• Feb 21st, 2021 11:15 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5335 posts
1448 upvotes
Kanata

[Home Depot] RYOBI Multi-Material Drill and Drive Kit (300-Piece) with Case $48

Saw a quite a few of these (6 to 7) at the Barrhaven, Ottawa clearance section for $48. Not sure if it's a good deal but half the price of what's listed on the website. Pretty good for a home owner for DIY projects around the house.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001180407

Same SKU but neither Home Depot or StockTrack has the correct pricing for Barrhaven, Ottawa.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
12 replies
Jun 9, 2019
379 posts
461 upvotes
Is it possible to price match to another Home Depot's clearance price?
Jun 24, 2007
113 posts
66 upvotes
Ontario
Damn, saw one left at my home depot, showed $68 to $48 ... had I known it was $98 - $48, well I'd HAVE to buy it!
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2171 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
Beach wrote: Damn, saw one left at my home depot, showed $68 to $48 ... had I known it was $98 - $48, well I'd HAVE to buy it!
I feel the same way. I seen these at Pickering Home Depot and the sign said $48 (was hidden behind some other boxes)... I just ignored it . .. but if they had the WAS price....hmmmm. I need to reevaluate my shopping habits.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5335 posts
1448 upvotes
Kanata
Some RFD comments in here lol, if you don't think it has value don't buy it! Doesn't matter its original price.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2958 posts
1564 upvotes
300 x low-quality-bit = 300 low-quality bits for $48.00
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10949 posts
1111 upvotes
Squamish
I got this, and do not recommend it.

Yes, the bits are lower quality - it's annoying when they bind or don't cut cleaning, etc. etc.

The case, while a good idea, is maybe what I hate most. It's such a giant waste of space for what it's holding (everything stupidly spaced out), plus SOME things are labels but others aren't? And it's barely embossed, not easy to see some of them anyway. I am new DIYer - I didn't know exactly what the different items were...

And they're all held in very tightly within the molded plastic. Sure, it's secure, but it's also hard to get items out. I was trying to remove a larger drill bit and I just couldn't pull it out. Eventually got enough leverage and pulled it out very quickly and the bit sliced finger on my other hand, sent me to hospital with stitches.

I do not recommend this kit, for multiple reasons.
Jan 17, 2021
2 posts
I bought this similar kit years ago. Maybe low quality but the bits are Great for DIY and the variety are good to have on hand and have more then paid for themselves a few times over
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1283 posts
936 upvotes
Montreal
Got this as a gift before New Year's and it was 39$. Time machine here can't apply..

For work around the house, it's plenty for what I need.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
8957 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: I got this, and do not recommend it.

Yes, the bits are lower quality - it's annoying when they bind or don't cut cleaning, etc. etc.

The case, while a good idea, is maybe what I hate most. It's such a giant waste of space for what it's holding (everything stupidly spaced out), plus SOME things are labels but others aren't? And it's barely embossed, not easy to see some of them anyway. I am new DIYer - I didn't know exactly what the different items were...

And they're all held in very tightly within the molded plastic. Sure, it's secure, but it's also hard to get items out. I was trying to remove a larger drill bit and I just couldn't pull it out. Eventually got enough leverage and pulled it out very quickly and the bit sliced finger on my other hand, sent me to hospital with stitches.

I do not recommend this kit, for multiple reasons.
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm looking for something like this and recommendations?
Jul 22, 2011
14 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
In stock at the Oakville home Depot location for 48$ (it corrected from their price tag of 68$ at checkout,)