Home Depot

Ryobi Days 2022 - [Updated]

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 3:03 am
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12865 upvotes
djzapz wrote: I felt like the point was that if you're a DIYer, maybe you'll want to skip Ryobi's budget tools and get something nicer from the start.
Indeed most of my more "tool"...tools...are Ridgid 18V. All my impacts are Ridgid (except one), also have two Ridgid drills, an impact driver, along with sander, router, recip saw... The ONE+ stuff I have is mainly things like lights and fans, along with a couple polishers. Don't have any ONE+ drills, saws, etc. 40V I have a couple lawn tools and the inverter, mainly because Ridgid don't sell much of any "OPE". Milwaukee M12 I have stuff like ratchet and the one right-angle impact, along with a drill, heated jacket...

I'd pretty much always take Ridgid Octane/MO over Ryobi when it comes to the more serious stuff. There's only very few cases where a Ryobi HP tool outperforms a Ridgid Octane/MO tool, and when one does it's usually because the Ridgid tool is just a few years old and they haven't put a new one out yet. Case in point is the mid-torque impacts...the R86011 is indeed a little below the P262, but now that the R86012 is out, it's beating the Ryobi (there's not a huge margin between any of these though). Also things like the circular saw and grinder--the HP are good but are no match for the Octane equivalents.

There is no denying there is some crap ton of other stuff in the ONE+ lineup. I originally had never intended to get into ONE+ at all, and it was basically the last of the modern cordless "platforms" I got into, because every time I'd consider buying Ryobi the above dilemma presented itself--no point in buying Ryobi when there's probably a better Ridgid tool for which I'd already had several batteries and other tools. But I think the thing that finally got me was a lawn tool--got the [brushed] ONE+ hedger for like $40 after return in a promo, and the rest is history--just started picking up all kinds of nicks and knacks in the ONE+ realm lol. If I count the number of things I have in any one battery platform, I probably have more ONE+ than anything else now but none of them are "serious tools", and that's kind of the beauty of ONE+--there's just so much in it, so many nifty and useful devices.

Just a word about M18... M18, to me, is just way too expensive. You can get stellar deals on both Ridgid and Ryobi, and even M12. But M18? Even the "deals" are still pricey--like 50%+ more money for a given tool. M18 stuff is most often the best of the TTI group tools, no denying that. However for the increase in cost it's simply not worth it over very good performing Octane/MO and HP tools which are had for much less money.
Mar 30, 2007
477 posts
52 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Is it worth picking up the $60 inflator now, or wait for a tool/battery combo deal that may be coming up?
May 5, 2016
310 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
evozero wrote: Is it worth picking up the $60 inflator now, or wait for a tool/battery combo deal that may be coming up?
you read my mind. i'm waiting to pounce on the same thing.
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Aug 12, 2020
21 posts
3 upvotes
Hello, pardon my ignorance as I'm a noob when it comes to tools. I'm interested in this ryobi lawn mower.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001662799

Does anyone have good experience with this? Could this be part of this home depot promo? Was going through the thread and still not 100% sure how to take advantage of the promo if there is any for this item.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1259 posts
1111 upvotes
SURREY
pgsu2017 wrote: Hello, pardon my ignorance as I'm a noob when it comes to tools. I'm interested in this ryobi lawn mower.

Does anyone have good experience with this? Could this be part of this home depot promo? Was going through the thread and still not 100% sure how to take advantage of the promo if there is any for this item.
Neighbour has it and she mows her half-acre with it pretty well. No direct experience but if her lawn is any indication, it works good.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Nov 30, 2016
57 posts
28 upvotes
evozero wrote: Is it worth picking up the $60 inflator now, or wait for a tool/battery combo deal that may be coming up?
I'm wondering the same thing. I have read the there was inflator tool with battery deal in the past. But with this much inflation, I doubt it will be still $59.88 (or below $80) for the combo deal in future.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3821 posts
2638 upvotes
Kitchener
Got all the crap I wanted:

1) Chainsaw
2) Hedge Trimmer (manager discounted it further because they couldn't find the trimmer without the battery (so I basically go a battery for free)
3) Grinder
4) Circular Saw

Not needing too many more tools. Might get a better impact but we'll see.
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1393 posts
120 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Anyone used the Sander and Router tools? Very very basic DIY stuff is all I am going to do with it.
Mar 5, 2009
354 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
pgsu2017 wrote: Hello, pardon my ignorance as I'm a noob when it comes to tools. I'm interested in this ryobi lawn mower.

I just bought this model a few days ago....haven't used it yet. It (along with two other Ryobi battery mowers) is highly rated by Consumer Reports. I hope I'm not disappointed BUT i think I (and you) need to keep in mind these machines aren't as powerful or rugged as a good gas mower....and this model is likely to run for maybe 35-45 minutes before the battery shuts off (depending on the lawn). The good side is no messing with gas, gas cans and their smell, lighter weight and maneuverability and no rusting of the cutting deck (since it's plastic). It will have to be treated a little more gently and likely can't handle very long grass (e.g. less power plus the cutting blade is not as thick/heavy as that in a gas mower. If it model goes on promo soon, I'll be back in HD to seek a discount.
Nov 1, 2012
403 posts
218 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

I have almost exact same lawn mower however it was 3 years ago model. Really reliable lawn mower and gets the job done. Not as powerful as a gas one but I didn't want to deal with gas. Still haven't had any issues with it after 3 years.

Battery still holds up and it easily can get past about 30-40 minutes before it runs out of juice. Also relatively quiet compared to gas mowers which is nice.

I saw that Costco has a lawn mower on sale for 499 in warehouse. Not sure if it's worth paying for that one but I did see a thread about it. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... y-2539979/
Sep 11, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
My crappy electric lawnmower just burnt up as I was mowing. I have a very small Yard, can anyone recommend a battery powered one. The 12 inch ryobi is to small for my use.
Oct 13, 2019
32 posts
201 upvotes
I just noticed that the trimmer kit that comes with the battery and charger is the same price as the trimmer tool only for 78$. I dont need the battery so I’ll try to sell it and get 20-30$ for it making this a good deal IMO! This was at the St Henri store in Montreal. They had 10 left in stock
Aug 18, 2011
58 posts
81 upvotes
OTTAWA
shubjero wrote: Ryobi stuff is fine for DIY and pro's but you'll just get made fun of on the job site for owning Ryobi because of brand whores. Everyones gonna have an opinion. The tools get the job done, only real downside is Ryobi stuff is chunkier than the competition.
Brand whores....rofl...that was hilarious! Fully agree....will do just fine for the dyi person.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2021
127 posts
322 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Indeed most of my more "tool"...tools...are Ridgid 18V. All my impacts are Ridgid (except one), also have two Ridgid drills, an impact driver, along with sander, router, recip saw... The ONE+ stuff I have is mainly things like lights and fans, along with a couple polishers. Don't have any ONE+ drills, saws, etc. 40V I have a couple lawn tools and the inverter, mainly because Ridgid don't sell much of any "OPE". Milwaukee M12 I have stuff like ratchet and the one right-angle impact, along with a drill, heated jacket...

I'd pretty much always take Ridgid Octane/MO over Ryobi when it comes to the more serious stuff. There's only very few cases where a Ryobi HP tool outperforms a Ridgid Octane/MO tool, and when one does it's usually because the Ridgid tool is just a few years old and they haven't put a new one out yet. Case in point is the mid-torque impacts...the R86011 is indeed a little below the P262, but now that the R86012 is out, it's beating the Ryobi (there's not a huge margin between any of these though). Also things like the circular saw and grinder--the HP are good but are no match for the Octane equivalents.

There is no denying there is some crap ton of other stuff in the ONE+ lineup. I originally had never intended to get into ONE+ at all, and it was basically the last of the modern cordless "platforms" I got into, because every time I'd consider buying Ryobi the above dilemma presented itself--no point in buying Ryobi when there's probably a better Ridgid tool for which I'd already had several batteries and other tools. But I think the thing that finally got me was a lawn tool--got the [brushed] ONE+ hedger for like $40 after return in a promo, and the rest is history--just started picking up all kinds of nicks and knacks in the ONE+ realm lol. If I count the number of things I have in any one battery platform, I probably have more ONE+ than anything else now but none of them are "serious tools", and that's kind of the beauty of ONE+--there's just so much in it, so many nifty and useful devices.

Just a word about M18... M18, to me, is just way too expensive. You can get stellar deals on both Ridgid and Ryobi, and even M12. But M18? Even the "deals" are still pricey--like 50%+ more money for a given tool. M18 stuff is most often the best of the TTI group tools, no denying that. However for the increase in cost it's simply not worth it over very good performing Octane/MO and HP tools which are had for much less money.
M18 has 3 different lines though that range wildly... For my key most highly used tools M18 fuel is absolutely worth it
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12865 upvotes
duttydeals wrote: you read my mind. i'm waiting to pounce on the same thing.
If you don't need the battery kit (i.e. you plan on returning it) pretty much anything that would be included with those promos will be significantly cheaper with return trick.

For example the P727 workbench light (which is awesome BTW) at $60, that goes for $35 in the promos, with return trick. The price goes up to like $75 during those but when you return the battery kit the price comes way lower. This light is actually really good, I was gonna buy a second one in the DTO 40% sale (which would have made it a similar $35ish price) but that was all sold out by the time I went there.

However some things are never in the battery kit promos, or they're not guaranteed to be there. This is where Ryobi Days is mainly useful (I think I said this same thing earlier in this thread but worth repeating)--the stuff that doesn't come up in promos, Days can be a good time to get those things. For example you're never gonna see the P135 6-port sequential charger in the promos because that wouldn't make much sense--buy charger and battery kit, get 6-port charger free? I mean that would be nice to get the charger cheap, but just doesn't happen.

The inflators for example, the P747 ($60 here in Days?) has been as low as like $25 with return trick before, however I don't think it appeared in the last Ryobi promo. Doing an RFD search it seems the last time it appeared in the promo (with a $25ish RV) was in 2020.

Up to you guys whether you want to wait as I don't think the next promo would be coming until July/August, if Ryobi Days is now? Maybe there is some overlap though, I dunno. Also it might not appear in that promo so then you'd be SOL.

The thing about the P747 at $60 is...the Ridgid R87044 is also the same price right now. Personally I'll take the Ridgid (actually I already have two lol) but up to you to weigh the pros and cons...which I might as well outline:

Ryobi:
+Has HV inflation and deflation built in
+Significantly more quiet (something like 5-6dB lower in operation)
-Slower
-3yr warranty
-No hybrid power
-Apparently uses a phenolic piston?
+/-Screw on type tyre valve connector

Ridgid:
+Faster
+Hybrid power--can connect to 12V lighter socket instead of battery
+LSA eligible
-No HV inflator/deflator
-Loud as all hell lol (I bolded this for a reason)
+/-Push on, quick-connect type tyre valve connector

The valve connection is a +/- because some will prefer the screw on type. The Ridgid one is great if you get a good connection but it can also be clumsy/leaky--when you get it on there and it leaks you just have to screw it on gently as you would a screw-on type though.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12865 upvotes
whitbyguy wrote: M18 has 3 different lines though that range wildly... For my key most highly used tools M18 fuel is absolutely worth it
True, but nobody wants the brushed M18 stuff lol. Also even though those are cheaper that does nothing about the astronomical battery and charger prices.

Most of the brushless non-Fuel M18 tools are basically within spitting distance of the Fuel versions though, so those are fine. However I think the non-Fuel brushless line is fairly small and I don't think they are adding anything to it these days.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 6 guests)

Nhuynh555