too many drills around....
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10285 posts
5490 upvotes
Paris
myob wrote: I had this for 3+ years. Originally was for my wife's job who wanted to put a Q-tip in the chuck and turbo clean certain parts of chemical analysis equipment. As small as it is, it is still tiring to hold on to for my wife for a long time. So she ditched this for a micro Dremel. I have a Ridgid drill and impact driver but only 2 batteries. So when I do woodwork that requires pre-drilling and driving in the screw, I would normally use the pair on the Ridgid drill and impact driver. When the battery gets low on the impact driver, I'd put the battery to charge, switch the drill battery to the impact driver, and use this as the pre-drilling drill. It gets the job done, a bit slower though.
I have a Tek4 Ryobi driver and use it constantly for disassembling small things, driving a screw here or there, etc. I own more impact and drills than I have friends with hands, so its not my only one. If I had to pick one set for someone to buy, it would be an M12 hammer drill and impact from Milwaukee
Dec 20, 2015
8 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ballabones wrote: Any idea if Cambie has the same price? I call but they won't answer the phone.
https://imgur.com/a/xunXtDa

I stopped by the Cambie and 8th location in Vancouver yesterday before closing and it was not on sale. Had a worker do a scan check to confirm price.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
21621 posts
3480 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Would love one of these at $15. Showing $60 locally. Sometimes I just want a smaller drill for smaller things.
Jan 4, 2014
440 posts
562 upvotes
Paris
Everywhere online shows the original price. Is it a price checked item or on sale sticker in the stores?
Oct 9, 2012
26 posts
5 upvotes
BURNABY
4 left in Richmond this morning. Thanks OP!
Images
  • D4D34A85-4AE3-4BAF-8EEF-EFB152A8A64A.jpeg