Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

RYOBI Promotion: Free Bare Tool (Up to $134 Value)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 8:23 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2020
563 posts
1237 upvotes

[Home Depot] RYOBI Promotion: Free Bare Tool (Up to $134 Value)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... i/19g9-irt
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... offer.html

Buy a Kit & Get a Free Bare Tool.
Take advantage of this exclusive offer by adding a Ryobi kit and your choice of FREE bare tool to your shopping cart. Ends February 2, 2022
Images
  • Screen Shot 12-20-21 at 08.38 PM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 12-20-21 at 08.40 PM.PNG
31 replies
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2017
379 posts
470 upvotes
Whitby
So this time we need to buy the battery and then I can get a free tool? Usually it's the other way around.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 24, 2007
3372 posts
729 upvotes
North York
I want a battery and charger - don't really need a tool, what is the cheapest price for a battery and tool?
Member
Jan 23, 2007
287 posts
301 upvotes
London
that saw in the combo can BARELY cut a 2x4... like, shallow blade... go for the batteries folks
Member
User avatar
Jul 23, 2007
251 posts
302 upvotes
Montreal
Is it possible to return the free tool for $ like other Ryobi deals in the past? or return just the kit and keep the free tool?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 12, 2007
985 posts
643 upvotes
sky1213 wrote: Is it possible to return the free tool for $ like other Ryobi deals in the past? or return just the kit and keep the free tool?
I’m hoping that’s the case. Worked for me in past promos like this.
Newbie
Dec 27, 2011
59 posts
41 upvotes
Cole Harbour
Isn’t this the same deal that’s been out for a few months now or is this updated?

I was thinking about this but the battery price is more than getting two HP lithium 4ah at $99.

I’ve been waiting on a sale for months to pickup the jigsaw but deals haven’t changed in what seems like forever.
Jr. Member
Sep 11, 2013
187 posts
189 upvotes
Vaughan
I was thinking about getting the drill and circular saw + a jig saw.

Im a milwaukee guy and I'm not really sure how good of a deal these are.

Anyone know how a m18 milwaukee circular is vs the ryobi 18V?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 25, 2004
6346 posts
5778 upvotes
Ottawa
edge1986 wrote: I was thinking about getting the drill and circular saw + a jig saw.

Im a milwaukee guy and I'm not really sure how good of a deal these are.

Anyone know how a m18 milwaukee circular is vs the ryobi 18V?
Depends on the saw you are comparing it to.
The brushless circular saw is great, tbh. Built a deck with it last summer.
The el cheapo circular saw with the small blade? Probably crappy.

Milwaukee is def upper tier. Side note: Buddy of mine brought his milwaukee tools over to help build the deck. He ended up switching to my Ryobi as it was driving faster LOL. (Purely anecdotal).
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
19704 posts
2434 upvotes
If you already have the ecosystem and chargers then this is not really a good deal because you can buy 2 batters *without* the charger for $99 - $109 regularly. So you're paying $30+ here for a charger you don't need, which eats into the free tool promotion.

I would like to see a promotion that covered the 9MAH battery - that is what I want
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1275 posts
514 upvotes
Markham
I thought the deal here is to return one of the purchased or free item(s) to get a partial refund? This can potentially make it about half of the regular price, depending on the items.
brunes wrote: If you already have the ecosystem and chargers then this is not really a good deal because you can buy 2 batters *without* the charger for $99 - $109 regularly. So you're paying $30+ here for a charger you don't need, which eats into the free tool promotion.

I would like to see a promotion that covered the 9MAH battery - that is what I want
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
19704 posts
2434 upvotes
theastroboy wrote: I thought the deal here is to return one of the purchased or free item(s) to get a partial refund? This can potentially make it about half of the regular price, depending on the items.
Usually you can only return the "free item". So you can buy batteries + charger (that you likely don't need) and maybe get 30-40 bucks off... which makes it the same as just buying the batteries anyway. Thats my point.

IE - This is a very good deal to get into the ecosystem, its not so much if you just want batteries, because you need to buy a charger you don't need.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Newbie
Apr 17, 2012
2 posts
This might be a redundant question, but I am very new to these types of deals. Can I buy the item, get the free bare tool. then return the paid for item and keep the tool?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2005
2098 posts
158 upvotes
adnan.zamir99 wrote: This might be a redundant question, but I am very new to these types of deals. Can I buy the item, get the free bare tool. then return the paid for item and keep the tool?
You can keep the "paid" item and return the "free" item" if that make it easier for you.
The "free" item has some value when you return it.
Member
Oct 10, 2012
239 posts
104 upvotes
adnan.zamir99 wrote: This might be a redundant question, but I am very new to these types of deals. Can I buy the item, get the free bare tool. then return the paid for item and keep the tool?
This is YMMV as last year I was denied in multiple stores to be able to return the "free" item, even though on the receipt there is a refund value attached to it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31659 posts
12965 upvotes
sky1213 wrote: Is it possible to return the free tool for $ like other Ryobi deals in the past? or return just the kit and keep the free tool?
Yes but you can't keep the "free" tool...for free. Each UPC has it's own return value. Depending on what free tool you pick, the RVs will change. Either way you will get a substantial discount on whichever item you are keeping.
MacGeek83 wrote: Isn’t this the same deal that’s been out for a few months now or is this updated?

I was thinking about this but the battery price is more than getting two HP lithium 4ah at $99.

I’ve been waiting on a sale for months to pickup the jigsaw but deals haven’t changed in what seems like forever.
Where did you see two 4.0 HP for $99? They're currently $129. That's still a good price mind you, just wondering where you've seen them for cheaper?
K85 wrote: that saw in the combo can BARELY cut a 2x4... like, shallow blade... go for the batteries folks
This is why it's best to buy only brushless-drive tools, esp. ones that are going to be under a lot of load and require a lot of power. Unfortunately none of these tools here are brushless. However it doesn't make them all bad. The jigsaw, multi-tool, sander, impact driver, etc...these are all okay tools despite not being higher-end brushless/HP tools. Also some like the lights, fans, soldering iron, these are where brushless isn't needed or isn't applicable at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2153 posts
2152 upvotes
Ottawa
K85 wrote: that saw in the combo can BARELY cut a 2x4... like, shallow blade... go for the batteries folks
"Barely" but still can unless you are going for angles. Someone without a saw could very well find it useful if they don't also have the other tools. I have built planters (including 4x4s with two passes) and used it for the majority of framing a bathroom.

Top