• Sep 4th, 2021 11:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3642 posts
7043 upvotes
Laval

[Home Depot] Ryobi Tool 18 v clearance 50% retail price (older models) YMMV

My HD in Laval has all older models of Ryobi Tool 18 v on clearance at 50% retail price (older models) YMMV

HP Brushless Cordless are not on sale

50% discount is given at the cash by the cashier as per discount sticker on item

bought the 1/2 kit for $75 and the drill/ saw combo for $64

Images
  • IMG_20210902_134806093_HDR.jpg
  • IMG_20210902_134609800.jpg
  • IMG_20210902_134552518.jpg
Last edited by 2Riskit on Sep 2nd, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1449 posts
378 upvotes
What are the prices? Only these three tools?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3642 posts
7043 upvotes
Laval
HaZaRd wrote: What are the prices? Only these three tools?
basically all the non HP Brushless Cordless are 50% off, to many items to list and it depends on each store inventor, the employee said Ryobi warehouse sent out tons of stock to stores to clear out there warehouse of old non HP Brushless Cordless models .

I just bought the items I need.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2172 posts
860 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Whats the difference between both Impact Wrench?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1984 posts
452 upvotes
toronto
rabbitdog wrote: I bought a set of the brushless impact wrench but had to return it because all my sockets are metric and Ryobi uses SAE sockets. Quite disappointed.
Will probably buy one again after I get SAE sockets.
Oh I always thought all wrenchs can use both.
Sep 25, 2011
135 posts
57 upvotes
Mississauga
rabbitdog wrote: I bought a set of the brushless impact wrench but had to return it because all my sockets are metric and Ryobi uses SAE sockets. Quite disappointed.
Don't understand your comment. One end of a socket goes into the impact wrench. This is either 3/8" or 1/2" square. The opposite end of a socket is what goes into the bolts that need to driven in or removed. This end can be either metric or SAE. Thus, a Ryobi 1/2" impact wrench will take both metric and SAE sockets provided the power receiving end is 1/2" square.
Last edited by ecast2000 on Sep 2nd, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5724 posts
3233 upvotes
Toronto
chrisanthony14 wrote: Oh I always thought all wrenchs can use both.
First timing hearing 1/2" impact driver comes in 2 versions. So what's the metric version, 12/13mm impact driver?
Jul 7, 2018
20 posts
6 upvotes
Yup first time I hear of that as well 1/2" is a 1/2" . I could be wrong but I don't think so as I have the 1/2" impact driver and it fits all my SAE and metric sockets.
Aug 25, 2011
272 posts
284 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Never heard of metric impact driver/wrench Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3642 posts
7043 upvotes
Laval
just the battery charger are different impacts are the same, bought both because I can use the extra charger and 4amp battery which is well worth the price, will most likely will give the extra impact to my nephew to use with a 2 amp battery .
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1661 posts
639 upvotes
Montreal
great find was lookin for the saw! the HD in Laval always has good discounts in their clearance sections... haven't seen this in any other HD in mtl...
Sep 21, 2019
282 posts
582 upvotes
rabbitdog wrote: To be specific I bought this model

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001599491 which is an impact wrench not an impact driver. Impact driver you can use your own sockets.
The tip on this impact wrench only fits impact rated sockets that are SAE. Confirmed with ryobi support.
I tried my Mastercraft impact sockets which are rated metric and they don’t go on. Also the non impact rated sockets also can’t fit. Had a Home Depot staff show me which could go on.
This makes zero sense, metric or SAE has no impact on whether sockets are compatible with the tool, as long as they are 1/2 drive they will work. Many many comments in the reviews mention using metric sizes. If what you are saying is true then half the comments would be 1 star saying metric sockets do not work.
Jun 18, 2005
321 posts
1142 upvotes

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001599491 which is an impact wrench not an impact driver. Impact driver you can use your own sockets.
The tip on this impact wrench only fits impact rated sockets that are SAE. Confirmed with ryobi support.
I tried my Mastercraft impact sockets which are rated metric and they don’t go on. Also the non impact rated sockets also can’t fit. Had a Home Depot staff show me which could go on.
All sockets, metric or SAE, regardless of what part of the world you live in, use the same drive sizes. That 1/2" Ryobi wrench you bought will fit any 1/2" drive metric socket. Did you buy the pin detent model? If the pin is stubborn it could be a bitch to get the socket on.
May 14, 2013
87 posts
157 upvotes
rabbitdog wrote: That’s what I though until I physically brought my sockets to HD to try out. Only the husky impact sockets they had there worked. Ryobi also sent me a link to the husky impact sockets and they specifically say SAE.
So it beats me. I really wanted the tool cause it was rated at 600ft/lbs.
I checked the calendar…Not April 1. So I’m just…huh??!!?! I think there’s a misunderstanding in here somewhere.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3642 posts
7043 upvotes
Laval
dingus wrote:
All sockets, metric or SAE, regardless of what part of the world you live in, use the same drive sizes. That 1/2" Ryobi wrench you bought will fit any 1/2" drive metric socket. Did you buy the pin detent model? If the pin is stubborn it could be a bitch to get the socket on.
rabbitdog wrote: That’s what I though until I physically brought my sockets to HD to try out. Only the husky impact sockets they had there worked. Ryobi also sent me a link to the husky impact sockets and they specifically say SAE.
So it beats me. I really wanted the tool cause it was rated at 600ft/lbs.
tried my mastercaft and my snap-on sockets and both are a good fit, May be it was the sockets you have are the issue ? also if this was true someone would have noted in all the reviews on .com .ca and Amazom for the tool.

Apr 24, 2018
88 posts
54 upvotes

I have the same one. Mine works with both metric and sae
not sure what the problem is that you are having very strange though.
just used my ryobi with a 21 mm socket to take the wheels off and on my van
Mar 20, 2005
449 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
Who is going to be a hero and build a list of the tools on discount with stocktrack.ca links? ;)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29741 posts
10462 upvotes
LOL what?
chrisanthony14 wrote: Oh I always thought all wrenchs can use both.
They can/do. This guy above is just not feeling alright I think.
Jan 24, 2011
521 posts
353 upvotes
Montreal
Thank OP scored two combo kits (saw and drill) and a vacuum for 89$ +bat kit even I've bought one for 99$ some weeks ago, will return bat to lower vacuumto sweet $44. Ended up with this cart. Hesitated to buy the Dewalt compound saw 12" on sold for 299$, too big for my garage.
Images
  • received_526625708420816.jpeg
Last edited by nicknam4e on Sep 2nd, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------
Public Mobile : Unlimited talk and text, 2GB - 22$
Zoomer Wireless : Unlimited, 6 GB - 40$ (free P30 Lite, 100$ credit)
IVC Cable : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$