Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Snow Joe 10-inch 24V Cordless Electric Snow Shovel Kit with 5.0 Ah Battery + Charger $128

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2022 9:12 am
[OP]
Dec 12, 2006
298 posts
291 upvotes

[Home Depot] Snow Joe 10-inch 24V Cordless Electric Snow Shovel Kit with 5.0 Ah Battery + Charger $128

Snow Joe 10-inch 24V Cordless Electric Snow Shovel Kit with 5.0 Ah Battery + Charger
Model # 24V-SS10-XR|Store SKU # 1001341911

Bought this in Brampton ON First Gulf Blvd store. They had quite a few on the shelves. I bought it primarily to clear a path for a medium sized dog after a feet snow. But looks useful even otherwise. I dropped it in vertical to the surface in higher areas and moved it forward.

This no way replaces my Toro gas blower. It is good for the purpose I bought it for and some more.

Here is a review, forward the first four minutes of unboxing and assembling:

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001341911
Last edited by avko on Jan 20th, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18701 posts
21374 upvotes
GTA
Looks like more work than just using a shovel or push sled. I'd say go for a real snow blower if you don't want to stick with shovelling.
My neighbour has small electric snow blower and it seemed to work well, though he did have to go in and recharge a few times, and that was with the 2ft of light powder snow we got. My other neighbours have real gas blowers and they are still much better than any electric.
Big downside of gas is the noise, smell and maintenance. When I was shovelling with my push plow, I was pretty annoyed when the fumes came my way. It certainly took me me longer with the push sled, but it's easy on my back. I did finish faster than the electric blower though.

Even this guy wasn't happy with his electric snowjoe blower (blew the battery fuse).

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
Dec 12, 2006
298 posts
291 upvotes
I sold my cordless mower and regretted it. Yup miss the fresh air advantage and the purpose ov being outside.
Nov 19, 2005
432 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
I have both this and a small corded Snow Joe, I'd say they're for different situations. For light to even medium snow days I don't have to break out the snow blower and just use the snow shovel and it works just fine, I can blow through a double driveway and barely break a sweat. For days like this week I had to break out the corded snow blower.

I had the cordless 40-volt linked above before, battery crapped out right after 2 years, getting a new battery literally costs as much as buying a new one when on sale. So I got a corded one instead.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18701 posts
21374 upvotes
GTA
avko wrote: I sold my cordless mower and regretted it. Yup miss the fresh air advantage and the purpose ov being outside.
Hopefully EV snow blowers continue to get better and come down in cost.
It looks like there are some really powerful ones, but you gotta pay quite a bit.
https://www.treehugger.com/best-electri ... rs-5210680

I don't think I would for anything less than the Snow Joe SJ623E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower, 18-inch, 15 Amp Motor, Headlights. I'd avoid batteries and go corded as they don't last and will eventually need replacing and they won't be cheap.
Same reason I use a corded mower. It's a bit more hassle to manage the cord, but not a big deal if you aren't going more than 100ft away from the plug.
Mar 17, 2014
825 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
thumbs up for Deal+Description+Review video+ stocktrack

true RFD poster!!! well done op!

i really wan this this year, so tired of shoveling by hand ...
Aug 28, 2019
535 posts
422 upvotes
kwokinator wrote: I have both this and a small corded Snow Joe, I'd say they're for different situations. For light to even medium snow days I don't have to break out the snow blower and just use the snow shovel and it works just fine, I can blow through a double driveway and barely break a sweat. For days like this week I had to break out the corded snow blower.

I had the cordless 40-volt linked above before, battery crapped out right after 2 years, getting a new battery literally costs as much as buying a new one when on sale. So I got a corded one instead.
I have the snow joe corded one. It has worked great for last 5 years. It really does push alot of snow for its size.
May 8, 2012
246 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
was able to get 1 from Edmonton Skyview Location
Feb 1, 2011
29 posts
95 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
My folks have a corded blower (looks exactly like the one in the second comment video, but corded), I don't know how much snowblowers cost on avg but if it's less than 150bucks then this is worth the purchase, assuming the option was "it's this or nothing". The blower itself is kinda crap, cords are already annoying but the mechanism and plug location makes operation restricted by a significant amount, but it would have literally taken more than 4 hours to complete the job by hand. To be fair the amount of snow was like twice the amount than in the video, so take a huge cup of salt with that feedback; cause there's definitely user error there.

They laughed at me when I told them to get a snowblower a few years back, "that's a waste of money, we only get maybe 2 days of real snow in BC! You've been in the prairies too long", well who's laughing now?! (Them, cause either way they would make me do it). But I'm just saying that even mainland BC gets snow now.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18701 posts
21374 upvotes
GTA
congo80 wrote: thumbs up for Deal+Description+Review video+ stocktrack

I definitely was eyeing my neighbours' proper snowblowers on monday. But hard to justify for a couple days a year. Was a good workout though :)
For older people snowblowers make tons of sense.
[OP]
Dec 12, 2006
298 posts
291 upvotes
MarkF56792 wrote: I have the snow joe corded one. It has worked great for last 5 years. It really does push alot of snow for its size.
I was getting the corded e320, but then saw this on sale. I had a Murray electric which gave me great service and then gave it away for the gas one. Got this one for the back yard and I will end up using it for the driveway.
Dec 20, 2018
652 posts
1020 upvotes
engineered wrote: I definitely was eyeing my neighbours' proper snowblowers on monday. But hard to justify for a couple days a year. Was a good workout though :)
For older people snowblowers make tons of sense.
A snowblower makes a great gift to older people, especially with comorbidities that can make extreme physical effort especially dangerous. Pride is probably a challenge for some and there might have to be some creativity used to get around it.

I imagine people with a big two-stage snowblower can gain a lot of goodwill amongst neighbours without one. Also, and of course I do not recommend it, but neighbours that are sociopathic jerks might not benefit from this helpfulness because gas runs out at the more inopportune time.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2668 posts
2556 upvotes
congo80 wrote: thumbs up for Deal+Description+Review video+ stocktrack

Minus doing a quick check for previous threads. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I'm sure its regular price for this bundle at HD but stock comes and goes.

home-depot-snow-joe-cordless-24-volts-s ... g-2507458/
home-depot-snow-joe-10-inch-24v-cordles ... 8-2446256/
Nov 15, 2020
18 posts
3 upvotes
I bought the corded one a few years ago and I hate it, I can't see this one being much better other than not having to fight with the cord. The shovel is heavy and significantly more work than just shoveling normally
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6105 posts
493 upvotes
Quebec
big con is it shoots straight ahead up in the air only. not able to direct where the snow goes makes it pretty useless imo. also, there is no power level adjuster, so it just shoots i tup in the air and all falls back down on your land...waste of time... if windy, it all comes back in your face. i resold mine after 2 tries lol. it's pretty much just for your deck since you can't lug your snowblower even electric up the stairs.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16363 posts
4234 upvotes
can this handle the recent snow storm in Toronto?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)