Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ryobi Days 2022 - [Updated]

  • Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 3:03 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 4, 2006
4042 posts
903 upvotes
Poppin wrote: Small tasks is perfect for what I'm looking for. Screwing down some screws from IKEA furniture or Costco items. And I'm looking to drill holes to install some curtain rods.

Do you know if there are other sales for drills that do small tasks around the house? I'm not rushing to get a drill anytime soon but I would like to invest in one. Currently using a manual screwdriver to do stuff and I feel I need a bit more power nowadays. Thank you for your help!



I currently do not have the space to put a circular saw since I'm renting a very small house but that set does intrigue me if I had more room haha. I will need a socket set for the "drill-driver" correct? Sorry for the stupid question. I'm great with technology but horrible with handy work. I appreciate your help!!
I do not have the brushless set. I have the regular drill driver combo.

It'll be fine for your purpose. I have put up a curtain rod, a baby gate, a diy shelf, and some ikea furniture.

not so pro tip. If you are going to do a lot of ikea furniture (which I have at my house) - get pozidriv bits. https://toolguyd.com/wera-pozidriv-scre ... furniture/ https://wordsnwood.com/2019/pozidriv/

I got the combo in case I get ambitious and need the impact driver. i used an impact driver for a shelf in my garage and it apparently is much faster than a drill
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 24, 2017
95 posts
125 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC
Devildyer wrote: Buyer beware: there are few items that were cheaper before but now it's expensive. For example ryobi light, impact driver, impact wrench. So it's possible there will be more items that are cheaper before or gonna be cheaper after ryobi days.
Sorry, are you saying the Impact Wrench is currently more expensive than normal? What's the normal price?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2006
2806 posts
271 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: I'm guessing if I'm drilling into concrete it's hammer drill or bust?
I've used regular drills for a handful of holes in basement concrete and brick on the porch to mount things like a plywood dart board backing and house address numbers/mailbox. Works fine, takes a few more minutes to slowly drill and let the drill bit cool down. I would definitely recommend the hammer drill if you're working on concrete regularly though (or have money to spend).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 5, 2006
2806 posts
271 upvotes
Alenux55 wrote: Anyone have experience with the Impact Wrench? Been thinking about getting one to speed up my tire swaps (Impact Wrench to take them off, then Impact Wrench + Torque Stick and then my Torque Wrench for the final tighten).
I used mine for the first time this Spring, worked well. Setting 3 removed the lug nuts quickly and setting 1 used gently screwed in to less than 80 ft-lb, so no torque sticks needed. Then tightened with torque wrench.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2005
988 posts
30 upvotes
Are these decent prices, or will they be much cheaper during Ryobi Days?

RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless Cordless Compact 1/4 -inch Impact Driver Kit with (2) 1.5 Ah Batteries, Charger and Bag

$118

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ____583694_

RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless Cordless Compact 1/4-inch Impact Driver Kit with 1.5 Ah Battery and Charger

$99

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ____583694_

Also, home depot's chat customer service says the Ryobi Days is currently ongoing.

The chat agent replied...

The event ends around August, end of July.

We don't have an exact date when it ends as yet.

There will be more discounts and different specials as the weeks go on
Newbie
Aug 13, 2021
35 posts
14 upvotes
Alenux55 wrote: Sorry, are you saying the Impact Wrench is currently more expensive than normal? What's the normal price?
Couple of months ago some store were clearing out this impact wrench for $41.
Sr. Member
Aug 6, 2019
806 posts
1345 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone else keeping seeing the handheld vacuum at $44.98 instead of $29.88 as listed by the OP?
Newbie
May 3, 2022
35 posts
43 upvotes
gizmokrap wrote: Anyone else keeping seeing the handheld vacuum at $44.98 instead of $29.88 as listed by the OP?
It's not discounted yet. It will probably only be when Ryobi Days officially start.
Member
Nov 18, 2019
252 posts
105 upvotes
GTA
Any discount to the Plunge Router?
Member
May 5, 2016
310 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Poppin wrote: Small tasks is perfect for what I'm looking for. Screwing down some screws from IKEA furniture or Costco items. And I'm looking to drill holes to install some curtain rods.
Do you know if there are other sales for drills that do small tasks around the house? I'm not rushing to get a drill anytime soon but I would like to invest in one. Currently using a manual screwdriver to do stuff and I feel I need a bit more power nowadays. Thank you for your help!
Here's an interesting Black and Decker starter kit. It's actually got some nice drill bits and hand tools in there too. Not sure if it's on sale or not, but it sounds sort of like what you're looking for.

As a home owner, I really like the Ryobi products. You can use the batteries for other functionalities such as blowers, weed trimmers, drills, etc. The Ryobi batteries are awesome, especially the 4 Ah, very comparable to the more expensive brands. My suggestion is to wait for Ryobi Days Promotion to come into full swing.

Drill-driver combo not a "must have". Impact driver is more optional if you're tight on cash, but you'll fall in love with the tool. The boomer generation never had impact drivers -- guys like my dad or my 75 year old neighbour were so impressed when I showed it to them. It's like magic when you drive a screw into a 2x4 wood stud. it makes such a satisfying noise, and you don't need to press very hard at all. Watch a few Youtube videos, you'll see what I mean. Try this video for e.g.
Poppin wrote: I will need a socket set for the "drill-driver" correct? Sorry for the stupid question.
No problem, everybody's gotta start somewhere. Socket wrench set is an indispensable hand tool for various fasteners. I'd highly recommend having one around in general -- regardless if you have an electric drill or impact driver.

With the Princess Auto socket adapter I had suggested, you can use the sockets on your impact driver that's all. More versatility.

Clear as mud. Hope I wasn't too confusing. :)
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Newbie
May 9, 2022
1 posts
I've used the Ryobi Drill on ikea, and you can set the torque on it, so it doesn't over tighten the screw.
Member
May 31, 2017
435 posts
604 upvotes
ChibaK wrote: Any discount to the Plunge Router?
I'd like to know too...and as a follow up, has anyone use their plunge router with a sled/planar jig?
Curious if the cordless (in general) are powerful enough for this or should I stick to a corded router...fwiw I don't do this super regular so I'm not looking to buy an actual jointer/planar, table saw, etc...just something to get me over the hump from time to time and that won't burn the wood for lack of power.
Any other brand recs for this use case?
Member
Nov 18, 2019
252 posts
105 upvotes
GTA
BatCountry wrote: I'd like to know too...and as a follow up, has anyone use their plunge router with a sled/planar jig?
Curious if the cordless (in general) are powerful enough for this or should I stick to a corded router...fwiw I don't do this super regular so I'm not looking to buy an actual jointer/planar, table saw, etc...just something to get me over the hump from time to time and that won't burn the wood for lack of power.
Any other brand recs for this use case?
I saw online that generally the Dewalt Plunge Router is recommended. I believe it is corded.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
1702 posts
1826 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Alenux55 wrote:
Sorry, are you saying the Impact Wrench is currently more expensive than normal? What's the normal price?
Devildyer wrote:
Couple of months ago some store were clearing out this impact wrench for $41.
FYI I was the OP for the impact wrench deal; while it was as low as $41, that was not a normal price. It was very much store-specific and many stores did not have that price.
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 15, 2018
99 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Anyone have any comments about any of the 40V leaf blowers? Can't find it on sale, but will likely buy anyway.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 17, 2021
127 posts
322 upvotes
The Bosche plunge router and router table is the only Bosch tools I own and no regrets
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2254 posts
1831 upvotes
Hamilton
CraigC8815 wrote: Anyone have any comments about any of the 40V leaf blowers? Can't find it on sale, but will likely buy anyway.
I have the newest one. 730cfm or whatever. It works very well but sucks through batteries like nothing.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 6 guests)

Nhuynh555