Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

RYOBI Promotion: Free Bare Tool (Up to $134 Value)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 8:23 pm
Jan 23, 2007
287 posts
301 upvotes
London
oh I know, got one myself, just was advising that some people don't know the depth of project wood they're going to aim to cut, or skills enough to do what you did flipping the 4x4 and accurately cutting
cloak wrote: "Barely" but still can unless you are going for angles. Someone without a saw could very well find it useful if they don't also have the other tools. I have built planters (including 4x4s with two passes) and used it for the majority of framing a bathroom.
Mar 14, 2013
18 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote: Yes but you can't keep the "free" tool...for free. Each UPC has it's own return value. Depending on what free tool you pick, the RVs will change. Either way you will get a substantial discount on whichever item you are keeping.
Is there a way to know the return value of the combos ? I need bare tools and wondering how much it will lower the price if I return the battery kit or combo.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31711 posts
13046 upvotes
etronpoilu wrote: Is there a way to know the return value of the combos ? I need bare tools and wondering how much it will lower the price if I return the battery kit or combo.
Which tool(s) are you looking at?
Mar 14, 2013
18 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
etronpoilu wrote: Is there a way to know the return value of the combos ? I need bare tools and wondering how much it will lower the price if I return the battery kit or combo.
Ok figured out it's a prorata so it depends on the "Free" Tool price
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31711 posts
13046 upvotes
etronpoilu wrote: Ok figured out it's a prorata so it depends on the "Free" Tool price
Yes. If you want to just tell me the tools you want to buy I can quickly give you the RVs...
Dec 8, 2009
93 posts
100 upvotes
Pierrefonds
Dang. I wish this deal was around when I bought my drills. Sweet deal OP.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31711 posts
13046 upvotes
Banane wrote: Dang. I wish this deal was around when I bought my drills. Sweet deal OP.
There have been better deals in the past though, like the Charged Up! promo (and other similar promos coming around a couple times/year). Also not sure when you bought your drills but this has been on for some time now, it's just they added some more tools to the "free" side now, including some brushless ones.
Jul 4, 2018
662 posts
514 upvotes
Dang the kit seems expensive. Was looking at the free jigsaw until i saw the kit pricing $168.

I guess pricing "dead"?
Put some resphek on my name!
Aug 7, 2014
87 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
I have nothing and would like to try Ryobi. Is it better to start with this promotion or something like this kit ?
Sep 11, 2013
188 posts
189 upvotes
Vaughan
dsbmac wrote: I have nothing and would like to try Ryobi. Is it better to start with this promotion or something like this kit ?
It really depends on what you need to do. Now that I have a multi tool, I'm in love with them. But does the average person need a sawzall?
Maybe you use your drills more, in which case go brushless....

Basically buy what you need or cold see yourself using.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31711 posts
13046 upvotes
dsbmac wrote: I have nothing and would like to try Ryobi. Is it better to start with this promotion or something like this kit ?
Just as FYI this kit has been in promo before where you got the HP Brushless blower (Ryobi's most powerful 18V blower) as bonus/free item; and that's a $170 bare tool item.

The kit is not bad, they're Ryobi brushed tools so not the greatest stuff but you do get a lot of tools in there. However unless you need this stuff now, I'd wait for a sale or promo like the one above. Even if don't want the blower (or whatever free thing they give) you can return that and significantly lower the $328 price for the kit.

Also various clearance deals have been better than buying that brushed kit at full $328 price.
Jan 13, 2017
747 posts
320 upvotes
If I were to buy the charger kit and get the angle grinder for free, and I decide to return the charger kit and keep the grinder, does anybody know how much I will get back in return? Does somebody have the breakdown of the return and how much the tool would cost me? tks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)