Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

RYOBI ONE+ 18V 1.3Ah Li-Ion Compact Battery (4-Pack) [SPECIAL BUY]

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2020 10:54 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes

[Home Depot] RYOBI ONE+ 18V 1.3Ah Li-Ion Compact Battery (4-Pack) [SPECIAL BUY]

I saw this item in the special buy tool section without a price tag, so I brought it up to the cash to see what the 'special buy' was. It rang up at $88. That's $22 per battery. This was the Cyrville Home Depot location in Ottawa, but doesn't seem like a YMMV because it's a special buy and not yellow tag.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1000844176

This is a good option for those who were looking for the batteries and don't need an extra charger.
Last edited by bigdaddyyc on Jul 31st, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
36 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5755 posts
1587 upvotes
if anyone buys this and wants to sell me one for 25 let me know

i just want a battery for my GDO

edit. i am in south etobicoke.
Last edited by milolai on Jul 31st, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
19162 posts
22049 upvotes
GTA
I'd split one or 2 of them with someone in oakville.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
Would be interested to know why there's a down vote for the reason "Bad product/service".
Sr. Member
Apr 24, 2010
913 posts
670 upvotes
Canada
milolai wrote: if anyone buys this and wants to sell me one for 25 let me know

i just want a battery for my GDO

edit. i am in south etobicoke.
You may want a 4 AH battery for such a heavy duty job. Check the user manual first.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
19162 posts
22049 upvotes
GTA
bigdaddyyc wrote: Would be interested to know why there's a down vote for the reason "Bad product/service".
Probably a hater that thinks everyone needs high end tools, when Ryobi is great for most users.
I also see that Ryobi just released a line of brushless tools. I look forward to upgrading to them when the deals come.

https://www.ryobitools.ca/hp
BRUSHLESS MOTOR TECHNOLOGY
More power, longer runtime, and longer motor life.Our brushless motors give you increased performanceand a premium user experience.
MORE COMPACT. LIGHTER WEIGHT.
The ONE+ HP Compact Series brings you concentrated power in a lightweight design, ideal to use for extended durations in tight spaces and overhead.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Newbie
Jul 11, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
I didn’t downvote but just checked home depot’s website and this product is not available in Calgary. I’ve seen this a few times so might explain the downvote.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
engineered wrote: Probably a hater that thinks everyone needs high end tools, when Ryobi is great for most users.
I also see that Ryobi just released a line of brushless tools. I look forward to upgrading to them when the deals come.

https://www.ryobitools.ca/hp
BRUSHLESS MOTOR TECHNOLOGY
More power, longer runtime, and longer motor life.Our brushless motors give you increased performanceand a premium user experience.
MORE COMPACT. LIGHTER WEIGHT.
The ONE+ HP Compact Series brings you concentrated power in a lightweight design, ideal to use for extended durations in tight spaces and overhead.
I own tools from all of the brands and am an experienced user, so if someone wants to have that discussion send me a PM or post here. The Ryobi brand serves the value segment very well.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2015
1137 posts
1472 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
There will always be a jackass everywhere.
bigdaddyyc wrote: Would be interested to know why there's a down vote for the reason "Bad product/service".
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 23, 2019
560 posts
416 upvotes
Isn't 1.3ah kind of insufficient for most powertools now (Saws, drills/drivers etc)? Id rather have one 3+ah for around that than this imo.

But def a good deal if split.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
Zarkey wrote: Isn't 1.3ah kind of insufficient for most powertools now (Saws, drills/drivers etc)? Id rather have one 3+ah for around that than this imo.

But def a good deal if split.
I generally prefer compact batteries because they are light weight. The voltage is the same, so it's only runtime that's the issue. You can easily swap a battery out if it dies, and have one charging while the other is being used. It really depends on what you're doing and personal preference, but the $/Ah on this 4-pack is pretty good.
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Stocktrack shows Burlington as the closest store with stock, and it's showing $139 for *all* nearby GTA stores: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000844176
It's showing $139 at the home depot I was at on stocktrack as well, but keep in mind this is a 'special buy', not their typically stocked 4-pack. The 4-pack I purchased clearly says "Special buy" even on the Ryobi package.
Member
Apr 6, 2013
294 posts
287 upvotes
Amowagou wrote: You may want a 4 AH battery for such a heavy duty job. Check the user manual first.
To open a garage door once or twice during a power outage it would be adequate.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
19162 posts
22049 upvotes
GTA
Zarkey wrote: Isn't 1.3ah kind of insufficient for most powertools now (Saws, drills/drivers etc)? Id rather have one 3+ah for around that than this imo.

But def a good deal if split.
It's fine for most basic tools like jigsaws and drills. Only higher power tools need bigger batteries to not be limited in performance. Like an high powered impact gun, circular saw, leaf blower maybe, lawnmower, table saw, etc
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2003
758 posts
169 upvotes
Halifax
bigdaddyyc wrote: I generally prefer compact batteries because they are light weight. The voltage is the same, so it's only runtime that's the issue. You can easily swap a battery out if it dies, and have one charging while the other is being used. It really depends on what you're doing and personal preference, but the $/Ah on this 4-pack is pretty good.
That's not entirely true, I buy dead power tool batteries to harvest and reuse any cells that are still good. These batteries are the most common ones I come across by a long shot and are not suitable for use in their high power tools even though they fit. Inside are 5 lithium cells that have a maximum discharge rate of 15A, a typical circular saw can consume upto 1200W and at 18v nominal that's 66A from each cell. Even if we assume the cordless ryobi saw is less powerful (600W) that's still 33A, more than twice the rated maximum current draw from the cells. High power tools usually kill one of the cells or drains the battery so fast that by the time the BMS cuts the power off the batteries voltage is too low for the charger to accept it. The next battery size up just adds another set of 5 cells in parallel which cuts the max draw off all the cells in half compared to the P102 battery.

even more info if you want a longer read. Ryobi P102 battery
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2012
949 posts
826 upvotes
London, ON
Ill split for 2 in London ON if anyone is interested!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
3500 posts
843 upvotes
North York
One for Thornhill - if anyone is willing to split pm me
[OP]
Sr. Member
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
instanoodles wrote: That's not entirely true, I buy dead power tool batteries to harvest and reuse any cells that are still good. These batteries are the most common ones I come across by a long shot and are not suitable for use in their high power tools even though they fit. Inside are 5 lithium cells that have a maximum discharge rate of 15A, a typical circular saw can consume upto 1200W and at 18v nominal that's 66A from each cell. Even if we assume the cordless ryobi saw is less powerful (600W) that's still 33A, more than twice the rated maximum current draw from the cells. High power tools usually kill one of the cells or drains the battery so fast that by the time the BMS cuts the power off the batteries voltage is too low for the charger to accept it. The next battery size up just adds another set of 5 cells in parallel which cuts the max draw off all the cells in half compared to the P102 battery.

even more info if you want a longer read. Ryobi P102 battery
Interesting read. Is the maximum discharge limited by the BMS? Li-ion batteries can discharge at higher rates than that, but it would affect the runtime and lifespan.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 21, 2004
1028 posts
218 upvotes
Hamilton
I saw lots of them at Ancaster HD at $88. Sadly most the tools (that qualify for free 2Ah kit) were gone.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.” ― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)