Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

schlage camelot keypad deadbolt - $89 with Price Match at HD, Also Touch Keypad for $94.50 (reg $189.90)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 8:14 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1220 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
starsoda wrote: I'm not sure where you are getting $175? It is $139 Reg. in GVR HD and I can confirm a price match with HH $99 is a no prob. My cashier didn't care last night and I could price beat 10% to $89.. but YMMV
Price at HD is $139-$179,
HW website shows $175, Where did you get $99?
Images
  • 2DF2B614-13A6-4A19-A625-76ED0483102F.png
Last edited by tofubb on Dec 30th, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1198 posts
701 upvotes
I have 2 of these...would recommend
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Sep 6, 2019
67 posts
152 upvotes
tofubb wrote: Price at HD is $139-$179,
HW website shows $175, Where did you get $99?
I just the flyer on Flipp.
Images
  • Screenshot_20211230-121347.png
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4678 posts
4381 upvotes
Toronto
I would also highly recommend.

I have three of them for maybe five years. I only need to change the battery about every 1.5-2 years. Low battery usage and reliable because *you're* the one engaging the deadbolt so you definitely know it's locked and it's good for doors where you might need to fiddle with it slightly to get the deadbolt in.

I have a friend who has the other type that move the deadbolt for you and have had cases where they're pressed the button to engage the lock but because the door isn't 100% perfect, the deadbolt encountered some resistance and didn't engage. They didn't notice it until they got home and found it was unlocked. Also, they have to change the batteries a couple of times a year.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2011
614 posts
807 upvotes
Home Hardware flyer is valid till 5th of Jan, so you have 6 more days to price match.

Also I saw a couple of open-boxes touchpad Orleans location few hours ago.
:D
Dec 10, 2014
218 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can also vouch for the quality. I own 2 for over 2 years and have never let me down. Good quality, and for this price is a steal.
Nov 27, 2008
211 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Used them on the front and back door and they worked great for years, had a problem with one and Schlage helped to fix it quickly.

I bought the newer style encode to replace them for that cleaner look.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1220 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
JordanL15502 wrote: I just the flyer on Flipp.
Thanks.
Home hardware is a strange company. You won’t able to find its flyer on its own website, but it it posted every where else. When you click on flyer on its website, a gift catalogue came up. And it’s sale price doesn’t show on its website either.
HD @ Cambie has few opened box Schlages
Nov 29, 2019
134 posts
633 upvotes
tofubb wrote: Home hardware is a strange company. You won’t able to find its flyer on its own website, but it it posted every where else. When you click on flyer on its website, a gift catalogue came up. And it’s sale price doesn’t show on its website either.
hmm that's weird.. I just googled Home Hardware and clicked the flyer, the keypad ad shows on the very first page for $99.97. Although the catalogue is written in French and the store location is in Quebec.. but HD staffs didn't care about the region in my case.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1220 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
starsoda wrote: hmm that's weird.. I just googled Home Hardware and clicked the flyer, the keypad ad shows on the very first page for $99.97. Although the catalogue is written in French and the store location is in Quebec.. but HD staffs didn't care about the region in my case.
This is what I got when I clicked “flyer” on their website
Images
  • D0E03B1C-729B-4013-BED5-47B77058B605.png
Jul 3, 2020
71 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto,ON
I’ve got two of these Locks in my house, at least 10 years. Working great and batteries last a very long time
Jul 15, 2019
210 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Have one of these and one Schlage Sense (touchpad variant) at my house and I just love how convenient it is to not need a key to lock and unlock every time. I like that I can still use a physical key if needed but I never needed to in the 2 years I’ve owned them as the units give me ample warning to change batteries.

Slighty off topic, anyone use Schlage’s re-key kit for these locks? Have another deadbolt I want to match the other locks in my house and the kit is cheaper than a locksmith doing it.
Mar 15, 2013
752 posts
391 upvotes
Fredericton
I have the exact same one and have been finding lately it takes me a few times to engage it to lock it and engage to unlock it. Sometimes it works the first time and sometimes 2-3 tries. Anyone know what might be wrong? I watched a YouTube video that shows what to do if not engaging at all. Is it the battery or should I call Schlage? TIA for your opinions.
Apr 23, 2007
74 posts
14 upvotes
9 years on the back door and buttons are just starting to stick. Will see if I can a new one at home hardware or Home Depot.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16353 posts
4220 upvotes
Does anyone know if this fit smaller hole?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 2, 2012
175 posts
63 upvotes
WHITBY
the mark ups on these at the big box stores is incredible. Insane really. I worked at home Depot and different supply stores and I am from the trades. I don't know if it's allowed but I can tell you guys where you can get this stuff for 50 to 60% off on the regular, and have a selection to pick from. I don't work for the company anymore but they were super kind to me and I still buy my stuff from them because of the price. I'm not sure what the rules are but also never buy trim from a big box store, I'm talking two, three, four hundred percent markups
If you like the deal, throw a thanks to Op.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1462 posts
1051 upvotes
luvfibe wrote: the mark ups on these at the big box stores is incredible. Insane really. I worked at home Depot and different supply stores and I am from the trades. I don't know if it's allowed but I can tell you guys where you can get this stuff for 50 to 60% off on the regular, and have a selection to pick from. I don't work for the company anymore but they were super kind to me and I still buy my stuff from them because of the price. I'm not sure what the rules are but also never buy trim from a big box store, I'm talking two, three, four hundred percent markups
Who wouldn't allow it? Where's the source!?
Jul 27, 2008
437 posts
572 upvotes
Too bad the other colours aren't also on sale at Home Hardware. I think my wife would want Aged Bronze.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1407 posts
1328 upvotes
Montreal
luvfibe wrote: the mark ups on these at the big box stores is incredible. Insane really. I worked at home Depot and different supply stores and I am from the trades. I don't know if it's allowed but I can tell you guys where you can get this stuff for 50 to 60% off on the regular, and have a selection to pick from. I don't work for the company anymore but they were super kind to me and I still buy my stuff from them because of the price. I'm not sure what the rules are but also never buy trim from a big box store, I'm talking two, three, four hundred percent markups
I know their markups are insane. But at the same time people return a lot of stuff...
Where can I get the locks at a cheaper price? I'd love to know.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)