• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 12:40 pm
[OP]
May 7, 2018
13 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton

[Home Depot] Ryobi One cordless 7 1/4" Circular Saw $67.00 tool only

In store deal only. Tool only. $168 online, $67 in store. Thinking you will need a 4ah battery to get the most out of this saw. I saw this at the Edm S.Common location.
Images
  • 20210602_133554.jpg
Last edited by Snowdawg2002 on Jun 2nd, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Jan 22, 2019
325 posts
240 upvotes
Great deal. They're all sold out in Ottawa. Also note, it's being replaced with the new brushless 7.5" model.
Nov 15, 2008
195 posts
260 upvotes
Montreal
Regular price in Mtl, but thx OP. :\
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1735 posts
179 upvotes
Edmonton
Total newbie so gimme a bit of a slack here, would this be a good buy for a DIY'er? I'm trying to slowly build up some common tools for home use and have started with the Ryobi grass trimmer/blower combo when we bought our new house. What other tools should be a must buy for home use.
Unknown wrote: Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1302 posts
1135 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Snowdawg2002 wrote: In store deal only. Tool only. $168 online, $67 in store. Thinking you will need a 4ah battery to get the most out of this saw. I saw this at the Edm S.Common location. Same price as the 6.5" circular saw.
EarthViews wrote: Great deal. They're all sold out in Ottawa. Also note, it's being replaced with the new brushless 7.5" model.
animous wrote: Regular price in Mtl, but thx OP. :\
For those interested in the brushless saw, and the other brushless tools, it may be worth keeping an eye on the clearance tables and shelf tags for these products. Back in 2019, I noticed a similar markdown on the P508 circular saw, P423 brushless angle grinder, P517 reciprocating saw and P450 brushless belt sander. I was able to get all of those for $67.20 each; it took a bit of checking the tables and aisles, along with the stock-check website and asking HD employees to check their internal computer system's pricing and stock levels.
Aug 25, 2019
631 posts
633 upvotes
No luck here Crying Face ..but Thanks for Posting...
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1203 posts
874 upvotes
Whitby
desertdeal wrote: Total newbie so gimme a bit of a slack here, would this be a good buy for a DIY'er? I'm trying to slowly build up some common tools for home use and have started with the Ryobi grass trimmer/blower combo when we bought our new house. What other tools should be a must buy for home use.
Yes, definitely. Made this last summer with circular saw, nails and hammer out of old kitchen cabinet pieces. Having a brad nailer would have made putting the pieces together easier though, looking out for a sale on that.
IMG_20200809_150653.jpg
Last edited by abshahul on Jun 2nd, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 7, 2006
580 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Snowdawg2002 wrote: Thinking you will need a 4ah battery to get the most out of this saw.
I've had this saw for a few years, it was a bonus with the drill/driver kit. Initially used it on the 1.3 ah batteries that came with the kit... was good enough from morning till about lunch cutting mostly 2x4's and some 2x6's on 1 battery building a shed. Note: I didn't cut non stop for 4 hours, just here and there as needed.

I got a 4ah hp+ over the years which works with the brushless tools better but I wouldn't say the hp+ or extra ah's have made it cut any better, just longer between charges.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1132 posts
582 upvotes
Oos @ all the stores close to me... That is a very hot price indeed.
I am eyeing the 6 1/2 one for almost the same price, don't really needed but still like to get it.
Oh well too bad so sad.
Mar 26, 2009
66 posts
21 upvotes
Ontario
desertdeal wrote: Total newbie so gimme a bit of a slack here, would this be a good buy for a DIY'er? I'm trying to slowly build up some common tools for home use and have started with the Ryobi grass trimmer/blower combo when we bought our new house. What other tools should be a must buy for home use.
Absolutely.

But think of this - the Brushless has blade on the left of the handle, and the regular has the blade on the right. I'm right handed - and the brushless was annoying to get working with. Had to change by brain from using my "left handed" saw (holding speed square with left hand - cutting with right. etc..)
Dec 17, 2017
103 posts
90 upvotes
It the default saw blade good enough for cutting wooden floor pieces? or I need to buy a notherblade with more teeth ?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2722 posts
1390 upvotes
Surrey
ogloprfd wrote: It the default saw blade good enough for cutting wooden floor pieces? or I need to buy a notherblade with more teeth ?
The saw is good for basic home stuff. If you need to cut pressure treated wood or 4x4, I don't recommend it.
Get a better blade, diablo 40teeth works great with this saw.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1735 posts
179 upvotes
Edmonton
timontario wrote: Absolutely.

But think of this - the Brushless has blade on the left of the handle, and the regular has the blade on the right. I'm right handed - and the brushless was annoying to get working with. Had to change by brain from using my "left handed" saw (holding speed square with left hand - cutting with right. etc..)
That's a good point to consider as well, thanks.
Unknown wrote: Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
Sep 11, 2011
30 posts
77 upvotes
DORVAL
ogloprfd wrote: It the default saw blade good enough for cutting wooden floor pieces? or I need to buy a notherblade with more teeth ?
I recently cut out a maple plank from the middle of the room that had cracked and it worked fine and cut cleanly, but I was cutting with the grain. I haven't tried against the grain, but as long as it's sharp, it should be fine. In any case the cutoffs are probably under a baseboard, no?

General comment, obviously the blade guard is plastic (it's transparent), but the upper casing is also plastic, just painted grey and i don't think this saw will last very long with abuse. Also, the main plate is a bit flimsy, so don't expect to get the most precise cuts. That being said, I picked this up on clearance (at Pointe-Claire a few months back), and definitely can't complain for the price. It has a lot more power than the brushed version I used in the past.