Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

schlage camelot keypad deadbolt - $89 with Price Match at HD, Also Touch Keypad for $94.50 (reg $189.90)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 8:14 pm
Nov 21, 2009
225 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
luvfibe wrote: the mark ups on these at the big box stores is incredible. Insane really. I worked at home Depot and different supply stores and I am from the trades. I don't know if it's allowed but I can tell you guys where you can get this stuff for 50 to 60% off on the regular, and have a selection to pick from. I don't work for the company anymore but they were super kind to me and I still buy my stuff from them because of the price. I'm not sure what the rules are but also never buy trim from a big box store, I'm talking two, three, four hundred percent markups
Yes what is the source?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2038 posts
2041 upvotes
Montreal
TannerK28755 wrote: I own it. Piece of shit. Don't buy.
Euuuhhhh…. What ?
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Aug 28, 2011
211 posts
132 upvotes
CALGARY
Have had one that was starting to stick. Used the HH add to PM at HD. HD was not picky on the color/style. Was able to grab the color I wanted and PM even though it didn’t match the HH add in flyer. Regular price at HD is 149. Thanks OP
Jul 29, 2008
198 posts
183 upvotes
gowings wrote: pb30 lube. Is that the generic or brand name. Mine is doing a similar thing. Did a search for pb30
I used a silicone based lubricant (Jig-A-Loo) on the internal spring and it worked great.
Sep 26, 2016
118 posts
62 upvotes
I picked one up at HD too; price matched HH but wouldn't beat it because the # wasn't exactly the same. ?
M.M.
Sep 16, 2010
949 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote: On the other hand it has a notorious fault where a pin pops loose internally, preventing the knob from engaging, and you have to dismount it and open it up to fix.
Any tips on how to fix it? Ours having the same issue. Thanks a lot !
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6560 posts
6868 upvotes
Vancouver
torspiker wrote: Any tips on how to fix it? Ours having the same issue. Thanks a lot !
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4871 posts
4545 upvotes
No Bum Deals
I've used the Schlage zwave century locks scattered around several addresses for the last 4 odd years. No issues, very reliable. Best results using Energizer Lithium batteries for temps lower than -20c.
I need ammunition, not a ride.

©Zelensky 2022
Sep 25, 2013
182 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Is this better option price match at home depot for $160
Images
  • F070D9B8-70EE-4173-A717-C0AE73662538.jpeg
Jul 29, 2008
198 posts
183 upvotes
Scote64 wrote:
Mine had a slightly different problem. The motor was not able to pull the plastic bracket up enough to let the pin engage the gear on the handle to turn the lock. It turned out there was probably too much friction around the spring driven by the motor. I thought the spring was pulled linearly but it turned out the spring was used like a worm drive shaft. I lubricated the spring and it fixed the problem. Since then, for over two years, I had 0 problems with the lock.
Feb 7, 2010
254 posts
49 upvotes
Kingston
I own two of these, one of these stopped working and I got them to send me a new one. However, I'd love to know how to fix the pin that pops loose. I tried disassembling but I had no luck fixing it.

EDIT:
Nevermind! Someone above just posted the fix! Thank you!
Nov 26, 2006
88 posts
5 upvotes
Price matched at Home Depot online (chat with agent), $89.97 plus taxes.
Oct 4, 2012
141 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
aznmafia wrote: I own two of these, one of these stopped working and I got them to send me a new one. However, I'd love to know how to fix the pin that pops loose. I tried disassembling but I had no luck fixing it.

EDIT:
Nevermind! Someone above just posted the fix! Thank you!
Did you try what was mentioned in the video and did it work for you?
Sep 5, 2006
100 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
Interesting story on Bloomberg Business on how a Quebec director of cybersecurity who has taken to lock-picking as a hobby was able to simply bypass, with a zip tie, a Schlage CO-100 commercial-grade, keypad-operated deadbolt. Here's the story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... rity-flaws.

And here's a Youtube video demonstrating how he did it:

500$ lock open with a Zip Tie.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1915 posts
1981 upvotes
popoia wrote: Interesting story on Bloomberg Business on how a Quebec director of cybersecurity who has taken to lock-picking as a hobby was able to simply bypass, with a zip tie, a Schlage CO-100 commercial-grade, keypad-operated deadbolt. Here's the story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... rity-flaws.

And here's a Youtube video demonstrating how he did it:

500$ lock open with a Zip Tie.
Lol doh. But just like the weiser power lock with the Smartkey I have that can be exploited with a bic pen.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1639 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
drpepper1 wrote: Have had one that was starting to stick. Used the HH add to PM at HD. HD was not picky on the color/style. Was able to grab the color I wanted and PM even though it didn’t match the HH add in flyer. Regular price at HD is 149. Thanks OP
Tried to get black in store, no luck given different number.
Aug 24, 2011
421 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
How is the touchpad version compared to the keypad one?

Thanks.
Oct 7, 2007
333 posts
119 upvotes
Rider Nation
kiasu wrote: Does anyone know if this fit smaller hole?
No
Have to bore the hole to 2 1/8
Aug 24, 2011
421 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
gowings wrote: No
Have to bore the hole to 2 1/8
My front door has a smaller hole. We don’t have the tools to make it bigger. Will a locksmith normally do it?

Or do you by any chance know which electronic lock fits the smaller hole?

Thank you.