Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Ryobi P261 impact wrench $65.98 [$99.02 off][UPDATE - $41.25][UPDATE#2 - P261K kit $70 YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2022 10:03 am
Nov 24, 2020
557 posts
1224 upvotes
Tried to remove lug nut (80 punds torque) with Ryobi impact driver ($79 deal) with standard battery that comes with - no luck, change battery to Lithium+HP 6Ah - a few seconds struggling and lug nut removed :)
Lithium+HP 6Ah battery gives more power that standard battery. It was doable, but impact driver was trying hard, it is not designed for this kind of work, so impact wrench is highly preferable.
Looking for Ryobi brushless impact wrench on sale...
Sep 14, 2020
58 posts
74 upvotes
Hauntednsk wrote: Tried to remove lug nut (80 punds torque) with Ryobi impact driver ($79 deal) with standard battery that comes with - no luck, change battery to Lithium+HP 6Ah - a few seconds struggling and lug nut removed :)
Lithium+HP 6Ah battery gives more power that standard battery. It was doable, but impact driver was trying hard, it is not designed for this kind of work, so impact wrench is highly preferable.
Looking for Ryobi brushless impact wrench on sale...
I was able to remove lug nuts with the same driver + 1.5AH battery (torqued to 80 ft-lb). It took some 5-6 seconds to remove (acceptable).
I won't be using my driver to remove lug nuts, I already have a corded impact wrench.
Jan 16, 2013
285 posts
410 upvotes
Calgary
Chewfam wrote: Good luck. It's hit or miss. Mine got rejected today (this morning).
Who do I need to avoid? Lol
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2668 posts
2556 upvotes
speeed wrote: Who do I need to avoid? Lol
Grace. Asian lady with glasses and another one of her supervisors (Lady, longer straight hair, that's all I'm allowed to say) Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 16, 2013
285 posts
410 upvotes
Calgary
Chewfam wrote: Grace. Asian lady with glasses and another one of her supervisors (Lady, longer straight hair, that's all I'm allowed to say) Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Thanks man omw now. Will report back.

Edit: It was a success! Didn’t see either of them at the return desk today. The lady did inform me that she’s going to do it this time only but normally not allowed to price adjust from other stores.
Oct 23, 2021
10 posts
5 upvotes
Markham north has stock but listed at $115. Also the kit with 4Ah battery available for $149. If I going to buy it, I guess it's better to get the kit?
Aug 25, 2020
246 posts
57 upvotes
oshawa
i got it shipped to the oshawa store and told them the price adjustments. they adjusted the price.
Jun 30, 2019
2 posts
Have been searching to get the right tool for changing winter/summer tires and other stuff. Drill driver not powerful enough for lug nut. Impact driver may over tighten the lug nut. Then how an impact wrench doesn't over tighten?
I rather getting an impact driver so that I can use for other purposes too.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18602 posts
5434 upvotes
Scarberia
kiasu wrote: How do u get google tv for $43? I just tried and $53
did u try staples or walmart? has to be free shipping and no tips = 43$ bucks at staples
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 23, 2021
10 posts
5 upvotes
hch1991 wrote: Have been searching to get the right tool for changing winter/summer tires and other stuff. Drill driver not powerful enough for lug nut. Impact driver may over tighten the lug nut. Then how an impact wrench doesn't over tighten?
You should use a torque wrench to tighten the lug nuts to spec. Impact wrench to remove the lug nuts quickly.
Nov 4, 2009
96 posts
22 upvotes
Is there a way to find out which stores are selling for $41.25

Anywhere GTA west?

Mississauga? Brampton?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2668 posts
2556 upvotes
DealzDealer wrote: Is there a way to find out which stores are selling for $41.25

Anywhere GTA west?

Mississauga? Brampton?
There's a search function to search this thread at the top. Then you can see what people posted for those locations and even receipts posted.
You'll find your answers in these links:

search.php?keywords=Mississauga&t=2509148
search.php?keywords=Brampton&t=2509148
Jul 27, 2021
108 posts
44 upvotes
hch1991 wrote: Have been searching to get the right tool for changing winter/summer tires and other stuff. Drill driver not powerful enough for lug nut. Impact driver may over tighten the lug nut. Then how an impact wrench doesn't over tighten?
Images
  • upload.jpg
Oct 24, 2017
202 posts
198 upvotes
I don't know why I want this so badly but I do, so I'm going to try this buy and return trick all you other folk have succeeded with.
Mar 8, 2006
897 posts
989 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I haven't had much luck trying the pickup order approach for KW - they're all coming up just over $100. If you have any luck in town anywhere let me know? Looks like some locations still have stock around, just not at the price I'm hoping for haha
Buy it from Gateway, drive over to Hespler and do a return/rebuy at $41
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18602 posts
5434 upvotes
Scarberia
JasonTTL wrote: I don't know why I want this so badly but I do, so I'm going to try this buy and return trick all you other folk have succeeded with.
i don't think u can get a cheaper 1/2 in impact wrench at this price! its only 40 bucks! will easily do lugnutz! get a 60$ hp 6ah battery to pair with it and its no brainer esp if u have other ryobi tools
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2273 posts
2746 upvotes
Toronto
petah wrote: Buy it from Gateway, drive over to Hespler and do a return/rebuy at $41
Do you just do the return/rebuy at customer service? Or do you have to return it, wait for it to go back on the shelf and then rebuy it?
Nothing to see here folks...
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1027 posts
151 upvotes
This 1/2 inch impact is very powerful, a general warning upon removing lug nuts is, some nuts are hybrid it could be steel nuts wrapped with stainless steel skin, this impact drive may just ruin the "skin" - I had my lessons learnt and had to buy a few of new nuts from dealer again.
Now I always use a 1/2 inch breaker bar to manually loose them first, then use the drive to undone 'em. When I have to tight again, I set the drive at lower torque, drive the buts almost there, then use the torque wrench with the proper pre-setting to make it final.
- All in all, if you have a rusted or ceased nut, you may add some WD40 then use this impact drive to get it off - chances are that you will need a new nut LoL
Mar 8, 2006
897 posts
989 upvotes
loonieryan wrote: Do you just do the return/rebuy at customer service? Or do you have to return it, wait for it to go back on the shelf and then rebuy it?
It’s done right there at customer service counter.

Worse case they wont do it (highly unlikely) and you return it for full refund.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2273 posts
2746 upvotes
Toronto
petah wrote: It’s done right there at customer service counter.

Worse case they wont do it (highly unlikely) and you return it for full refund.
Picked it up at $115 and going to try today. If they don't do it then I'll take it to another location and try again.
Nothing to see here folks...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)