Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi One+ Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Kit + 2 Lithium Batteries 18V + Charger - $99

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Ryobi One+ Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Kit + 2 Lithium Batteries 18V + Charger - $99

Forgive me if this has been posted already, but I couldn't find it. I did a search and all I found were old threads for a $129 price and a $118 price. So, original price $149, then reduced to $129, then went on sale occasionally below that, but now $99 for Black Friday week. I'm glad I waited.

BTW, don't expect the batteries to have a long life span. The reason I bought this kit was to get new batteries and a new driver, as I already had the old NiMH set. The old driver did OK for half a dozen years but is now dying. The batteries haven't done as well. They last a few years with my light usage but someone using these regularly probably could kill the battery in less than 2 years. Luckily the warranty is 3 years, so keep your receipts folks.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.one- ... 51342.html

Ryobi One+ Cordless Drill and Impact Driver Kit + 2 Lithium Batteries 18V + Charger - $99

Model # P1832 Store SKU # 1000751342

RYOBI 18V ONE+ introduces lithium-ion performance at Ni-Cd prices. This kit is powered by new lithium-ion batteries, the very best value in lithium-ion performance. They hold a charge 4X longer, offer up to 20% more runtime and are 45% lighter weight than Ni-Cd batteries. Batteries stored on the IntelliPort charger are conditioned for peak performance. The drill features a ½ inch single sleeve, keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for easy bit changes. The drill/driver also features a 2-speed gear box and 24 position clutch to match your drilling and driving needs. The impact driver deliver 1,600 in-lbs of torque for the most demanding applications.

24 position clutch and 2-speed gear box to match your drilling and driving needs
1/2 in. heavy duty keyless chuck for quick easy bit changes
New and improved GRIPZONE™ overmold for optimum grip and user comfort
Delivers up to 1,600 in-lbs of torque for the most demanding applications • 1/4 in. Quick connect coupler for quick and easy bit changes
Cast aluminum gear housing for strength and durability
Belt clip mounts on both sides for ideal accessibility

At the same time I also picked up a Ryobi Driving Kit - 68 pieces for $19.97.

Last edited by EugW on Nov 29th, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
Oct 25, 2009
701 posts
215 upvotes
Calgary
worth it to just get 2 more batteries
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
83trekker wrote: worth it to just get 2 more batteries
Yeah, I probably wouldn't have bought it with just one battery. With 2 batteries it's a decent deal. I wonder why the batteries themselves almost never go on sale for a decent price. They're $60 apiece, and sometimes go down to maybe $50. Usually I'd just buy the batteries if they were $30 apiece. But instead, I needed to wait for these yearly sales and get the whole shebang for $99.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
I bought my Ryobi drill with 2 LiOn batteries for a great sale at $70, 5 years ago. Even using the drill quite a bit the batteries are both still going strong.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14471 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
EugW wrote: Yeah, I probably wouldn't have bought it with just one battery. With 2 batteries it's a decent deal. I wonder why the batteries themselves almost never go on sale for a decent price. They're $60 apiece, and sometimes go down to maybe $50. Usually I'd just buy the batteries if they were $30 apiece. But instead, I needed to wait for these yearly sales and get the whole shebang for $99.

I did see a 2 pack of lithium battles marked down to $54.99 which might be ymmv. But an option for those looking for just batteries. I've used Ryobi drills thru a whole house build recently for the stuff I've done myself and they've been great. I use Milwaukee M12's also when on a ladder and need lighter drills. Impact drill is super useful.

$99 is a solid price for these.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote: I did see a 2 pack of lithium battles marked down to $54.99 which might be ymmv. But an option for those looking for just batteries. I've used Ryobi drills thru a whole house build recently for the stuff I've done myself and they've been great. I use Milwaukee M12's also when on a ladder and need lighter drills. Impact drill is super useful.

$99 is a solid price for these.
I don't think I've ever seen the those compact batteries for $54.99 for a 2-pack. So yeah, maybe it was a last stock YMMV deal. At that price I'd get an extra 2-pack for sure.
Nov 1, 2008
826 posts
738 upvotes
Canada
I was going to get this kit as the price is pretty good but the batteries are pretty weak so I went ahead and got the Milwaukee M12 combo kit for $118 instead.
==================================================
Apr 13, 2016
166 posts
30 upvotes
is Ryobi as good a make as the bosch one on amazon for 99.?
As well could I use these batteries in older ryobi one tools, like from
4 or 5 yrs ago?
Thanks
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you only need batteries, the 2 pack 4Ah is a pretty good deal, the compact P102 packs are only 1.2Ah, so that's like getting almost 6.66 packs
The compacts witht the gauges are slightly better at 1.5Ah, still getting 5.33 packs

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v- ... 81583.html

For some reason, price won't display, but I remember it being $120 or so

Edit: 159$, so that's roughly 24$ per 1.2Ah compact pack
Last edited by Daijoubu on Nov 29th, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 30, 2010
341 posts
517 upvotes
No its not bosch quality but a home user will probably never outlast this set. For a home owner its BETTER for flexibility. You have access to their outdoor equipment etc. even the new ryobi lawn mower uses 2 18v batteries.

And yes this battery fits on older ryobi drills. They have never changed the connector i believe.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
doesn't show a price and cannot add to cart
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
HD website is down due to scheduled maintenance....who does that on a mid Tuesday lol?
Aug 10, 2003
431 posts
155 upvotes
Derick wrote: No its not bosch quality but a home user will probably never outlast this set. For a home owner its BETTER for flexibility. You have access to their outdoor equipment etc. even the new ryobi lawn mower uses 2 18v batteries.

And yes this battery fits on older ryobi drills. They have never changed the connector i believe.
i'm looking to get power tools - would Ryobi be a good brand to stick with? or are there others that are better? I would like to avoid owning different brands and having different batteries everywhere
Dec 8, 2008
14 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
If you do not need/want an impact driver I would recommend this kit instead, as it's only $120:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v- ... 51350.html

1. The main drill is more powerful (320 ft-lb torque, vs 132 ft-lbs), has LED light (kinda useful)
2. You get two higher capacity lithium+ batteries (1.5Ah vs 1.3Ah, which means you can use it longer, I find the built-in power indicator useful as well)
3. You get the new/faster charger (30min to charge)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2087 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have issues with these batteries, I bought this kit about 3 years ago and use the batteries for the drills, a leaf blower, and a circular saw.
I don't use these tools full time, though; I mostly use my 12v Bosch drill and impact driver since they're lighter.
Nov 1, 2008
826 posts
738 upvotes
Canada
dassub wrote: I don't have issues with these batteries, I bought this kit about 3 years ago and use the batteries for the drills, a leaf blower, and a circular saw.
I don't use these tools full time, though; I mostly use my 12v Bosch drill and impact driver since they're lighter.
LOL. Exactly my point. That's why I got the Milwaukee M12 combo set for $18 more and ditched my 5-year old Ryobi combo.
==================================================
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kimosabi wrote: If you do not need/want an impact driver I would recommend this kit instead, as it's only $120:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v- ... 51350.html

1. The main drill is more powerful (320 ft-lb torque, vs 132 ft-lbs), has LED light (kinda useful)
2. You get two higher capacity lithium+ batteries (1.5Ah vs 1.3Ah, which means you can use it longer, I find the built-in power indicator useful as well)
3. You get the new/faster charger (30min to charge)
An impact is quite useful once you own one.
I have the 30mins charger and I don't use it except on the large 4Ah battery and it may shortens the life of lower capacity packs due to high charging current
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: An impact is quite useful once you own one.
Indeed. A lot of DIYers don't know how much nicer it is use an impact driver than it is a drill, when dealing with screws. I know an older guy who did an entire deck with a drill and deck screws. Shortly after he finished he dropped by my place and was complaining of wrist pain, so I showed him my cheap Ryobi impact driver and described how it basically eliminates the cause of wrist pain in this scenario.
wroom wrote: I was going to get this kit as the price is pretty good but the batteries are pretty weak so I went ahead and got the Milwaukee M12 combo kit for $118 instead.
Is it really that much better? If so I'd consider returning my Ryobi set and getting the Milwaukee. However, I'm still leaning towards keeping the Ryobi as I still have some other batteries from my other Ryobi stuff that would fit it.
May 30, 2010
341 posts
517 upvotes
Ryobi is the line you should get. They are cheap, hardy and flexible. They have a impressive variety if tools avaliable that all take a single battery system. If your not a contractor where a faster drill or nail gun makes you more money than ryobi is great.

For example i wanted a cordless crown stapler. Ryobi was one of 3 companies that made one. The other guys wanted 500 for theirs and ryobi wanted 200. I use it everyday and works great. Doesnt fire rapid fire shots like the other brands but im not that fast anyways.
K2` wrote: i'm looking to get power tools - would Ryobi be a good brand to stick with? or are there others that are better? I would like to avoid owning different brands and having different batteries everywhere

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)