Hot Deals

Home Depot

schlage camelot keypad deadbolt - $89 with Price Match at HD, Also Touch Keypad for $94.50 (reg $189.90)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 8:14 pm
[OP]
Dec 22, 2011
611 posts
795 upvotes

[Home Depot] schlage camelot keypad deadbolt - $89 with Price Match at HD, Also Touch Keypad for $94.50 (reg $189.90)

Schlage Camelot keypad is $99 in Home Hardware flyer https://prnt.sc/24tcip2

You can price match it at HomeDepot for extra 10% off, comes around $89.

Also Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolt THIS OEN is $94 in-store (receipt is attached) https://prnt.sc/24tctqo
:D
73 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5964 posts
6176 upvotes
Vancouver
I see $99 on the HH web site. Good price. This model has ANSI grade 2 security, slightly better than the basic cheap units, and the battery lasts a long time because it uses a manual-turn knob instead of a motor. On the other hand it has a notorious fault where a pin pops loose internally, preventing the knob from engaging, and you have to dismount it and open it up to fix.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1393 posts
976 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: I see $99 on the HH web site. Good price. This model has ANSI grade 2 security, slightly better than the basic cheap units, and the battery lasts a long time because it uses a manual-turn knob instead of a motor. On the other hand it has a notorious fault where a pin pops loose internally, preventing the knob from engaging, and you have to dismount it and open it up to fix.
What's location are you using?
Apr 20, 2006
90 posts
78 upvotes
Had this for a couple of years. Used for the door to the garage. Replaced it because the lock would not engage when the temperature dropped below 0°c. If my garage was heated or I was using it on my front door (where one side is heated) then this may not occur.

Replaced it with a mechanical lock, no batteries, very reliable, but less secure.
Apr 24, 2019
52 posts
47 upvotes
n1ng wrote: Had this for a couple of years. Used for the door to the garage. Replaced it because the lock would not engage when the temperature dropped below 0°c. If my garage was heated or I was using it on my front door (where one side is heated) then this may not occur.

Replaced it with a mechanical lock, no batteries, very reliable, but less secure.
I have this lock and the samething happened to me in the -30c weather we get here. I took it apart and there was a lot of moisture that built up inside and froze the mechanisms for engaging the lock. I dried it out and put pb30 lube on everything and put it back together. So far so good and that was 2 years ago.
Sep 20, 2017
16 posts
21 upvotes
Stock at Hwy 7 and Bayview home Depot. The touchpad ones were all opened stock that others returned. Lots of the Schlager keypad one.
Nov 19, 2020
84 posts
182 upvotes
I paid regular price for the non-touchscreen version and I'm very happy with it. No more issues with the teen losing their key. Great price.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1357 posts
648 upvotes
n1ng wrote: Had this for a couple of years. Used for the door to the garage. Replaced it because the lock would not engage when the temperature dropped below 0°c. If my garage was heated or I was using it on my front door (where one side is heated) then this may not occur.

Had same issue but in a house front door. The fix is to simply ask for a warranty replacement OR open up the keypad part and clean the internal springs. Takes 15-20 mins if it's your first time. Then after cleaning make sure to use LITHIUM batteries rated for -30C and below. No issues since.
Jan 31, 2007
495 posts
315 upvotes
kodiberra wrote: I have this lock and the samething happened to me in the -30c weather we get here. I took it apart and there was a lot of moisture that built up inside and froze the mechanisms for engaging the lock. I dried it out and put pb30 lube on everything and put it back together. So far so good and that was 2 years ago.
I’ve had this lock since 2008 on three doors. Detached garage has never had issues, including multiple -30C weeks here in Calgary. Once a year battery changes in the fall. Front door finally had an issue this year where the top “Schlage” button no longer works to engage the lock mechanism. Not bad for such a long time. Bought from gokeyless way back in the day and they keyed all 3 to the same key.
Oct 7, 2007
325 posts
113 upvotes
Rider Nation
kodiberra wrote: I have this lock and the samething happened to me in the -30c weather we get here. I took it apart and there was a lot of moisture that built up inside and froze the mechanisms for engaging the lock. I dried it out and put pb30 lube on everything and put it back together. So far so good and that was 2 years ago.
pb30 lube. Is that the generic or brand name. Mine is doing a similar thing. Did a search for pb30
Jul 13, 2020
147 posts
507 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got one today at Markham Home Depot..
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3117 posts
2420 upvotes
Victoria
After two days of attempting to purchase this online with live chat due to technical glitches during the checkout process, I eventually had to go to a Home Depot location. The customer service employee would only match the price, not beat it. Her supervisor did the same, claiming their policy is to only match it. I tried to show them the transcripts from my chats but they refused to look at them. She called a manager, and after he finally showed up, barely looked up from his cellphone and clearly didn’t want to deal with the situation, and instructed the employee to beat the price.

This was an incredibly frustrating experience both online and in-store, so this damn lock better be worth it!!

To the Langford Home Depot staff, here’s a refresher on your own policy:

How Does Our Price Guarantee Work?

Price Match and Beat by 10% for Retail Stores:
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a local retailer’s store or website, we will match the price and beat it by 10%. Prices for online items will be matched to localized online prices if available.

Price Match for Online-Only Stores:
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a Canadian online-only retailer’s website, we will price match only. Items from online-only retailers are not eligible for the 10% discount. Prices will be matched to localized online prices if available.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/custom ... antee.html
[OP]
Dec 22, 2011
611 posts
795 upvotes
cooper83 wrote: After two days of attempting to purchase this online with live chat due to technical glitches during the checkout process, I eventually had to go to a Home Depot location. The customer service employee would only match the price, not beat it. Her supervisor did the same, claiming their policy is to only match it. I tried to show them the transcripts from my chats but they refused to look at them. She called a manager, and after he finally showed up, barely looked up from his cellphone and clearly didn’t want to deal with the situation, and instructed the employee to beat the price.

This was an incredibly frustrating experience both online and in-store, so this damn lock better be worth it!!

To the Langford Home Depot staff, here’s a refresher on your own policy:

How Does Our Price Guarantee Work?

Price Match and Beat by 10% for Retail Stores:
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a local retailer’s store or website, we will match the price and beat it by 10%. Prices for online items will be matched to localized online prices if available.

Price Match for Online-Only Stores:
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a Canadian online-only retailer’s website, we will price match only. Items from online-only retailers are not eligible for the 10% discount. Prices will be matched to localized online prices if available.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/custom ... antee.html
oh wow, my experience with HD for price beat was pretty good every time, last time they even gave me rebate on Next thermostat without the code (when you need to show code to claim). But I think it depends on the employees.
:D
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1393 posts
976 upvotes
redalot wrote: Also Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolt THIS OEN is $94 in-store (receipt is attached) https://prnt.sc/24tctqo
I was confused on this one, but I believe the OP meant that it was $94 in store at HD, none Home Hardware. My local store had it on clearance at $90. It'll go well with my $34 clearance Century entrance leavers from a year or so ago.
Nov 29, 2019
122 posts
572 upvotes
tofubb wrote: $175 in GVR
I'm not sure where you are getting $175? It is $139 Reg. in GVR HD and I can confirm a price match with HH $99 is a no prob. My cashier didn't care last night and I could price beat 10% to $89.. but YMMV
Sep 6, 2019
66 posts
149 upvotes
Great lock. Been using it for 1.5 years on my garage and i am still on the same battery. I like the manual unlock.
I find with motorized locks like kwikset and weiser if there is pressure on the bolt while motor is turning it will not open. This usually happens with people unfamiliar with electric locks and they are trying to open the door before the lock turns completely.