• Jul 16th, 2020 2:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1002 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines

[Home Depot] Ryobi Cordless Power Cleaner is price $178 or $138? YMMV

Keeping with Home Depot's pricing mysteries. This power cleaner is $178 on their site and Stock Track. Around noon today, I ordered one for pick up at the Ellesmere & Warden store in Scarboro and it billed at $138. I ordered a couple of other items (yard bags, pails) with it. I was real happy the see the $40 discount. Regardless YMMV.

Expiry unknown.

This product is not available online (at least in GTA & Niagara areas), and is only available at selected stores. But those stores seem to have double-digit inventory.

Here's the product link https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001487537
Here's the Stock Track link https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001487537
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
20 replies
Aug 30, 2017
190 posts
257 upvotes
Nope. Tried to add to the cart at both Yorkdale and Scarborough (the 2 nearest stores in the GTA showing any stock) - still clocks at $178 in both.
Not going to downvote because you clearly indicated YMMV, but can't upvote either :-)
Would have been a sweet deal though. The 4 Ah battery alone is half of that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1002 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines
alexttp wrote: Nope. Tried to add to the cart at both Yorkdale and Scarborough (the 2 nearest stores in the GTA showing any stock) - still clocks at $178 in both.
Not going to downvote because you clearly indicated YMMV, but can't upvote either :-)
It showed as $178 when I ordered. I printed the order for my wife to take to the store, it says $178. The $138 appeared in the email after I placed the order. This is consistent with previous Home Depot pricing mysteries. I suspect that if you go in store that it will checkout at $138.

Home Depot's Scarborough store appears to be the one at Warden & Ellesmere. That's one that I made the purchase at.
Nov 12, 2014
397 posts
319 upvotes
Brampton, ON
cpfan wrote: It showed as $178 when I ordered. I printed the order for my wife to take to the store, it says $178. The $138 appeared in the email after I placed the order. This is consistent with previous Home Depot pricing mysteries. I suspect that if you go in store that it will checkout at $138.

Home Depot's Scarborough store appears to be the one at Warden & Ellesmere. That's one that I made the purchase at.
Yes, same happened with me for the glue gun. Purchased at 40. Email showed as 20.

(not now. A while back)
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2253 posts
5254 upvotes
alexttp wrote: Nope. Tried to add to the cart at both Yorkdale and Scarborough (the 2 nearest stores in the GTA showing any stock) - still clocks at $178 in both.
In-store clearance prices don't always show up on Stock Track. I bought a Ryobi 18v drain auger for just over $20 but Stock Track showed the original price still.
Nov 8, 2012
961 posts
839 upvotes
London, ON
devil2k wrote: I bought a Ryobi 18v drain auger for just over $20 but Stock Track showed the original price still.
How long ago was that? id love the auger
Feb 13, 2020
64 posts
30 upvotes
Same here, got the Auger & Water Broom for basically $20 + tax, a piece.
Water Broom: home-depot-ryobi-water-broom-undercarri ... 0-2273730/

Also (wish I had bought 3 of them for friends n' family), the Ryobi 2 cycle gas blower-vac $40.96. Been working flawlessly.
home-depot-ryobi-2-cycle-gas-blower-vac-40-96-2116607/
Didn't realize how much not having to fuss with a cord would be a welcome improvement :)

If your not in any rush / don't need it now, these deals seem to pop up frequently enough.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2378 posts
2038 upvotes
Ontario
777DealHunter777 wrote: Geesh; that is nice price. I'm going to wait it out :D
If the border was open I'd be in Niagara Falls US tomorrow.
I have a US shipping box, but it could be 2021 before I get to it.
Nov 26, 2015
81 posts
19 upvotes
Concord, ON
I did as suggested by OP, got lower amount in email. Thanks!!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1850 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op - notice this has Turbo, and 15 and rinse, seems less settings than other (sun joe which has 0, 0+, 25, 40). Is Turbo strong enough for deck/stone cleaning?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1002 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines
azybcxrfd wrote: Thanks Op - notice this has Turbo, and 15 and rinse, seems less settings than other (sun joe which has 0, 0+, 25, 40). Is Turbo strong enough for deck/stone cleaning?
Don't know yet, as we are picking it up in store Monday or Tuesday . I don't expect it to be as strong as a regular electric power washer. But I like the idea of easily spraying out of a pail. One pail with cleaner in it, a second one with clean water. I'm thinking windows, hot tub when drained (maybe even getting the last out of the hot tub). Washing the car with this and a bucket of soap. Use the regular hose to rinse. Should be some other uses. I'm not sure that our power washer actually works, not used in several years, and I'm too lazy to dig it out of the shed and find out.

For me, I have several Ryobi tools & batteries. I probably wouldn't buy another brand of cordless sprayer.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1850 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op - can confirm $138 as price and 4ah battery gives long enough run time - serve my need!
Nov 24, 2019
71 posts
92 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: How long ago was that? id love the auger
I just saw the auger marked down to $20 in-store in Victoria. Doesn't show that price online. Pretty limited stock but potentially worth checking your local HD to see if it's marked down.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1002 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines
My wife picked up the power sprayer, and I tried it out this morning. Bottom line...yes it worked. Easy to assemble and use. Not very strong (as expected), but strong enough for most of our uses, I think. No problem spraying the long bedroom windows from a deck that is below house floor level (about 5 steps down). Note it's a one story house, so could not test on second story windows. Did not try the siphon but it's more than just a piece of hose (which is what I had expected).

The water connection is a quick connect style (so don't lose the connector). I think of Gardena brand ones when I see this. I'll go digging later (in my hot garage), and if I find my old Gardena ones then I'll update this post.
May 18, 2020
21 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks OP. Grabbed one from Eglinton Scarborough Home Depot. Only two left.
Checked Warden/Ellesmere Home depot yesterday, all sold out.

It's also called "18V Hydro Gun" in their system.

Their inventory system is inaccurate (same with stocktrack), it said 15+ units left, but there is only three when I went.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)