[Home Depot] Samsung Washer/Dryer Combo (PM costco) $1695 all in

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 12:47 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4692 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
window shopper wrote: Strange you say that. I have washer/dryer/stove Samsung brand for years with 0 problems. I also had Kenmore (samsung made) washer/dryer previous with 0 issues.

I think what it comes down to is specific models with each brand.
lucky you
Apr 2, 2015
318 posts
424 upvotes
Siberia
window shopper wrote: Strange you say that. I have washer/dryer/stove Samsung brand for years with 0 problems. I also had Kenmore (samsung made) washer/dryer previous with 0 issues.

I think what it comes down to is specific models with each brand.
Werent kenmore washers rebranded whirlpool for sears?
Oct 12, 2017
4 posts
Check Consumer Reports statistics on reliability, Samsung is pretty bad on washers reliability. LG is better.
But I cant say for this model in particular.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14872 posts
15721 upvotes
Oakville
bhushh009 wrote: Did you guys try at BRICK? I heard brick is pretty aggressive in negotiation.

http://www.thebrick.com/product/package ... 53/1962623

This model one of my friend bought it for around $1400
For what it's worth, consumer reports says they wash and dry well.
Washer Scorecard
Washing performance - Excellent
Energy efficiency - Excellent
Water efficiency - Excellent
Gentleness - Excellent
Noise - Very Good
Vibration - Very Good

Dryer Scorecard
Drying performance - Very Good
Convenience- Excellent
Noise- Very Good

No user reviews for the dryer, but here's some of the washer reviews.
Was a great washer until 11 months in
Submitted 14 days ago By Almo1977 From Ontario
Washer was great for the first 11 months. Couldn't find a bad review from anyone. Recently my washer started to give "oil" like stains on my clothing as well it became very rough on my wash. Turns out I needed a new drum. Technician advised my unit wasn't built properly. Had that replaced to notice my washer was leaking. My add wash door hinge had disintegrated and the door was about to fall off. Turns out the seal wasn't placed on properly which caused water to enter.

I will never buy another Samsung
Submitted 3 months ago By Mardeen From Colorado Springs Verified Reviewer
Has ruined over $1000 of knit clothing - causes pulls in anything knit/jersey. Had a technician come - he couldn't feel any sharp edges but did not take anything apart. Samsung states there is nothing wrong with washer. I've been doing laundry for 40 years and never had this type of issue. Clothes washed on gentle cycle.

GREAT WASHER BUT HAS FLAW IN CONTROL PANEL WHEN ADDING STEAM
Submitted 10 months ago By JOCK From WINSTON SALEM NC
WASHES CLOTHS GREAT. THERE IS A FLAW IN THE CONTROL PANEL TIME WHEN YOU ADD OR DESELECT STEAM TO A CYCLE. THE AMOUNT OF TIME DISPLAYED TO COMPLETE CYCLE GETS WAY OFF AND USES A LOT MORE TIME AND WATER TO COMPLETE CYCLE. SAMSUNG ACKNOWLEDGES THE PROBLEM, BUT DOESN'T WANT TO SEEM TO FIX IT.

Overall washer reliability ratings.

Overall drying reliability ratings.