• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 12:47 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2002
693 posts
172 upvotes
Kelowna

[Home Depot] Samsung Washer/Dryer Combo (PM costco) $1695 all in

So Costco has this set for $1,679.99 pre-tax, shipping included.

Home Depot has the washer and dryer on for $998.00 and $898.00 respectively, for a total of $1896.00... plus they charge for shipping.

The guy at HD pricematched the set for $1512 and didn't charge for shipping. The after tax total was $1695.92.

It's not an amazing deal or anything, but these are very well reviewed units... and it's better than you'd do waiting for a 10% day at HD.

Washer 5.8 cu.ft, Model: WA50M7450AP
Dryer 7.5 cu. ft, Model: DVE50M7450P
49 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4470 posts
3047 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
A little off topic. Do you guys prefer top load or side load washers? Is there actually a difference in washing?
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3761 posts
4417 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
bomber17 wrote: A little off topic. Do you guys prefer top load or side load washers? Is there actually a difference in washing?
side load generally means the door is closed most of the time and then it begins to stink. top loaders you can leave the door open more easily
Apr 13, 2017
138 posts
107 upvotes
Winnipeg
sonyHdr12 wrote: Samsung appliance = no
You know it generally helps prove your point/makes you look slightly less stupid if you elaborate why
[OP]
Nov 25, 2002
693 posts
172 upvotes
Kelowna
bomber17 wrote: A little off topic. Do you guys prefer top load or side load washers? Is there actually a difference in washing?
Top load is just easier to get stuff in and out of... also the door thing already mentioned. Never had a problem with any style machine actually getting my clothes clean though.
sonyHdr12 wrote: Samsung appliance = no
I think it's better to take it on a model by model basis rather than disregard a whole brand. Especially a brand with so many models... they're not all going to be the same. Samsung probably makes some junk, but they would appear to make decent units too. For instance, consumer reports top 2 front loader washing machines are Samsung. Their second recommended three-door fridge is Samsung. Pick and choose I say.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9056 posts
53896 upvotes
Ontario
I bought a front load washer and it's a pain to clean. Molds are forming and it's starting to smell inside. I will only buy top loaders from now on
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Jan 8, 2017
168 posts
93 upvotes
Front load is less damaging to clothes because it's less aggressive. Clothes also come out way drier, which is great for things you don't put in the dryer because they'll air dry faster than clothes out of a top loader. I doubt there is a difference in cleaning performance since detergent is the biggest factor there.

Very easy to keep from smelling bad--just leave the door ajar when not in use. I've been using front load washers for over a decade and never once have I shut the door except when the washer is in use. Never had smells or a moldy seal.
Sep 9, 2013
584 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Front load washers will clean better, faster rpm spin, and generally be more efficient (water and electricity) and most are stackable, but you will have to deal with changing the door gasket eventually.
But personally I prefer the top load kind.
Apr 28, 2008
241 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought a washer last week but doing some research they said that front load washers are usually cleaner, top load clothes sit at the top and turn instead of front load where it spins around.

Front load washers I find are generally quieter but probably just comes down to preference.

One thing I did note with my mechanic that fixes all my appliances is he told me to stay away from LG and Samsung because their parts are very hard to get. LG's stuff is all proprietary so unless you buy a long ass warranty those repairs are very expensive.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2059 posts
1098 upvotes
Montreal
There is no comparison between the cleaning power of a front load and a top load. Almost every study on the matter in existence shows that front loads clean drastically better.

But if you insist on buying this, why don't you price match with Rona or Reno Depot and get an extra 10% off?
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Sep 9, 2013
584 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
smirnoff wrote: Image

So Costco has this set for $1,679.99 pre-tax, shipping included.

Home Depot has the washer and dryer on for $998.00 and $898.00 respectively, for a total of $1896.00... plus they charge for shipping.

The guy at HD pricematched the set for $1512 and didn't charge for shipping. The after tax total was $1695.92.

It's not an amazing deal or anything, but these are very well reviewed units... and it's better than you'd do waiting for a 10% day at HD.

Washer 5.8 cu.ft, Model: WA50M7450AP
Dryer 7.5 cu. ft, Model: DVE50M7450P
I noticed Costco and HD serial numbers are not the same? How did you manage to get a price match?
Aug 22, 2005
918 posts
152 upvotes
Brampton
Djb990 wrote: Front load is less damaging to clothes because it's less aggressive. Clothes also come out way drier, which is great for things you don't put in the dryer because they'll air dry faster than clothes out of a top loader. I doubt there is a difference in cleaning performance since detergent is the biggest factor there.

Very easy to keep from smelling bad--just leave the door ajar when not in use. I've been using front load washers for over a decade and never once have I shut the door except when the washer is in use. Never had smells or a moldy seal.
Doesn't the light that stays on bug you then?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1783 posts
252 upvotes
djrobinn wrote: Doesn't the light that stays on bug you then?
The dryer has a light, not the washer... at least no washer I've experienced.

My LG washer even has a magnetic stop to keep the door open ~2 inches. Never have a mold issue.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2344 posts
789 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
hulk007 wrote: I noticed Costco and HD serial numbers are not the same? How did you manage to get a price match?
HD seems to be on a program to pickup people hunting for major appliances left out in the cold by the departure of Sears. I will have to fill a new house with appliances in the next couple of months so I have been back to HD half dozen times recently. The floor guy in appliances is offering up price matching and deals and free shipping based on whatever I tell him someone else is offering. He doesn't seem to care about exact models, just making the sale.