Ryobi Days 2022 - [Updated]

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 3:03 am
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1971 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
Not likely this will be included or on-sale but hoping for a 18V planer.
Jul 4, 2018
659 posts
513 upvotes
I could use the 20v lawn mower right now. Come on sale price
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2326 posts
929 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: For that particular blower (tool only), you can get it right now for $117 RV I think it was? Buy the mower, get the blower "free", return the mower.

For batteries and charger I'd say this is your best bet...

Buy the 2x 4.0 HP:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... ?rrec=true

I think that's $10 more than it was in the last sale (which was cheaper than these have been even in US) but them's the breaks unfortunately. Then pickup a cheap P118 or P118B/PCG002 off kijiji--I'd imagine you can get one for like $20 off there, even a new one. If you can find a P117 for $35 or less, go with that (it's the "fast" Ryobi charger). Stick with genuine--I'd recommend against buying aftermarket China-brand/off-brand chargers.

You might think $117 + $140 + $20 is more than $230 (for the HP blower kit), at $277 but it's about $50 more and still much better and here's why...

With that blower kit in Canada you are getting a crappy non-HP PBP005 4.0 battery, which is basically the most cheaply made 4.0 Ah Li-Ion battery Ryobi has produced to date. It has cheap EVE cells inside and is really just not that great. The PBP004s you get in the 2pk though are HP batteries and not only will they perform better in the HP blower, but you'll have a second one as well which is real useful for a blower which will burn through a 4.0 battery in no time. (Note that these also have EVE cells unfortunately but they will be better spec'd ones than in the el-cheapo PBP005.)
I've seen a few posts about this getting a certain combo and returning an item and keeping the other item for less cost.

Where exactly on HD website does it say we can do that?

I don't see it in the OP. Maybe OP should add that info?
May 1, 2009
3 posts
1 upvote
Kelowna
seanc85 wrote: I was considering 18V brushless blower and many complains about weak power and battery consumption.
I just received my 18V lawnmower and leaf blower and have only used both once, but I'm impressed. Reviews, and what people have said here, led me to believe they would be inadequate. I took a chance anyways since I knew I could just return the products I didn't like. After charging the batteries and mowing my small lawn (took maybe 4 minutes) I lost 1 bar out of 4 on the battery. I threw the same battery on the leaf blower and blew debris off my pool cover, patio, and outdoor furniture (maybe 5 minutes of use) and lost 1 more bar. So, for my purposes, the battery life is good enough. And the power of both tools was more than adequate.

I'm happy with how the mower mowed my lawn. I don't think I'll be using my push mower much, if at all, anymore. The Ryobi is way too convenient and cuts nicer. The push mower pushes down some of the grass instead of cutting it, especially if it gets even a little long, and its a pain to adjust.

I have a 12 or 13 Amp corded Worx blower/mulcher and the Ryobi was certainly not quite as strong (maybe like having my blower on "medium" if it had that setting), but its way lighter and more convenient for quick jobs, like cleaning up before spending time outside. That's exactly what I bought it for, and my wife can even use it. Win-win.

Side note: I also got the dual-purpose inflator and it has worked pretty well so far on my bike tire I had to patch, and a test run on my car tire. Again, more convenient than my 15 gal air compressor.

You can see convenience is the theme here for me Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes.

Cheers
Mar 22, 2012
270 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
how well does this work with a 1.5ah battery?

18V ONE+ Dual Function Cordless Inflator/Deflator
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1351 posts
929 upvotes
Maverick45 wrote: 11 more items are discounted today. Most notably:

18V ONE+ Cordless 7-1/4-inch Compound Mitre Saw 32% off: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000734787
18V ONE+ Battery 6-Port Super Charger 30% off: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000663451

Also:

(Note the 18V ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless LED Light (Tool Only) was $14.99 a few weeks ago)
Damn, I really want the folding light but was hoping it'd be lower than this.

Thanks for the update!
Mar 22, 2012
270 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
anyone interested in getting a tool that comes with battery+charger but don't need the battery+charger kit?

GTA
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3058 posts
1097 upvotes
Lévis
bpcrally wrote: Damn, I really want the folding light but was hoping it'd be lower than this.

Thanks for the update!
Yeah, the poster spoted the two only good deals. The workbench light is a warm deal. The rest are cold.
Pourquoi pas?
Aug 1, 2018
126 posts
127 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Loxzzz wrote: My crappy electric lawnmower just burnt up as I was mowing. I have a very small Yard, can anyone recommend a battery powered one. The 12 inch ryobi is to small for my use.
I have a very small front and back yard and I bought this Ryobi 18V 16" lawnmower last spring. I've been very happy with it overall. One 4ah battery does both the front and back yard and usually has a bit of juice left for the string trimmer after as well:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001587357
Mar 26, 2015
156 posts
170 upvotes
Guelph, ON
zing31 wrote: I have a very small front and back yard and I bought this Ryobi 18V 16" lawnmower last spring. I've been very happy with it overall. One 4ah battery does both the front and back yard and usually has a bit of juice left for the string trimmer after as well:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001587357
I actually wanted to buy that but they dont have it near me and its sold out online. I wanted it as it comes with a "free tool" so can get that and the trimmer for $388. I need to cut my lawn asap so I settled for this 20 inch for $428. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001662799 Going to cut this afternoon for the first time. Hopefully there is no 40V promo in the next few weeks or I will have to try and swindle myself a price match.
Apr 9, 2012
395 posts
162 upvotes
Can you get 40v batteries refurbished? I have 2 2amp batteries and 1 6amp battery. One of the 2amp batteries only works for a few seconds 80%off the time. Bought the snow blower w the 6amp bat and now when I go to use my lawnmower it wont fit it.

Super frustrating bc that was my justification for buying the snowblower in the 1st place. Should have confirmed it would fit.

Debating buying the 40v lawnmower for 430 and selling my old one for 200 or getting a tool that comes with one but I have everything I need right now.

Any advice. Really didn't want to spend anymore
[OP]
Mar 17, 2021
127 posts
322 upvotes
giju wrote: Can you get 40v batteries refurbished? I have 2 2amp batteries and 1 6amp battery. One of the 2amp batteries only works for a few seconds 80%off the time. Bought the snow blower w the 6amp bat and now when I go to use my lawnmower it wont fit it.

Super frustrating bc that was my justification for buying the snowblower in the 1st place. Should have confirmed it would fit.

Debating buying the 40v lawnmower for 430 and selling my old one for 200 or getting a tool that comes with one but I have everything I need right now.

Any advice. Really didn't want to spend anymore
I would check Direct Tools on what they have in stock I'd you can make the drive.
Nov 22, 2014
532 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Bot trimmer + leaf blower combo kit for $148.
Decent discount. Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 7 guests)

Nhuynh555