Ryobi Free HP compact bare tool promotion

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2021 10:43 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2017
56 posts
20 upvotes

[Home Depot] Ryobi Free HP compact bare tool promotion

May I know I can refund the combo kit only and keep the free HD compact bare tool for a reduced price ? Thanks!

18V ONE+ HP Compact Brushless Hammer Drill and Impact Kit with (2) 1.5 Ah Batteries and Charger
Last edited by LABGUY2012 on Aug 31st, 2021 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
2491 posts
1125 upvotes
toronto
You could have done that with the Milwaukee events, but not sure for Ryobi.
I'm also interested to know this..
Oct 21, 2009
847 posts
735 upvotes
You will have to return the promo item if you return back the purchased one
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6727 posts
4296 upvotes
Toronto
LABGUY2012 wrote: May I know I can refund the combo kit only and keep the free HD compact bare tool for a reduced price ? Thanks!

18V ONE+ HP Compact Brushless Hammer Drill and Impact Kit with (2) 1.5 Ah Batteries and Charger
As long as there is partial return value for the promo item on the receipt, you can return it for that prorated price. Only works in-store purchases, let us know what the prices are for the combo and tool. That brushless grinder looks good if price is right after returning the combo.
Oct 14, 2009
620 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
Yes you can return just the battery. The receipt will show you how much the pro rated amount for return is. I bought the Ryobi 129.99 multi tool yesterday and returned the battery for $59 tax included
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
2491 posts
1125 upvotes
toronto
Dread_Mannequin wrote: Yes you can return just the battery. The receipt will show you how much the pro rated amount for return is. I bought the Ryobi 129.99 multi tool yesterday and returned the battery for $59 tax included
So u got the multi tool for 59?
May 12, 2016
245 posts
437 upvotes
GTA
peteryorkuca wrote: let us know what the prices are for the combo and tool.
According to the formula from another topic:

($139 * $248) / ($139 + $248) = you get $89 if you return free tool
($248 * $248) / ($139 + $248) = you get $158 if you return the combo
Jan 1, 2021
14 posts
14 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: As long as there is partial return value for the promo item on the receipt, you can return it for that prorated price. Only works in-store purchases, let us know what the prices are for the combo and tool. That brushless grinder looks good if price is right after returning the combo.
I actually went to one of the home depot store, and the lady wouldn't allow me to do the partial return despite the prorated amount is on the receipt. She said it is new policy and no partial return is allowed.
Oct 28, 2013
231 posts
205 upvotes
Saskatoon
LinC58414 wrote: I actually went to one of the home depot store, and the lady wouldn't allow me to do the partial return despite the prorated amount is on the receipt. She said it is new policy and no partial return is allowed.
Good!!
Nov 10, 2016
231 posts
336 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
LinC58414 wrote: I actually went to one of the home depot store, and the lady wouldn't allow me to do the partial return despite the prorated amount is on the receipt. She said it is new policy and no partial return is allowed.
It heavily depends on who you are dealing with, some people are stricter than other, some don't really care, also the system allows it, but they are advised to not honor that return, so I would come back and talk to another person or go to another home depot.

I just returned some batteries with some story that I already have a lot and in the receipt states a refund value, so just talk to someone else nicely and they will do it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)