Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ryobi Days 2022 - [Updated]

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 3:03 am
Aug 13, 2021
35 posts
14 upvotes
tvisforme wrote: FYI I was the OP for the impact wrench deal; while it was as low as $41, that was not a normal price. It was very much store-specific and many stores did not have that price.
At same time It was available at 3 different prices at different locations here in calgary. $41, $65, $80. So I am just saying that this is expensive now and there is a chance that it will be available again at older price after this deal is over..
Sep 26, 2010
82 posts
31 upvotes
Devildyer wrote: At same time It was available at 3 different prices at different locations here in calgary. $41, $65, $80. So I am just saying that this is expensive now and there is a chance that it will be available again at older price after this deal is over..
impossible to get though! i tried multiple times when it was at 41 at all the locations. the one at country hills let me place the order and ended up cancelling it because they had no stock for pick up! so really, anyone who is looking to get the impact wrench, get it now.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3058 posts
1097 upvotes
Lévis
RV123456 wrote: Yes, that was assumed.....
Yeah I was sarcastic because this event has been in preparation since almost 2 months... Hopefully it will be worth it. Since you seems to know, is there any tools that will be added?
Last edited by SPARTACVS on May 12th, 2022 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Oct 5, 2016
219 posts
111 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Yeah I was sarcastic as this event has been in preparation since almost 2 months... Hopefully it will be worth it. Since you sems to know, is there any tools that will be added?
No idea whats on sale. I was just told it starts on the 19th.
May 31, 2017
435 posts
604 upvotes
whitbyguy wrote: The Bosche plunge router and router table is the only Bosch tools I own and no regrets
I really just dabble at woodworking for fun so it's only as I think of a project and can set aside the time to work on it.
While it would be nice to get a router table, I need to make something I can fold/put away...which I can do with a nice flat surface and a sled.
If money and space were of no concern, I'd still need more space.
Nov 24, 2017
95 posts
125 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC
tvisforme wrote: FYI I was the OP for the impact wrench deal; while it was as low as $41, that was not a normal price. It was very much store-specific and many stores did not have that price.
Damn. Okay, well I don't need it so badly that I would pay more than twice as much for it. I'll keep an eye out, thanks!
Nov 27, 2010
313 posts
47 upvotes
Are tools from sets able to be returned or does the whole set need to go back together?
Nov 1, 2012
403 posts
218 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
duttydeals wrote: Here's an interesting Black and Decker starter kit. It's actually got some nice drill bits and hand tools in there too. Not sure if it's on sale or not, but it sounds sort of like what you're looking for.

As a home owner, I really like the Ryobi products. You can use the batteries for other functionalities such as blowers, weed trimmers, drills, etc. The Ryobi batteries are awesome, especially the 4 Ah, very comparable to the more expensive brands. My suggestion is to wait for Ryobi Days Promotion to come into full swing.

Drill-driver combo not a "must have". Impact driver is more optional if you're tight on cash, but you'll fall in love with the tool. The boomer generation never had impact drivers -- guys like my dad or my 75 year old neighbour were so impressed when I showed it to them. It's like magic when you drive a screw into a 2x4 wood stud. it makes such a satisfying noise, and you don't need to press very hard at all. Watch a few Youtube videos, you'll see what I mean. Try this video for e.g.

No problem, everybody's gotta start somewhere. Socket wrench set is an indispensable hand tool for various fasteners. I'd highly recommend having one around in general -- regardless if you have an electric drill or impact driver.

With the Princess Auto socket adapter I had suggested, you can use the sockets on your impact driver that's all. More versatility.

Clear as mud. Hope I wasn't too confusing. :)
This is exactly what I need. Totally understand what you put there. Thank you so much for your help! Likely will just start with the brushless Ryobi drill for now and build up.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12865 upvotes
chemical_echo wrote: Are tools from sets able to be returned or does the whole set need to go back together?
You cannot return items within a single SKU/UPC only that entire box/package with everything that came in it. Otherwise that would be like returning the handle from a drill saying you don't need it and expecting to get money back for it lol. That wouldn't make any sense and I'm not sure how people even dream up that you could do that, but seems to come up often on here.

You can only return full items (whether that one item has 10 things in it or 1 thing) complete in their box/packaging. You will see the breakdown listed on your receipt. You can only return, for the "max refund value" the items listed there for the values listed there. The only time these values are modified from the price they scan at individually is when it's a promo where you are buying one item and getting another item "free"--then the values are weighted according to the standard HD formula. That formula, if you want to calculate without buying anything you can find listed on other threads here or find the calculator spreadsheet someone made here on Google Sheets, and use that.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12865 upvotes
duttydeals wrote: Drill-driver combo not a "must have". Impact driver is more optional if you're tight on cash, but you'll fall in love with the tool. The boomer generation never had impact drivers -- guys like my dad or my 75 year old neighbour were so impressed when I showed it to them. It's like magic when you drive a screw into a 2x4 wood stud. it makes such a satisfying noise, and you don't need to press very hard at all. Watch a few Youtube videos, you'll see what I mean. Try this video for e.g.
Yep, and not only that they did not have powerful, reliable, or capable battery cordless tools either. My dad, probably rolling in his grave (well as well as ashes can "roll") knowing I'm using a lot of cordless, battery-powered power tools today :lol: Truth be told and as my dad always said, "those cordless tools are good for light stuff, not for any real work"...when speaking about the old-skool NiCd and even NiMH tools of years gone by.

Today, the better "DIY" or "prosumer" (as people like to say) brushless-drive, Li-Ion powered tools are surprisingly powerful and very competent in most cases. If my dad were still around, I know for sure he'd be quite shocked at what many of these tools can do, without being plugged into the wall or to an air supply. While it's true the lower-end stuff (even powered by the same batteries) with brushed motors and cheaply priced, isn't all that great and you'd be better off with a cord, the better/brushless stuff is...well, excellent really. Granted the prices are mostly still higher than what you'd pay for a corded tool, but esp. when you build up a bunch of batteries like many of us have, having the endless runtime of AC doesn't matter anymore and the convenience and versatility of cordless is well realised. Provided you spend the $$$ for it. It's cheap enough to be accessible these days, but it's still not exactly "cheap" overall. I've only even been in this "cordless game" since like 2018 or 2019 I think, and I don't really want to know how many thousands I've spent between then and now, in all of Ridgid 18V, Ryobi ONE+, Ryobi 40V, and Milwaukee M12 :lol: And it all started with just the one Ridgid mid-torque impact wrench and a "free" battery/charger promo and thinking "hmm maybe I'll get some more Ridgid tools later on..." lol.
Sep 26, 2010
82 posts
31 upvotes
duttydeals wrote: Here's an interesting Black and Decker starter kit. It's actually got some nice drill bits and hand tools in there too. Not sure if it's on sale or not, but it sounds sort of like what you're looking for.

As a home owner, I really like the Ryobi products. You can use the batteries for other functionalities such as blowers, weed trimmers, drills, etc. The Ryobi batteries are awesome, especially the 4 Ah, very comparable to the more expensive brands. My suggestion is to wait for Ryobi Days Promotion to come into full swing.

Drill-driver combo not a "must have". Impact driver is more optional if you're tight on cash, but you'll fall in love with the tool. The boomer generation never had impact drivers -- guys like my dad or my 75 year old neighbour were so impressed when I showed it to them. It's like magic when you drive a screw into a 2x4 wood stud. it makes such a satisfying noise, and you don't need to press very hard at all. Watch a few Youtube videos, you'll see what I mean. Try this video for e.g.
i bought this black and deck set around 2015. the drill bits are bad quality, the screwdriver ratcheting will break and the pliers handles will start coming off easily. the tape measure broke too, would not go back in.

the drill is good though, still going strong.
Aug 11, 2009
151 posts
72 upvotes
looking at getting the lawnmower with the bogo offer. will give me the pole saw for free. are they still allowing you to return the pole saw for a portion of its value or is that loophole closed?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6357 posts
189 upvotes
cisco911 wrote: looking at getting the lawnmower with the bogo offer. will give me the pole saw for free. are they still allowing you to return the pole saw for a portion of its value or is that loophole closed?
Pole saw is online only. Can't return separately. Even returning only one item when bought in store is really hit and miss.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6357 posts
189 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: it's still not exactly "cheap" overall. I've only even been in this "cordless game" since like 2018 or 2019 I think, and I don't really want to know how many thousands I've spent between then and now, in all of Ridgid 18V, Ryobi ONE+, Ryobi 40V, and Milwaukee M12 :lol: And it all started with just the one Ridgid mid-torque impact wrench and a "free" battery/charger promo and thinking "hmm maybe I'll get some more Ridgid tools later on..." lol.
Let's be honest: if you are a bit of a DIYer, these tools are a money pit. Because you know that cheap tools or the wrong tools are annoying to use and you have been in the situation where "I wish I had X tool, it would make the job easier" so you just add tools to the collection once in a while when a deal goes by.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12865 upvotes
mart242 wrote: Let's be honest: if you are a bit of a DIYer, these tools are a money pit.
LOL but pretty much anything one "gets into" or enjoys in life is somehow a money pit. Tools? Money pit! Cars? Money pits too!

Some people get into stuff like buying many watches, or shoes, or spending $1-2k on a cellphone every year or two, etc. Also the people that are "into" PCs, particularly gaming on them, I definitely pity them. My gaming days are pretty much done for but for the guys buying/building nowadays, at these prices? Yikes.

Even people that get into activities like running, cycling, etc., they too often get into spending far more than the average/casual person on related accessories, to facilitate their habits and hobbies. Just the way it is.

All I know is I'd much rather drop $1k on car stuff (or tools, particularly those geared towards automotive stuff ;) )than ever spend a fraction of that on a cellphone, that's for sure. Also there's people on here that buy $800 pizza ovens and $500 hairdryers so yeah. Pretty sure I'd rather have all of this stuff for like half the money of a stupid hairdryer, lol.
Dec 27, 2008
553 posts
511 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL but pretty much anything one "gets into" or enjoys in life is somehow a money pit. Tools? Money pit! Cars? Money pits too!

Some people get into stuff like buying many watches, or shoes, or spending $1-2k on a cellphone every year or two, etc. Also the people that are "into" PCs, particularly gaming on them, I definitely pity them. My gaming days are pretty much done for but for the guys buying/building nowadays, at these prices? Yikes.

Even people that get into activities like running, cycling, etc., they too often get into spending far more than the average/casual person on related accessories, to facilitate their habits and hobbies. Just the way it is.

All I know is I'd much rather drop $1k on car stuff (or tools, particularly those geared towards automotive stuff ;) )than ever spend a fraction of that on a cellphone, that's for sure. Also there's people on here that buy $800 pizza ovens and $500 hairdryers so yeah. Pretty sure I'd rather have all of this stuff for like half the money of a stupid hairdryer, lol.
I felt like the point was that if you're a DIYer, maybe you'll want to skip Ryobi's budget tools and get something nicer from the start. From my perspective though these are so cheap that you don't lose much, and realistically they're sufficient for most DIYers.
May 20, 2006
206 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Ryobi stuff is fine for DIY and pro's but you'll just get made fun of on the job site for owning Ryobi because of brand whores. Everyones gonna have an opinion. The tools get the job done, only real downside is Ryobi stuff is chunkier than the competition.
May 5, 2016
310 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
djzapz wrote: I felt like the point was that if you're a DIYer, maybe you'll want to skip Ryobi's budget tools and get something nicer from the start. From my perspective though these are so cheap that you don't lose much, and realistically they're sufficient for most DIYers.
Fully agree. For most homeowners with the occasional project and fix around the house, these Ryobi tools are great and will not disappoint.
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
[OP]
Mar 17, 2021
127 posts
322 upvotes
Ryobi HP is actually pretty decent in my opinion. It's usually enough power and more than enough to get the job done. Where it falls down on the job site is you're going to have to push your tools a bit further here and there and you're going to drop them on a consistent basis, that's just the way it goes. My Milwaukee it doesn't matter how many times I drop them they just keep going, that's the biggest difference. Ryobi has some plastic parts still where Milwaukee (or other contractor grade brands) have rubber or metal so the plastic will chip here and there that may affect the performance of the tool. So if you want the added durability, maybe a bit better ergonomics etc go with a better brand. But most of the time Ryobi is more than enough for casual use

Unless you're talking about Milwaukee Fuel then that's a whole new level of performance imo coming at a big cost increase most of the time.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 6 guests)

Nhuynh555