[Home Depot] Samsung Washer/Dryer Combo (PM costco) $1695 all in

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 12:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9063 posts
53932 upvotes
Ontario
nadrojcote wrote: You're supposed to leave the washer door open on a front load.
Yeah, just realized that after It starts to mold.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3706 posts
2813 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been using LG front load laundry machines for the past 11 years (3 different models, 1 year currently and 5 years for the previous 2 models) and always keeping the washer door either wide open overnight after a wash or slightly ajar during the day when there are traffic around. No issues whatsoever with any of the machines. No problems with mold but it used to smell during washing cycles even with regular rubber seal and filter cleaning. I found that by adding a little bit of Borax powder to the clothes it has eliminated most of the smell and kept the rubber seal quite clean. No light in any of the washers so you can keep the door open without wasting electricity.

A box of 20-mule Borax 2kg at CT costs about $6 and lasts for about half a year. I use the minimum amount of Costco Ecos HE liquid detergent. The smell usually comes from undissolved soap and the borax helps to dissolve the soap more efficiently. The Borax has been the best help in controlling the smell and keeping the rubber seal clean.
Jan 28, 2014
623 posts
234 upvotes
I wouldn't recommend Samsung appliances either.

I own the white model from Costco and while they work ok there were several issues.

First of all the dryer was making a strange noise and I called Samsung and they had a tech come out and fix it.

Then the next thing was the washing machine was recalled for exploding (not joking) and some people actually got hurt.

I had another technician come in and repair the appliance and support it. I asked will this prevent it from exploding. He said no but if it explodes it will explode sideways instead of upward into the ceiling.

I've also had Samsung TVs die on me but that's another story for another day.
Jan 18, 2012
805 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: Samsung appliance = no
Have a Samsung gas stove and a fridge. Not even 5 years old. All the knobs in the stove is either broken or partially broken, not durable at all. The seal on the oven where the door closes came out. I had to buy one and install it myself.

The fridge: couple of shelves cracked and broke, the ice maker frosts big time now that ice doesn't get made cos the system thinks ice is full.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16940 posts
6110 upvotes
RobertL059 wrote: You know it generally helps prove your point/makes you look slightly less stupid if you elaborate why
I agree but it took many replies from many posters to paint the grim picture
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1735 posts
1501 upvotes
Unless you buy online, you never ever pay what the ticket says. you can always get it cheaper. Be it best buy, sears, trail, home depot, etc. Just like buying a car.
Oct 18, 2015
258 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My Samsung washer also died in 2 yrs. Fortunately I bought extended warranty, but it's still a pain.

Not that I have lots of experiences, but my old Whirlpool lasted 8+ years...
Jul 21, 2009
273 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
Probably in the minority here but I've had a Samsung front loader washer and dryersfor 7 years now and the only problem with either was the heating element ($300 total including labor) went on the dryer about a year ago, very happy otherwise.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14927 posts
15824 upvotes
Oakville
Previous house we had a Maytag front loader and no issues in 8 years. We now have a Whirlpool top loader that's about 10 years old and no issues. Wife wants to go front loader for convenience, better cleaning, and being more gentle. I'm OK with that since it'll use less water. Considering LG from costco.
Sep 9, 2013
584 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Tried to price match and was denied.
Apr 2, 2015
318 posts
424 upvotes
Siberia
Had a Samsung top loader that got recalled, had to buy another Samsung to get their rebate so got a front loader.

After less then a week it started making a dreadful mechanical grind noise so they came out and just replaced it... the new one would shake like crazy even though it was on level ground and the machine itself was level and calibrated when installed. They sent a tech out and he verified the machine was installed correctly so they took the machine away and I bought an LG top loader, it cost a little more but has never missed a beat.

Never buying a Samsung appliance again.
Aug 25, 2013
319 posts
354 upvotes
bomber17 wrote: A little off topic. Do you guys prefer top load or side load washers? Is there actually a difference in washing?
In my experience, front-load usually cleans clothes better. Also my last two top-loads caused damages to my clothing, whereas front is not a problem. Could've just been two isolated incidents, but enough to make me stay away from top.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
1989 posts
1675 upvotes
Winnipeg
sonyHdr12 wrote: Samsung appliance = no
Strange you say that. I have washer/dryer/stove Samsung brand for years with 0 problems. I also had Kenmore (samsung made) washer/dryer previous with 0 issues.

I think what it comes down to is specific models with each brand.
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"